The Welcoming

You have a few more days before you return to work in Illumine. You enrolled Jaekay into a school in Seoul. You were amazed Jungkook left you the car you used to drive. The black audi. 

Although you are not a big fan of cars, you were able to tell that the mechanics are in maintenance. You wondered who was keeping the house cleaned and the car under maintained. It was as though everything was prepared for your return. It's creepy.

After preparing all the school things for Jaekay, you brought him to the cemetery to visit your parents. You also brought some flowers and water to clean the grave. You have not been there for years already, you expected some work to be done. But to your surprise your parent's grave was neat and tidy. The marbles are clean and the weeds are trimmed.

As you were thinking, Jaekay pulled the corner of your dress. "Mommy? Are you sad?" He asked.

"No. Babe." You knelt next to Jaekay to meet his eye level. You pointed at your parent's picture on the grave and say. "Meet your grandparents."

Jaekay bowed 90 degrees in front of the grave and said his greetings formally. It was his first time meeting his grandparents. Although he knew they might not know, he wanted to formally greet them, for giving him the best mother in the world. He quietly whispered "I am Song Jaekay, your grandson. Thank you grandpa and grandma for bringing Song Y/N to this world. I love her and I will triple my love to replace your absence."

You noticed him saying something but you couldn't hear the words. You felt blessed having such an considerate child like him. And you hope your parents are proud of him too. You waited for Jaekay to talk to his grandparents quietly before leaving.

After the short trip to the cemetery, you brought Jaekay to Jin's hospital to meet his uncle Jin. It had been a while since he met Jin so he has been whining to see uncle Jin since he arrived in Seoul.

You held his hand and entered the hospital. Some of the staff already recognised you and were looking at you strangely. It was probably because you have not visited for some time. You haven't told Jin you will be stopping by to give him a surprise. The last time he saw you, you had long wavy curls. Before returning to Seoul, you cut your hair into a bob. He is probably going to be shocked with your new hairstyle. You have never cut your hair above shoulder level.

You pressed the lift to the top floor where the VIP rooms and Jin's office are located. Memories... Seven years ago when everything started, five years ago when you chose to leave everything behind. All is left was memories.

You knocked on Jin's door, hoping that he is in his room.

"Come in." A familiar voice sounded from behind the door. You slide the door open in a crack, just enough for Jaekay to slip into the room.

"UNCLE JIN!!!!" Jaekay shouted as he ran into the room. Jin was wearing glasses and looking into some medical reports.

He is spending more time doing research and writing papers now, instead of looking into patients. After your mother's passing, he began to think working for the development of medical technology for the future could save more lives than sitting in an operation room. 

He looked up surprisingly to see Jaekay running towards his direction.

"Jaekay?" He stood up from his seat and welcomed Jaekey with a sweep of hands to pick Jaekay from the ground. "What brings you here baebae!"

Jin calls Jaekay baebae because he's his baby's baby. Jaekay doesn't know that but he likes it when Jin calls him baebae. He chuckles happily everything he hears the name.

"I miss uncle Jin!" He wrapped his small hands around Jin's neck and kissed his cheek which made Jin laugh.

"Y/N baby." Jin said stretching out his other arm welcoming you into his embrace. "I like your new hair by the way."

"Oppa." You hugged him. It has been some time since you last saw Jin and he is probably the only family you have left. The brother you never thought you will have.

"Staying permanently?" Jin asked.

"I think so..." You answered.

"Good. Then I have more time with baebae." Jin lifted Jaekay in the air nearly tossing him away from his hands. Jaekey is smiling happily but you were worried Jin might drop him on the ground.

"OPPA!!!" You yelled at Jin who just shrugged his broad shoulders and you grabbed Jaekay out of his arms. Jaekay who doesn't know what dangerous is was chuckling so hard. He finds it funny. You sighed looking at your son who smiles like a total duplicate of his father, especially when he smiles. Jin looked at you while your smile fades away.

"Actually, don't you think you are a little cruel to him?" Jin asked. He saw your eyes when you looked at the little Jungkook clone. You paused to think, but you do not know the answer to the question.

"Doesn't he deserve another chance?" Jin asked. You were not sure if you should listen to Jin on this. While you were in New York the past years, you never really thought about your relationship Jungkook. You tried to put the past behind you. But when you look at Jaekay, as he grows up looking more and more alike to his father, the memories flow back. Maybe you should give him another chance, or rather, give Jaekay another chance.

Jin messed up your hair with some vigorous patting to distract your thoughts. "Don't think about it so much. Just let fate guide you. But I am pretty sure your fate ends with him though."

You nodded with a smile, but your smile soon fades away when you look and Jaekey who was hugging onto Jin tightly. Although you are trying very hard to replace as a father to Jaekay, you are not. And he probably does want and need one.

"Oppa, can you take care of him for the rest of the day? I should go see Namjoon boss too." You told Jin.

"Sure, he can stay in my office. I'll ask some of the staff to take care of him if necessary." Jin said with the baby koala still clinging on his shoulders.

"You want to stay with Uncle Jin?" Jin asked Jaekay who was looking cutely at him and nodded happily.

"You need to be good and listen to uncle Jin. Okay?" You looked at Jaekay's eye level and said. He is an obedient child, Jin should have no problems taking care of him.

"Okay! I like to be with uncle Jin." He said and you rubbed through his head like Jin did to you. "Good boy. I'll be back in a bit."

A/N::
I know it's boring...Lol