Heavy Weights

Aria Skye Falcon

"Once they wake up, you need to get out of here." Kuya Kaeden reminded na tinanguan naman namin.

We all had to be here for Jace, especially ate Aithne. The kid's still scared and only she can calm him down.

He doesn't listen to anyone else but her ever since she woke up. It's understandable, after what he's been through.

"You really think this would work?" I understand the worry in the headmistress' tone, but she really shouldn't. Ate Aithne would never take action when it wouldn't provide her wanted conclusion.

"It's gonna be fine, love." Ate Aithne muttered into Jace's ear to calm him down.

Unang lumapit si Jace kay Jamie, he held on to her hand and closed his eyes. The glowing of their connected hands was evident, and I'm pretty sure that's a good sign. After the light died down, he let go of her and did the same thing for the others.

We waited. Jace was hugging ate Aithne, probably scared to disappoint us.

After a while, Jamie coughed and slowly, her eyes fluttered open.

"Oh!" I can hear the relief in the headmistress' voice as she approached her daughter and sighs of relief filled the room.

"You did great, Jace." Pansin kong wika ni ate sa bata. Hinalikan niya ito sa tuktok ng kaniyang ulo bago lumingon samin.

"I'll take him back to the palace." Anito. Hindi na niya kami hinintay pang sumagot dahil agad rin itong nawala.

"We should be heading out now." I told them. My sisters nodded in agreement as we bid farewell and a fast recovery to the people left in the room.

"Bukas, ibabalita nina kuya ang tungkol sa ranking trials." Caprice suddenly said.

"That's true." We agreed, after ate Aithne left, that we should move the ranking trials earlier than it's expected date.

"Hindi ba sila magtataka na masyadong napaaga?" Nag-aalalang tanong ni ate Raine.

"We already talked about that." After discussing about the idea, we decided that this was the best way.

We were never really sure of how much Kairus knows, so rather than waiting for the ranking trials, we moved it so that our trainings with the superiors could start as early as possible.

We have no idea what ate Aithne has planned for this, but we wanted to take whatever that plan is into action right away. We can never really be so complacent nowadays.

"Sana lang naman ay matapos na ang lahat ng 'to." I hope so too. I just want to stop keeping my guard up for everything. I just want to look forward without thinking of any backstabbing possibilities.

"Ako pa ang nagtulak sa inyo na bumalik tayo dito." She chuckled, "Kaso ngayon parang namimiss ko ang buhay natin sa mortal realms." Ate Raine suddenly blurted out.

"Namimiss kong asarin si Maxine, kahit na bruha 'yon." They both laughed at Caprice's comment and I smiled remembering those times.

Yes, we were raised with the idea of carrying such a big responsibility on our shoulders, but we never really felt that weight when we were there.

Even when we had our trainings, even when we get news about dark enchanter attacks, nothing really felt heavy, not until we came here.

It was when we stepped foot in the realm where we actually felt that heavy weight on our shoulders. It was like a wake up call, telling us that our free time was over, reminding us that we have that to carry.