Enlightenment

Aithne Blaize Falcon

"Do you really have to be that mysterious?" I asked the white light in front of me.

"It's not yet the right time, Princess. But soon." She answered. Her voice was angelic, too soft that you needed to listen very hard for you to hear it, like it demanded to be heard. I do recall hearing it somewhere, I just can't remember when.

"So why are you showing yourself to me now?"

"Oh, you haven't seen me yet. You're just hearing my voice to keep you company." I could almost hear the smile in her tone.

Okay, so she did keep me company, I won't deny that. The moment I blacked out, she just appeared and kept me comfortable in this darkness. I don't even know how long it's been since then.

"I think you've gotten your well deserved rest, Princess. It's time for you to wake up."

"You're in charge of how long I'm unconscious?" I don't know why I feel betrayed. If she did control my unconscious state, then why did she keep me here for gods knows how many days?

I needed to be out there, making plans for what happened, because I know no matter how much we delay it, the war is coming sooner rather than later. We need plans, and me resting here like sleeping beauty is not helping at all!

"I know what you would do as soon as you wake up, that's why I took this time for you to rest. You need it, despite how much you say you don't. You'll realize it once you wake up."

"But that doesn't give you the right to control my body! I ha-"

"Wake up, Princess."

She cut me off and then all I knew was that I am currently staring at a white light. I squinted my eyes to adjust to the brightness.

This light was different from the one I've been seeing the past days. The light I've been talking to was the only light in a dark endlessness, what I'm seeing right now is a white light in a white room.

"You're awake!" I was suddenly embraced in a tight hug but I groaned when I felt a discomfort from its tightness.

"Oh, sorry." Lumayo naman siya kaagad, pero nanatli siya sa tabi ko.

"Isang linggo na kayong walang malay. We were so worried. Kaeden's been shifting from thevpalace to the academy everytime he's free and your father's been very disturbed. I even told him to stop with the palace duties for a while since the whole situation's been affecting him." Mahabang saad niya.

Mom brushed my hair but suddenly stopped. She moved it aside and I got worried with her expression.

"What's wrong, Mom?" I asked. Dammit, my throat is dry.

I think my voice woke her trance since she immediately reached for the glass of water by the table and handed it to me. "Here, have some water."

"Ako rin!" Napalingon naman ako sa kaliwa ko at nakita ko si Caprice na nakataas pa ang kamay.

"Oh, finally! You're awake too." Mom handed her another glass. Kumunot naman ang noo ko nang ginawa niya kay Caprice ang ginawa niya sa buhok ko.