The Confession

"I love you."

You just heard the three words which you least expect to hear from Jungkook. You stood there looking at his back but he never turned around to look at you. It was the first time. The first time you saw him cry. And he cried because of you.

"Jungkook." You reached for his wrist to turn him around to face you. He was stronger than you so if he wanted to resist, he could have. But he turned around with his glassy eyes looking back and down at you who looked at him with round innocent eyes in return. "Say that again."

Jungkook swallowed his saliva and slipped his arm around you waist pulling you closer. His other hand cupped your cheeks. He leaned down closer to you meeting your eyes with a glamouring smile. "Song Y/N. I love you."

You have never ever thought that you would hear those words from Jungkook. You always thought he wanted you by his side for impure reasons. So you resisted all the temptations to allow yourself to fall for this man. And the same man just said he love you, twice. You were out of words to express the overwhelming feelings exploding inside. As a result you just started to feel tears falling down your face and onto his hand.

"I loved you since before we met. I watched you from afar since you were in collage. I know you go to the rooftop garden when you are sad. I know you worked in a coffee shop after class. I even went to your graduation secretly. You are strong. You are attractive. And you are everything I ever wanted. That's why I appeared before you that rainy night. I want you, and I want to be a part of your life. Song Y/N, I proposed to you because I love you." Jungkook confessed finally.

"So did you ask Namjoon to give me the job at Illumine?" You knew you asked this question before but you wanted to ask again to be sure. Of course you knew Namjoon would never hire someone he does not approve of even if the youngest Bangtan begged.

"I just gave him the name. Every decision, every opportunity Namjoon gave you. It was because of your talents and your work. You should know by now, no one could affect Namjoon's decisions." He looked at you with a proud smile and shoved your head onto his chest so you could not see him blush. Being so close to his chest you could hear his fast beating heart you never heard before. You smiled a wide smile secretly in his chest and returned with a tight hug around his waist and you stayed in the position for as long as you remembered until Jungkook pulled away from the tight embrace and turned away from you again with an exhale of a sigh. "I have kept it to myself for so long, I was afraid you will not be accepting. I don't expect you to return my affection. It's fine if you don't feel the same..."

"Jeon Jungkook!!" You sneered at him. He said you know nothing, but he knows nothing too. He does not know that he has won your heart over a long time ago. You wanted him like he wanted you. He loved you since you were in collage. That was nearly ten years ago. You were married to him seven years ago and he never told you his feelings until now. If only he was more honest with his feelings in the first place. You would not have spent years chasing and running from each other like playing a game of hide and seek. You even allowed Jaekay to live without a father for four years. Namjoon said Jungkook was not good at expressing. From what you see, he is far from not good. He sucked.

"Look at me!!" This time you demanded him. He turned around but kept his distance with you. You took a step forward wanting to move closer to him but he stepped backwards. The few meters between yourself and Jungkook felt like the furthest distance in the world. "Jeon Jungkook. Believe me when I say, you know nothing too..."

"Y/N." Jungkook glassy reflection in his eyes returned. His heartbroken face actually hurts your heart more. For the first time, Jungkook showed his weak side to you. He was always the tough one, the dependable one, the capable one, the supportive one, the almighty one. For the first time in seven years, he was not confident. He was not confident that you would love him back.

But he was wrong. Dead wrong.

"I love you too. Silly!" You ran towards him into a hug. If not for his constant workouts and tough build, he might have fell backwards. He was shock at first at your sudden confession but then he wrapped his arms around you to hold you tighter.

"Y/N. You have no idea how long I waited for this moment." Jungkook rested his head on the crook of your neck and sobbed into your shoulders while tightening his embrace on you.

Just then, the beeping sound from the door could be heard and Jungkook looked at you with wide eyes. Jihoon and Jaekay are coming back and they are coming into the house in matter of seconds. You pushed Jungkook away from you and he immediately jumped onto the sofa and grabbed the remote control to switch on the television. You rushed towards the kitchen to pour yourself a glass of water.

Actually you have no idea why you were doing what you did. Why you were hiding the fact that you both confessed to each other to Jihoon and Jaekay. It was everything that Jihoon and Jaekay wanted. You and him, together for real. You were just not prepared to face them yet.

"Mommy!" Jaekay ran over and jumped onto you wrapping himself around you like a koala. It never amaze you how fast the kid grows. A part of you wanted him to grow up but another wanted him to stay a baby clinging by your side forever. "Did you have fun today with Jihoon?"

Jaekay nodded vigorously. "We had so much fun in Lotte World today!!!"

And he went on babbling about the games he played and the amount of fun he had. You were listening attentively to but later you went into a daze. Jungkook came over and took him from your arms. "You must be tired today, let's go bath and sleep."

You watched Jungkook carrying Jaekay up the stairs and prepare him for bed. Jihoon greeted you before leaving. You were so tired after a whole day's activity you pulled your heavy body towards the bedroom and flopped directly onto the bed.

You were disturbed from your dreams by a finger tapping on your forehead. "Wake up, Princess."

The comforting voice lingered in your dreams for a little while before you realized the dream was a dream. You slowly opened your eyes and saw a Charming Jungkook lying beside you resting his head on his fist and looking down on your sleeping face. "If you're going to sleep with your contact lenses in your eyes, you'll be blind tomorrow."

You blinked your eyes which were already stinging dryly. "Thank you."

Jungkook pulled you up from your lying position so now you are sitting on the side of the bed with your eyes closed and about to fall asleep again. You heard a chuckle and then a warm hand landed on your cheek. "Don't tell me you need help with bathing. You are not a kid."

"I don't." You whined, but you are not going to deny the fact that you are too tired to move at all. After another chuckle, you lost balance of yourself and the next moment you find yourself hung onto Jungkook's shoulder like a sack of rice. "Let's go."

"Put me down!!" Now you are fully awake you shouted at him and fidgeted to get out of Jungkook's arms. "I wouldn't shout if I were you, there's a kid just asleep just a wall apart."

A/N:

This is not the end....... This is not the end..... 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm going to repeat until you are brainwashed.... 🤭🤭🤭

🧡🧡💛💙💚💜💙💛💙🧡💙