The J and the K

Jungkook was on his usual way home, the long way. When he saw lights in the penthouse apartment. Jihoon has now learnt that he needed to stop outside for a moment and wait for Jungkook to stare at the apartment for some period of time before taking his boss home.

Sometimes his worried elder brother Jimin will text him asking him how Jungkook was hanging on. Although Jihoon has replaced Jimin as Jungkook's assistant for a year. He does not really understand Jungkook at all. He does not know how to answer Jimin's questions because he has no idea what's going on in his boss's head.

Sometimes his boss is the tough CEO working day and night not giving people second chances. Sometimes he looks so vulnerable like he was broken into pieces. He looks at Jungkook's back now and he is confused, he has no idea what his boss is feeling right now.

It has been several days since the lights of the apartment lighted up again. This time, he gathered his courage and entered the building and towards the door of the penthouse. There was only one penthouse in the building. Jungkook's actions never fail to surprise Jihoon, he hurriedly followed behind Jungkook when he moved and walked into the building.

When they arrived at the top floor, Jungkook stared at the passcode lock. He wondered if you have changed the password. The password used to be the day, the rainy day, he met you. Jihoon watched him quietly but he couldn't stand the hesitating Jungkook in front of him. This person was not the young and capable CEO Jeon Jungkook that he knew.

"Just open the door, boss. You know the password, don't you?" Jihoon said. He was tired of waiting. And he didn't know what Jungkook was so afraid of. It's not like there's a monster inside the house. It's probably just a woman and a kid, what is so scary about that?

Jungkook sighed, he wasn't sure if he should even try. What if you changed the passcode? Jihoon got frustrated with him. He pushed Jungkook away from his position in front of the door and asked. "What's the code?"

"0921." Jungkook said. And Jihoon pressed the code on the number pad. Unfortunately, the door did not open. And Jihoon tried again, still in vain.

"I knew it." Jungkook said disappointedly and he turned around.

"Wait. Maybe she just changed it for security reasons." Jihoon suggested with a smile, hoping that Jungkook will buy it.

"Whatever, let's go." Jungkook said and head for the lift which was still there on the top floor. The door to the lift opened immediately and Jungkook stepped in.

"Jihoonie, Are you coming?" He asked Jihoon who was looking at the lock with a clueless face. He turned to Jungkook who called for him and nodded as he ran towards the lift.

During the drive back to the mid-levels, Jungkook never said a word. He was still disappointed that the passcode was changed. Jihoon was not good with comforting people, especially his boss. So after dropping off Jungkook at the mansion, he called Jimin and told him everything.

Inside the penthouse which Jungkook failed to enter, Jaekay was actually alone inside. The babysitter has left early today. He was waiting for his mother to return from work because she had a pile of tasks at work to deal with on her first day, she could not make it before the babysitter left. She asked Daniel to come babysit Jungkook for awhile before she comes home. But, Daniel was still on his way, so he was alone.

Jaekay has been alone at home before when he was in New York. He assured his mother he was fine. But was afraid to be alone here in a new place actually. So he secretly read the instructions of the passcode lock and changed the code. He was afraid someone was going to kidnap him, or monsters will come in from the door. He sat on the sofa wrapping his legs together while watching movies on the television and waiting for uncle Daniel to come distract him.

It was then, he heard someone trying to break open the door.

"Beep beep beep beep..." and the door did not open. Jaekay was relieved he changed the passcode earlier because someone just tried to enter the house and it was not his mother.

If it was his mother, she would have said something. If it was uncle Daniel, he would have pressed the bell instead. But then after the door did not open successfully, there was nothing.

So he concluded that someone tried to break in and his cleverness prevented that from happening. What he did not know was he just gave up his chance of seeing his father because he locked a disappointed Jungkook outside.

Jaekay continued to watch ironman and then he heard the doorbell rang. Then a voice said, "Jaekay, open the door for uncle Daniel."

Jaekay jumped onto the ground from the sofa and ran towards the door. He twisted the doorknob and peeked outside. Daniel picked him up and carried him inside the house.

"Uncle Daniel...." Jaekay dug his head into Daniel's broad shoulders. "There was an intruder just now. He tried to break open the door."

"Really?" Daniel said. But the building has high security. Nobody should have been able to reach the top floor without the password at the main gate and the password for the lift. The high level of security was the reason you allowed Jaekay to stay alone at home. Besides the inner circle, who could have reached the door of the penthouse?

Just then, the passcode lock beeped again. And the door did not open. The person tried again, and the door still was shut closed.

Daniel peeked into the door viewer and saw you having difficulties opening the door. He wondered why you did not know the passcode to your home and opened the door for you while still carrying Jaekay with the other arm. "Beautiful. Why don't you know the passcode for your home?"

"I don't know. It just didn't open." You told Daniel.

"Oh. Sorry Mommy. I changed the passcode to my birthday. You haven't been here for so long, I thought it would be safer if I changed the code." Jaekay confessed.

And then it came to Daniel who tried to break in. "Who else knew the previous passcode?"

"Well... I guess it's just me and Voldermolt." You told Daniel, as in you-know-who, Jeon Jungkook. The one and only. Daniel chuckled at the moment, Jaekay just shut his father outside and declined his own chance of meeting his father.

This. Is. Hilarious. And then he bursted out laughing uncontrollably.

You didn't understand why Daniel was laughing like that. You looked at Jaekay and then back at Daniel but you didn't ask because Jaekay was around. Because Daniel hesitated when you asked.

Whatever that was on Daniel's mind, it's really wouldn't be good. After you had dinner with the two kids in your house, you put Jaekae to bed and interrogated Daniel.

"What is it you were laughing just now?" You asked Daniel.

"Actually...." Daniel started to explain what you and Jaekay told him. And his conclusions after putting the pieces together.

You cannot help to laugh along with Daniel as well. It was lucky he didn't break into the house, because he would have found out that the one and only Jeon Jungkook is the jerk who got you pregnant. In fact, you are still looking forward to the day he finds out, and the blizzard reaction on his face when he does.

A/N::

I know you've been waiting.... So I decided to update this earlier. Since I am on leave lying at home with no plans today. ✌🏻✌🏻

Woops... Sorry, they are not meeting yet 😬😬😬😬
They will soon... and I hope it won't be disappointing...

This is another chapter I really enjoyed to write.. because I really love the kid Jaekay. ❤️💜😂