Attacks

Aithne Blaize Falcon

"He's making his moves."

"Paano niya napasok ang barrier ng school?" Worry was in our mother's eyes.

"Ang tanong, paano niya napasok ang barrier ng realm." Kaeden is right. Only light enchanters can enter the barrier with no restraints.

Except for that one time because of the amalgam, but the little girl is now under the school's custody for special classes so this could not be her doing.

The barrier necklace–or bracelets as we should now call it–are safe with us, so there could only be one possible way for him to manage an infiltration without us knowing.

"There's a traitor in the realm." They all looked at me.

It's not like it's not possible. No sensor was alarmed, a probability that no one forcefully entered. The only option left is that it's someone from the inside.

No light student enchanter would dare kill one of their own, especially not under those superiors' watch.

"How sure are you about that, sweetheart?"

"It's just a posibility, Mom." She knows that it could be true, "We need to look more into this. A student died."

"Paano ba namatay ang babae?" Raine asked.

"Her brain exploded and was shot by a common hex blast for about 8 to 10 times."

"Ang harsh naman ng pumatay sa kaniya, parang may tinatanim na galit." And Caprice's words hit me.

"That could be a start." I looked at Kaeded and added, "We need to know all the living enemies of this girl, be it people with shallow or deep amounts of anger towards her."

He nodded, "And after that?"

"Interrogate every one you'll find. I'll be inside your mind during the interrogation if that's okay with you?"

"Wala naman akong tinatago." He gave out a cheeky smile and I nodded in response.

"Trabaho naman 'yun para sa superiors." Caprice complained, "Eh, tayo? Anong gagawin natin?"

"Nothing."

"What?!"

"Nothing." I repeated. "In case you haven't noticed, the sub-elementalists have been following us twenty-four seven."

"Except when we're in the dorms." Aria added seeing our father's reaction.

"But a student died!" Caprice argued.

"And we're doing what we can. We need to be careful of our actions, that was our first rule before we even came here." I have been always reminding them of this eversince we arrived here, but sometimes they just can't help themselves. Especially Caprice.

"Aithne's right, Caprice. We won't let this go, but we wont be too hands on about it. Parang, working in the shadows lang muna tayo sa ngayon."

Caprice grunted but nodded in the end. She needs to understand.

"Kailangan na nating bumalik sa school, baka may manghinala na naman kung bakit tayo nawala." Raine suggested.

"We have to get going, mom, dad. See you on the weekend." We bid our goodbyes and portaled back to our dorms.