The Proposal

You and Namjoon arrived at Blue Blood. But you cannot help but notice that the atmosphere was weird. There was nobody at the concierge and the staff and customers are ridiculously absent.

"What is Jungkook plotting?" You asked Namjoon but he just responded with a smile. You walked up the stairs which was decorated with balloons and ribbons. The floor was covered with pink and white rose petals. You had to be careful not to trip and fall on the petals. "Namjoon?"

"You'll have to find our yourself." Namjoon said to you and they way he smiled like he was at the top of the world was.... strange. You have no idea what to expect. You arrived at the door to the Bangtan VIP room and the knobs of the two sides of the door was tied up with a champagne color ribbon. Namjoon handed you a pair of scissors to cut open the ribbon.

"Why are you acting like that?" You frowned confusedly at Namjoon who was just wearing a wide smile. He helped you open one side of the door and you slowly peeked into the room. It was dark.

All of a sudden, the lights are switched on and you hear sounds of popping and bits of colored papers fall from the sky and down your face. For several seconds you were not able to open your eyes due to the sudden switch of lighting. When you slowly blink your eyes open again, you saw the boys dressed in colorful dwarfs costume, wearing big shoes and cute playful hats. You glanced towards another side and saw Jimin passing a hat and jacket to Namjoon as he joins the other members in cosplay.

You stood at the entrance of the room and beneath your heels, there was a long red carpet. Your vision glides from your feet towards the other end of the carpet and there, your prince charming in white suite standing with a bouquet of red roses in his hands. You looked up on the wall behind him decorated with balloons saying 'WILL YOU MARRY ME'.

Your tears began to fall from your eyes uncontrollably. The scene when the same man knelt before you proposing to you seven years ago replayed in your head. You were not expecting him to be proposing again to you.

You looked at Namjoon who was now in dwarf costume as well with the same wide smile on his face. He looked at you nodding with agreement. You realized the task that Jungkook assigned him with, that is to bring you here with you realizing what he was planning. Then, a little kid sneaked from behind the adults and slipped his small hand into yours. You looked down to see him in a black tuxedo.

"You're in this too?" He nodded and he dragged you across the red carpet towards your prince. You stood in front of Jungkook with roses in his hands. The boys stood behind you in a row watching. Jihoon who saw his brother starting to tear up handed him a handkerchief. Jimin slapped it away and said he was not crying at all. Yoongi wrapped an arm around his shoulders and looking at Jungkook satisfyingly.

"Seven years ago, I made a wrong move. I proposed inappropriately to a woman that I love. It took me two years to realize the mistake that I made." You heard his shaking voice when he said the words and his nervousness consumed him as he continued.

"And to make things right, I made another mistake." His heart sank as he continued with his speech. Five years ago, when you lost your mother, you left. You wanted to put everything behind you, you wanted time out from everything that has happened. "This place is a remake of the decorations five years ago."

"Y/N, the reason I gave you the papers that morning was because, I wanted to propose to you that night." You looked at him in awe. That morning when you signed the papers, you just signed. And you never thought of turning back.

"When I found out that you were leaving, I rushed to the airport. I watched you cross the customs. I could have stopped you but I didn't." Jungkook reached his hand towards your cheeks which were covered with tears already and at the same time holding back his own tears because he had to continue. "I saw the smile on your face. A smile that you never had through the two years married to me. You were happy that you were leaving, you were happy to be free. And that was when I made the third mistake. I turned around and I let you go."

You covered your face sobbing into your hands. You never gave him an opportunity to explain because you never thought he had feelings for you. And you were too overly self-protective all you could think of was taking his son as far away from him as possible. You were selfish.

"The fireworks..." You remembered when you were in the restricted area waiting for your flight to New York. The heart shaped fireworks that blossomed in the sky on an inappropriate time before the sunset in the evening. "They were for you."

Jungkook snapped his fingers and within three seconds count, you hear bursting sounds outside. You looked at the windows glass wall and the whole of Han river began to be lighted up with colorful fireworks shooting towards the sky. The scale of the fireworks were even bigger than the one five years ago when you watched in the airport.

Jungkook held your hand and walked towards the window, giving you a better view of the fireworks which he finally could show you. He also gave you the big bouquet of roses which he was holding. The bouquet was so big and heavy you nearly had difficulty holding it. Jimin immediately dashed across and helped you with it. When he took the flowers away from you you turned back to look at Jungkook who was taking a red velvet box from his pocket. "I kept this with me for five years and finally, I can give it to the woman I love."

He knelt down before you with one knee and opened the box showing a big pink heart shaped diamond ring with small gems outlining the big gem. "Song Y/N. I know I have made many mistakes. My biggest mistake is planning to divorce before proposing again. As a result, I nearly lost you. So I am not making the mistake again, I am not taking the risk."

You chuckled at the words. Since you walked into the room you are just mostly crying because of the surprise this man gave you. "I promise I will love you with my heart. This ring is a representation of my heart and my love for you."

"Will you marry me?"

The same words that he said the first time you met him and the same words that he is saying at this moment in front of you.

It is perfect.

A/N:
Unedited
.... 

Sorry for the wait... have been really busy recently with a switch of jobs... 😢😢