Punishment

Aithne Blaize Falcon

I can feel him staring at me from time to time. Doesn't he ever tire?

I know he feels the strange feeling I have whenever we're in the same vicinity, but that doeant make it okay for him to stare like a fucking idiot.

It's the bond. It's trying to connect us.

I read more about the sub-elements and one passage says that, "The bond strengthens when the main and sub-elements feel each other's energy near them."

The bond is like a magnet, trying to connect us to become stronger, but I still haven't found out how it is done and what are the consequences.

"So as I said, the whole day you are excused from your classes to help out at the village." I diverted my attention back to the headmistress.

The punishment dad thought of was for us to help out in on of the villages near the school. He said it would help us know more about the people of the realm for when we are ready to be introduced to everyone.

If we know how they work, how they feel, how they think, how they act, it would be easier for us to be better leaders for them when we will soon take over the throne.

"Kailangan pa ba talaga kaming sumama?" Reed complained.

Yes, the four of us are here inside the headmistress' office with the sub-elementalists. Seems like dad ordered a punishment for them as well.

"I'm sorry, prince Zion but this is king Sentiene's orders for you have failed your mission." Reed grunted and harshly leaned back on the couch.

"What kind of help are we suppose to do?" I asked and he looked at me again. This is getting frustrating.

"Whatever the villagers ask of you, miss Falcon." I still get jitters whenever we're called by that surname. It's what we use, but it's not ours.

"The horses are ready for you in the front gate. Be safe, my students. Especially you, elementalists." I saw Caprice roll her eyes at the statement.

Well we apparently don't have a choice but to tolerate how high the enchanters' respects are for these guys. They practically deserve it because afterall they are still elementalists.

Tumayo na kami at sabay nagtungo sa main gate.

"Hey strong girl." I heard Reed call.

"I told you, my name is not strong girl." Caprice replied with gritted teeth.

"And I told you I want to call you that." Caprice attempted a punch but I blocked my arm in front of her.

"Don't." She rolled here eyes once more at Reed and continued her way.

"I advise you not to piss off my sister, she has a very bad temper." I said to him.

"That's what makes it more interesting." He grinned and walked past me.

"Strong girl! Hintay nga!"

I rolled my eyes at his stubborness. Boys.

I followed them since I ended up last in row, other than someone who was behind me. I didn't dare to look back because I already know who it was.

"Aithne! Bilisan mo kayang maglakad!" Sigaw ni Raine. I nodded but still maintained my pace.

We arrived at the front gate and just as the headmistress said, horses were waiting for us.

"Good morning, students." A professor appeared from behind one of the horses.

"These horses will serve as your transport from the academy to the village. Apat lang ang ipininalabas, so I was hoping you'd ride in pairs. Okay ba?"