Fall of the King

Third Person

"I see courage in your eyes." He raised his brow, "Brave of you to stand up like this. But then again, this guy right here," He motioned to Sentiene, "doesn't want you to interfere. Maybe another time, then?"

"Why are you running away? Are you scared?" Aithne dared to ask. Now that she's here, they finally have hope in breaking free of their father's compulsion.

Is she crazy?! A common question in the minds of everyone right now.

"Hmm... A challenger. I do love a good battle, especially if I'm surely gonna win." Kairus faced towards their direction, pero bago pa man siya makalapit sa kanila, hinablot na ni Sentiene ang sandata mula sa kaniyang kamay at itinutok ito sa huli.

"You came here for me, you face me." Utas nito.

Kairus faced Sentiene, so Aithne used that moment to stare into her sisters' eyes.

"Move." she said. The glowing of her eyes didn't escape the people along that view and what they saw stunned them.

She had red eyes, and only one thought came into their minds.

"Hmm. I commend that move, but remember, never steal your opponent's sword." Itinaas niya ang kaniyang kamay at muling bumalik ang sandata sa kaniya, "Especially when it's laced with magic."

The tables have now turned, Kairus pounced onto Sentiene because he didn't like his little show. Sentiene didn't have anything with him, so instead, he used the first thing he could reach with his hands to block his attack.

"I knew something was not right." Aithne muttered with gritted teeth.

"Kung hindi lang dahil s--"

"No time to put blames on someone," Pigil niya kay Caprice, pero sa kaloob-looban niya, pinapatay na niya ang mga taong humadlang sa likas na hilig niya. "Dad's at a disadvantage." Lingon nito sa taas bago bumaling ulit sa kanila.

"Caprice throw me up there, Aria guide my landing. Both of you stand by because I will make a jump with Dad. Raine, find Kaeden, tell him to blow that thing up once I find an opening." With those instructions they all looked at each other knowing that this will not only cause confusion in the eyes of many, but it will also expose their identities to Kairus.

"We know the consequences." Aithne worded out what's on their minds, "But we'll deal with it after. That candle holder is not gonna last long." She pointed out to their father's makeshift weapon.

Walang sinayang na oras ang magkakapatid, buhay ng ama nila ang nakataya dito. Agad kumilos sina Aria at Caprice habang si Raine naman ay tumakbo patungo sa puwesto nina Kaeden.

Lahat nang nakapalibot ay nagulat sa pangyayari. Hindi nila inaasahan ang mga kilos na iyon at lalong-lalo na't kung sino ang nagsagawa nito.

Nag-alala ang mga nakaka-alam sa katotohanan sa kung ano man ang kahihinatnan ng sitwasyon ngayon. Gusto nilang tumulong ngunit wala silang magawa na siyang ikinayamot nila.

Aithne landed behind Kairus. She didn't waste any time and summoned a fire sword to emerge from her hand.

Everyone was dumbfounded, like deers in front of headlights. They didn't know how to react. They didn't know if what they were seeing was actually true.

"Battling someone at a disadvantage? Are you that much of a coward?" Hearing a voice behind him, he turned around and saw that the girl in the arena suddenly just appeared right before him, "I didn't know winning by default was your game?"

"You should really choose your battles, kid."

"Oh, I am." She raised her sword and made a shift in position to move Kairus away from her father.