The New Beginning

**FIVE YEARS LATER - NEW YORK**
(One Year after the Last Chapter)

You were preparing breakfast when you heard the sound of the doorbell.

"Jaekay, open the door." You called out for your son who is reading a storybook in his room.

"Yes Mommy!!" He closed the book shut and hopped to the door. The door knob is a little too high for him so he needs to tiptoe to reach for the knob and turned it opened. At the door was two of your best friends, Chungha and Daniel.

"Uncle Daniel!! Auntie Chungha!!" Baby Jaekay called out. When Daniel carried him to his shoulders in a sweep and he giggled happily.

"I'll take him to the park and play." Danial said. After giving a small peck on Chungha's cheeks, he left you with Chungha to talk. Chungha and Daniel has been together for nearly two years already and they are now planning their wedding. Sometimes you really can't stand these lovebirds.

"You know? I still can't believe you're with Daniel now." You said to Chungha who was smiling back to Daniel when he left the room.

"I know. Sometimes I feel so unreal too. I never thought I would be in a relationship too, not to say marriage. I thought I am better off being single. And I thought I will always chose the stage over romance. Until I met Daniel." Chungha hugged you.

"And I hope someday you find your happiness too." Chungha added.

Daniel and Chungha. Daniel as the uprising model and Chungha as the famous choreographer, have been active on international runways and traveling with artists to New York very often. Every time they do that. They will come over to your place and help you baby sit Jaekay when you are busy. Eventually, they connected and naturally their relationship gradually developed. You and Jaekay are actually their matchmaker and they look so good together.

"Thank you for coming to my graduation." You told Chungha. Having your best friends around you was the best thing that could happen.

The only people you were keeping in touch with, besides Chungha and Daniel, was Jin and Namjoon and also the designers in Illumine. Jin was the only person who knows about Jaekay. He visits you once in a while when he comes to New York to check up on the both of you. He kept his promise to be your big brother no matter what your relationship with Jungkook is. But you knew, he always hoped that you and Jungkook is endgame. He never said, but it was in his eyes. Especially when he looks at Jaekay, who is a total miniature of Jungkook.

Namjoon did not know about Jaekay. You deliberately kept it from him but you kept in touch with him through your studies here. When you were pregnant during your first year here, you only told him you wanted to prepare better for the assignments and decide to defer your studies one year. You felt guilty keeping the pregnancy from Namjoon but you just wanted more time with you child alone.

You knew it was selfish keeping him away from his father and the other loving uncles. But you were afraid that one day you will be separated from your son, you want to spend as much time with him as you could.

When you graduate, you are going to return to Seoul. You knew it will happen, And you still have a signed contract with Illumine you need to fulfill. So you will have to return to Seoul eventually.

You have never been back to Seoul for the past five years since you came to New York that day when the fireworks erupted in the sky. You were not afraid of Seoul, but you were afraid of facing the consequence you left behind five years ago. You know you cannot keep the secret a secret any further.

You have not told Jaekay who his father was. Occasionally he asks but he never pushed you to say and you told him nothing. Jin once told you that Jaekay asked if Jin was his father. Should you not have kept it a secret from JaeKay? He actually does have the right to know. Actually, THEY have the right to know.