The Beginning

No. No. No. 

You thought as you ran as fast as you could in the pouring rain.

"Please don't leave me. Please." You repeated to yourself.

You rushed into the hospital and grabbed the wrist the first nurse you see.

"My mother. Where is she?" You squeezed her arm so tightly her fingers began to shiver with redness.

"Y/N. Calm down." She and comforted you with a patting motion on your hand.

All the nurses in this hospital recognizes you by now. It's a small neighborhood hospital which does not have many staff. Your mother has been a patient here for some time. She has kidney failure and is currently waiting for transplant.

You really wanted to give better treatment to your mother but you cannot afford. You tried to hold your tears which are about to fall from the rim of your eyes. You blamed yourself for not being a better daughter. For not giving her the best. You hate yourself.

Breathe. Y/N. Breathe. You told yourself as you closed your eyes to take a few deep breath.

"She's still in an operation. Don't worry. Dr. Yoo will do whatever he can." The nurse continued.

"Whatever he can? That is not assurance." After all, you were the one who could only afford to let your mother live in a small neighborhood hospital without the necessary medical equipment and technologies to keep your mother living and breathing.  

"I'll wait outside the operation room." You told the nurse. You dragged your heavy legs and walked towards the end of the dark corridor. It was past midnight the lights are dimmed to not disturb the patients at rest. 

You sat on a bench outside the operation room which has a red neon sigh on saying 'operation in progress'. You looked at the sign and waited for it to be switched off. You wanted to stop yourself from crying but your tears just keep falling uncontrollably out of your eyes. You hate yourself. If your mother left you today, her life in your hands. If only you were a better daughter to her.

You waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Why is it taking so long? You probably asked a question nobody could answer. It was when you heard two men whispering in the end of the corridor. You have no energy to turn your head around to look at them or to bother about what they were talking about.

"There. That's her." One said.

"Good. Thanks. Jin hyung." Another replied.

You heard footsteps approaching and a man knelt down beside you. You could not see his face clearly as your vision was blur because you had tears which are dangling on the corners of your eyes. But still you could vaguely see the figure of his muscular body beneath the slim fit black suit and his grey tie was tied perfectly. He held a phone in his hands and he was sincerely looking up at you.

"Will you marry me?" He said calmly with a smile which you could not tell if it was sincere.

You froze. You were not sure if you hear correctly. He just proposed? He just asked you to marry him?

"What did you just say?" You frowned as you stared at his dark eyes. His eyes, his expression does not seem to you that he was joking. 

You wiped away your tears with your fingers to clear your vision so you can see him clearer. He is handsome. His dark brown hair was groomed to perfection with strands of silver lining highlighting due to the dim lights. His sharp jawline was illuminated red by the neon sign which was still on. He's dark black eyes pierced into your as though he could read you like a book. His faint pink lips speaks as you scanned through his features.

"Literally. Marry me." He smiled. That bunny smile could have killed a million girls. It could have even got him away with murder. And he proposed to you with that killing smile and that killing face. 

"And why would I do that. I don't even know you." You said coldly to him. This man in front of you, is merely a stranger. Why would you agree to his proposal?

"Princess. I believe you do." He smirked confidently.

You ran through your brain to find the name to match this face and it only took you seconds to find his identity in your head. You do know him. Actually the whole country knows him. His name was all over the news this week.

Jeon Jungkook. 

The newly made CEO of Jeon Cooperation.

Jeon Cooperation was founded by his grandfather who was possibly the most successful entrepreneur in history. He started with a construction company and expanded his business empire spreading over all industries all over the country. The Jeon family is one of the most influential families in town. Their business covers almost every industry you could think of. 

His grandfather, despite numerous objections, declared him the heir of his empire and made him CEO a week ago before passing away recently. Many thought he was out of his mind. Making this kid CEO.

Jeon Jungkook is the CEO of the biggest empire of the country and thus, making him, the richest man in the country. And the same man every girl wants to marry, just literally, like he said... Proposed?

"Know me now?" He smiled again when he saw your face enlightening. Of course you would recognize him.  

"Yes. Mr. Jeon." You said. But you still is not understanding the situation in front of you right now. "And what do you want with me."

"I've told you. Twice. Marry me. Are my words so difficult to understand? Do I need to speak Martian? Or tell me any other language you can comprehend?" He said innocently with a smile. Again.

He continued confidently. "You need money. Right?"

You froze at his sentence. 

Just how much does he know about you? 

A/N::

That's the beginning of everything.... A strange man, proposing.