The Reunion

Headache.

Getting dressed for Jungkook's grandmother's birthday party is a headache.

Something subtle and not too revealing. You told yourself as you ran through the cloakroom to find a dress to suit the occasion. The closet that Jungkook got for you is really something that gives you a headache everyday. The amount of clothes and accessories in the room is like a whole fashion week gallery. Finally, you decide to chose a blue chiffon knee-level tube dress drapes and flowers across the waistline.

"Pretty." Jungkook stood behind admiring your curves. He placed a hand on your hips and slide up your waist. You watched his arms contour on your body curves in the mirror. His other arm wrapped around your shoulders. You held his wrist with both hands and leaned your head onto his pale muscular forearm blowing a kiss on his fingers.

"You are getting better at this game. If you continue, we might not make it in time for the party." Jungkook said as he exhaled into your neck and whispered in your ears.

"I like playing this game with you, charming." You looked at him with lust and a sly smile.

"Hmmm. I think we should go before I take you to the wrong place." Jungkook blew a kiss onto your earlobes sending a shiver down your spine.

Jungkook held your hand as you walked to the garage museum of collection where he finds him in dilemma choosing between a blue Lamborghini and a red Ferrari.

You cannot understand. Men and their obsession with cars. Your father was the same. Buying more cars than he ever needed. But when Jungkook explained cars are like women's clothes. You sort of have a better understanding, but still you don't really understand.

Finally he chose the blue Lamborghini which matched your dress. Really, just go with any one. All of them looks the same to you. All of them are luxurious cars.

He drove to "blue blood" where the private party was held.

Your identity as his wife was not known to the public. He said it would be better to keep it restricted to family and close circle. In the past two years, there was never a picture of you in the press. He suppressed all the reports on your relationship. The general public only knew he was married, and nothing else.

"Y/N. You have arrived." Grandma Jeon waved at you. She was sitting down on an armchair in the end of the hall.

"Granny." You bowed down to kiss her on both her cheeks. "I missed you so much. Happy birthday."

"Y/N ah. Anytime if Jungkook did anything to cross you. You have to tell granny. Okay?" She said to you while holding on to your hand tightly. "You are the only grand-daughter-in-law I acknowledge."

"I will." You kissed her on the cheek again. Chuckling and looking innocently at Jungkook.

"Looks like I have backup. Kookie." You smirked at him. And that was when a familiar low husky voice echoed behind your back.

"Grandma!" he said excitedly. The excitement was familiar to you, a voice that you definitely heard before.

"Oh, look who's back." She looked over your shoulders to greet the person behind you. "Taehyung."

Your world switched to slow motion as you turned around to adjust your vision towards the owner of the voice and your eyes made contact. There, standing right in front of you, was Taehyung, in the flesh and blood. You have imagined a thousand times the moment you meet again but this was not the way you expected your reunion to be.

His glance then shifted his eyes to land on Jungkook's hand which was held tightly around your waist. It took him a second to figure out your relationship with Jungkook. You saw his rage emerge from within like bomb about to explode. You have never seen him that furious before. 

Jungkook stepped forward to stand between you and Taehyung, placed a hand on Taehyung's shoulder and whispered in his ear. "You do not want to make a scene. It's granny's birthday."

Jungkook seemed to have pour ice over his fire. Taehyung closed his eyes to take a short deep breath and returned to his normal self with a smile and returning his attention to Jungkook's grandmother.

"Granny, happy birthday. This is for you." He took a small box wrapped with pink wrapping paper and decorated with a lavender purple bow.

"Thank you, Taehyung. Where have you been? Your parents said they weren't able to find you."

"I just wanted to focus on work and practicing. I am a barrister at law now." Taehyung said.

"I am so proud of you. Taehyung." Granny said.

"Have you met Y/N? She is Jungkook's wife." Granny introduced you. "They were married after you left, I suppose you have not met her yet.."

"Y/N, this is Taehyung. He's Kim's son, Jungkook's cousin." Granny said holding on to your hand.

"Hello, Taehyung." You faked a smile and tried to look normal hiding all unwanted gestures and reaction as hard as you could. But you knew you would have looked like you have been under Harry Potter's Glacius Freezing spell and trying to break through that with a smile. And you couldn't say anything more because your voice was about to shiver. Taehyung stared at you while you try to look at anywhere but his eyes.

"Granny, I will leave you with Taehyung." Jungkook broke the awkward atmosphere. "I think Y/N needs a drink." He held your hand and helped you escape the scene.

"Wait." Taehyung wanted to follow you but Granny got hold of his arm before he could. She continued to ask him all the questions she wanted to ask in the past years when he was gone.

Thanks to Jungkook, you got away and you exhaled a breath of relief.

Jungkook's arm was wrapped around your shoulder throughout the escape and his sight has not left you for a moment. You could also feel Taehyung's sight on your back the whole time too. All you did was to tell yourself to keep calm and continue to act normal. You can do it. You are best actress already, after two years of training.

You peeled away Jungkook's arm told him "I want to go to the bathroom for a moment." Without even looking into his eyes, you sprung out of the hall.

"Y/N. Wait." Jungkook wanted to accompany you when another guest accidentally poured wine on him. He clicked his tongue when he saw Taehyung seized the opportunity and tailed you outside.

You leaned yourself on the walls of the corridor to reminisce what happened and suddenly you felt a hard grip on your wrist pulling you away from your leaning position and your face landed in a broad chest. His other arm swung over my back to capture your body. It feel like an animal being hunted down.

"Y/N." Taehyung hand held your body tightly refusing to let you break free.

"Tae, there are people watching. And you are hurting me." You could feel your fingers shaking and frozen cold at his touch as you attempted to push him away. Time seemed to have stopped and both of you were lost of words.

"Y/N. I came back for you." Taehyung finally broke stillness in the room.

"It's too late." You looked away, refusing to look him in the eye. "I am your cousin-in-law now."

"NO. It is not. I know his grandfather's will. And I know Jungkook. He will divorce you." Taehyung said confidently.

"Then what? You marry your ex-cousin-in-law? Don't you see? It doesn't make a difference. Tae. Your parents will not approve of us." You swing my arm in a circular motion to break his grip. "We're over, Tae."

Taehyung legs were glued to the ground in consternation and his body lost strength. Deep down in his heart, he knew you were right. You took the opportunity of his hesitation and pushed him away. Fleeing the scene and leaving him alone to contemplate everything that happened tonight.

Jungkook appeared from behind and said coldly. "Taehyung. Give up."

A/N::
The reunion that you all have been waiting for~~~~