The Return

You arrived in Incheon International Airport for the first time in five years. The last time you were here, you were leaving for New York. Now you are returning for a new beginning.

"Mommy, where are we staying?" Jaekay asked.

"Let's see if the apartment mommy used to stay is still here." You told Jaekay and he nodded excitedly.

"Y/N!!!!" Chungha ran over to hug you. She promised she will pick you up when you return from New York. After being with Daniel, she actually spent more time in Seoul. She rejected most of the overseas work except for New York, so she could visit you. Now, probably she is going to station in Korea, which was good news for you to have your best friend around.

"Chungha. Where's Daniel?" You asked as she was here alone.

"He has a photoshoot today. He'll join us for dinner afterwards." Chungha said.

"Auntie Chungha." Jaekay greeted her and she messed up Jaekay's hair to tease him. He knew Chungha was playing with him but he pouted. Chungha likes to see him pout so she teases him a lot.

"Cute baby." Chungha picked him up and carried him in her arms.

"Don't, he can walk." You said.

"It's fine, he's getting heavier by day. I won't be able to carry him around as he grows up. Let me, if not I may not get a chance later. Right?" Chungha joked and Jaekay leaned on her shoulder and nodded. You really hate him when he pretends to be cute because he can get away with almost anything.

"So you want to stay in my place until you find somewhere?" Chungha asked.

"Actually I want to try my luck at Greenwood Garden. Do you think Jungkook have left it untouched?" You asked. Chungha shrugged her shoulders. "You should know him better than I do."

"I don't think I ever know him. But he said it's a gift. Let's see if he's a man of his words." You giggled before you put your luggage in the car.

Secretly, Jaekay who was pretending to be asleep sensed the man with the name 'Jungkook' might be his father, Jaekay, JK, Jungkook. Jungkook, that's why you named him Jaekay. His knew his father is in Seoul. (A/N: I guess wisdom passes through DNA, LOL)

You arrived with Chungha and Jaekay at the door of the penthouse. The door is a passcode door. You went to the door to try your luck. The password was '0921' which was the day you met Jungkook on the rainy night. You took one deep breath before inputting the password on to the passcode lock.

Carefully, you pressed the numbers one by one. Magically the door opened. You asked yourself why?

The multiple reasons fly across your mind. One, he forgot to change. Two, you are too insignificant for him to bother. Three, he has too many apartments to bother with this one. 

All of the above. You thought.

Jaekay pushed opened the door with his little hands happily and hopped inside. "Mom!!! This is such a big house!!!"

"Of course, it's a penthouse." You said to him. Chungha looked at your face but she was unable to deduce what is going on in your head.

"What are you thinking?" She asked.

"Nothing." You replied as you walked into the apartment you used to live. The house was just the same as the day you left. Has Jungkook been asking people to do the cleaning? The whole place is spit and span. Why? 

"Y/N?" Chungha sensed something was going on in your head.

"Why?" You let your thoughts through your words.

"Do you think you should talk to him?" Chungha asked.

Actually, you don't know if you should. Even if you want to, you can't, because you have already cancelled your number and your phone. So, the point is, you don't have his number now.

"No. He's probably just too rich to bother with one penthouse apartment." You told your best friend. He doesn't care. You told yourself secretly. You do not want to give yourself false hope thinking that he was waiting for you to return. Because you are not giving yourself the chance to be disappointed.

"Mommy!!!! This house is so big!!" Jaekay said as he ran up the stairs to the 2nd floor of the apartment.

"Go explore and choose any room you like, but the master's mine." You shouted to Jaekay who was running around in circles in the big house.

"Okay!!!" He was so excited he forgot the tiredness from his flight to Seoul.

"Try not to get lost, babe." You told him, but he probably didn't hear you already as he was in his little adventure around the house.

Chungha helped you unpack some of your luggage. Somehow, Jungkook has left everything in its original place, you have no problems finding anything. 

You went to the master bedroom and looked at the safe and thought if he would have kept the same password for the safe as well. You pressed the numbers '0922', which was the day you signed the papers with him. Magically, the safe opened too. You looked inside, and there... the flat black velvet box which was holding the lavender teardrop necklace. You broke into tears seeing the necklace because you have no idea why it was still here safe and sound.

Chungha came to check up on you seeing you looking at the necklace with tears. "Y/N. Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine." You told her and wiped away your tears. You have no idea why the house seemed to be prepared for your return but you decided to

Just then, the doorbell rang and Chungha went to open the door.

"I think I got most of the stuff that you need." Daniel said to Chungha and she looked around the house and said. "Maybe you can just put them in the kitchen first."

"I've ordered pizza for dinner tonight." You told them. Daniel, the big kid's eyes blinked with excitement.

"Good!!! I can eat pizza with baby Jaekay." He said happily and running across the room to find Jaekay on the sofa and sat next to him. Jaekay happily climbed onto Daniel like a koala on Daniel's broad shoulders.

****

On another side of the Han river, Jungkook just left the office with Jihoon.

"Jungkook hyung. The usual route back home?" Jihoon asked.

"Yes." Jungkook said.

For the past year, Jungkook has been asking Jihoon to drive around the Han river before returning to his mansion on the mid levels. At first Jihoon obediently obeyed, after a while, he was curious so he asked Jimin, who told him why.

"Just drive around. When you pass Greenwood Garden slow down. And then take him home." That's all Jimin said. And somehow, it became a habit for Jungkook to take the long way home.

Jihoon drove the car across Greenwood Garden slowly. He looked up at the penthouse which used to be dark, every time he passed by. Today, the lights are switched on.

He knew, immediately what it meant, you were back.

"Stop the car." Jungkook said to Jihoon. 

Jihoon was shocked at first because he was not expecting to stop there and he hasn't stopped there before.

"Okay." Jihoon said when reclaimed his senses from the shock and pulled over the car for Jungkook.

Jungkook stepped out of the car and closed the door. He leaned on the closed door of his car and looked up to the penthouse which has lights lid. Jihoon stood on the other side of the car waiting for Jungkook and secretly texted Jimin.

Jungkook's phone buzzed with a message.

Jimin: Looks like you got Jihoon-ie worried.

Jungkook smiled at the text and turned around to look at Jihoon who was standing with big eyes looking at him.

"Don't worry. I'm good." Jungkook told him with a smile on his face Jihoon has not seen for some time. 

"She's back."