Amalgam

Aithne Blaize Falcon

We were all heading out of the house with Phoebe and Lolo Danilo.

"Parang nagtitipon na ang mga kasamahan ko sa sentro." Said the old man.

As I diverted my attention there, I saw four familiar faces talking to the other men.

"Ate, pwede ko ba hawakan ang kamay mo?" I looked down at her. Why me?

It's not that I don't like kids, I'm just not very fond of them. Raine was the one who showed so much interest on her earlier, why not choose her?

"Sure." She smiled and held on to me. I felt her small, warm hands cling onto my fingers. It felt strange, not just because she's a new figure but something is different with her touch.

Nakalapit na kami sa kanila at napansin ata ng matanda ang apat.

"Mga prinsipe, maligayang pagdating sa bayan." He bowed down to them and so did the little girl.

"It's nice to be back." Storm commented.

I felt the little girl hide behind me and pulled my hand, "Ate, hindi niyo sinabi na ang mga prinsipe po pala ang mga kasamahan niyo." She looked scared. Of them? Why'd sge be scared of the royal heirs?

Her grip tightened and that strange feeling became stonger. What is with this kid?

I knelt in front of her, "Are you okay?"

Raine. I called out to her. Maybe she can do something about this.

I noticed her look at my direction and so did he. Why can't he just mind his own business.

"Hey, Phoebe. Okay ka lang ba?" Raine knelt beside me and talked to the child. When I saw her getting comfortable, I stood up and diverted my attention back to them.

"Lolo, gumawa nalang tayo ng mga grupo para mapadali natin ang trabaho." Reed suggested and the elders agreed.

"We can assign designated areas for each group to clean." Aria added.

"Two students in each group, so that makes four groups." Storm stepped aside so that Lolo Danilo could take his place, "Please take the lead, Sir."

Before he could start talking a strong gust of wind passed by us that made me look at Aria but she shook her head. It wasn't her, and it wasn't natural either.

Aria, what was that? I looked at her again and she started walking away from the crowd.

"It's just a gust of wind. Please continue planning." I stated before following my sister.

"That was not me, I don't know where it came from. It felt different, ate. It was cold and empty, the wind did not have life." I can sense her uneasiness, it's not normal for her to feel this way with her domain.

Something's wrong. I talked to the three of them and I noticed them look at me.

"Let's go back. We'll figure this out." We went back to the crowd and they were already grouped.

"Aria, sa grupo ka ni prinsipe Daze. At kay prinsipe Thunder ka naman, Aithne." Great.

"I don't think it's a good idea pairing Aithne and Thunder. Unless you peeps work in silence." Caprice laughed. She was followed by soft chuckles of the others but I kept my straight face.

I stared at Caprice and when she noticed she raised her hands in surrender.

"Sorry, naman. Just lightening up the mood." She faced her group, "Tara na nga! Let's get this community clean up over with." Everyone followed and went to their respective areas.