The Calmness

Jungkook spent the next couple of weeks in your house and trying to get the little kid on his side. He bought four birthday presents to compensate for the four birthdays he did not spend with him. The kid is starting to get comfortable with the big baby around. You are worried that one day it would become a two against one situation facing them alone. 

He never brought up the question from your last date again. He just continued to stay in the house and kept his distance. The way he acted makes it feel like his presence was an illusion, as if he would disappear into bubbles any moment. You looked at this man walking around in your house like a ghost. Unrealistic.

Jaekay has also became more comfortable getting along with Jihoon very well. When you watch the three of them together, it looks like three kids playing. Especially when the three of them are playing video games, staring so focused at the television with brows tied in knots. 

You have now finally learnt that Jimin is now the acting CEO of Kim Corporation and that he is very busy dealing with business so he has not show himself. But you heard from Jihoon that he really wants to come over and meet Jaekay, the mini Jungkook clone. 

You still do not feel confident leaving your kid with the baby because the baby really did not seem like capable of taking care of a kid. Actually Jin calls him a baby for a reason. Jaekay looked at your worried expression as you were preparing for work and said. "Don't worry, I will take care of him."

You chuckled. Great! The kid is taking care of the baby. "Just don't burn down the house or injure yourself."

You just have to be less worrisome about the two and not overthink. Jungkook only needs to take him to school. If he could run a national corporation, he can take care of a kid. You keep brainwashing yourself to think like that but it was not very convincing watching him with Jaekay sometimes.

Nevertheless, you left them alone to deal with each other. You actually really liked to take a time off. And they deserve to spend time together compensating for the time they they spent apart.

You went to work and immediately dug yourself into preparing for the competition that is coming soon. You were all focused on drawing sketches on your computer you did not hear Namjoon entering the room.

"Y/N." He said with a wide dimpled smile. And it shocked you with a jump off your chair. He laughed at your reaction but it did not stop him from confronting you. "You never told me you were pregnant with a kid before." 

Guilty. 

Speechless.

You tried to get away by acting cute with a Jungkook bunny smile and blinking your eyes. "Sorry."

"I just heard from the big mouth Jimin." He said with a small roll of eyes and sat on the chair across your table. "Seriously, why have you not told me."

"I'm sorry." You said. You never really wanted to tell anyone. Jin found out because of your pregnancy report. And you never told any one else except for Chungha and Daniel. "I never really told anyone."

"What's his name?" Namjoon asked. He was not as furious as he was when he first walked into the room. 

"Jaekay." You said and of course. Everyone who knew Jungkook would have knew.

"Jungkook's?" Namjoon said and you just nodded. It is obvious.

"Are you giving him another chance?" Namjoon asked. It is the same question that Jin asked, that everyone asked. And it is the one question that you do not know the answer to.

"I don't know." You said. And you turned your chair to look out of the window. "I don't want him back if he feels responsible for us. It should not be like that."

"Tell me what your heart feels." Namjoon asked. 

"I don't want to think about it."  You know what your heart feels. You always do. But between you and Jungkook. It is not only about the heart. You are not in high school. You cannot just date whoever you like. There are consequences you cannot afford to bear now.

"You know how you feel for him. You just don't want to admit." Namjoon said. He is the wise one, of course he could see through you. You thought you have been careful. You thought you hid your feelings well. "Why can't you give him another chance to prove himself? To make it right." 

"Namjoon... I am too broken to break again." You said. After everything that you have been through, all you wanted to do is to shut yourself off the world and take good care of your child. But why the cruel world does not give you the chance? Why must the world keep forcing you back to Jungkook like a magnet. 

You knew, both Namjoon and Jin wanted you to be happy, but they just cannot stop binding your happiness with Jeon Jungkook. And they just could not leave you alone. "I know what you and Jin want. But I don't know if I can fulfill your expectations."

"I know one thing about Jungkook." Namjoon started and you turned your chair back to face him. He stood before you without any smile, just a serious face. You understood, whatever that he was trying to say, he is serious. "He is just not good at expressing. If you don't have confidence in Jungkook, put your confidence in me. Or in Jin. Whoever you feel confident trusting." 

"Namjoon. I really don't know why you and Jin keep binding my happiness to Jungkook. These five years being away. I was happy. I am doing what I like to do, what I want to do. I can take care of a kid myself, I don't need him back in my life." You said, which was true. You were happy to be finally free from all the family and financial burden and can live your life alone.

"You know you are just running away from reality. And you just don't want to face your own feelings." Namjoon said. You have nothing to say in response to his confrontation. You knew what he said was true. You do not want to face your own feelings and you want to escape from reality because you do not know what to expect. And you do not like being out of control of anything that can happen when it comes to Jungkook. He makes everything difficult and uncontrollable, you hate that. "I am not sure about Jin, I speak only for myself. I do believe he is your happily ever after. All you need to do is believe that fairy tales do exist. And our golden baby, is your Prince Charming."

You sat in your seat listening to the wise leader smiling wide with his signature dimples. The way that Jin, the eldest supported you was blind. He will support you in whatever decision you make even if they were wrong. The leader, on the other hand, gives you advise and straight to the point, even if the truth hurts. It was probably because you were afraid of hearing from Namjoon, so you decided to keep it away from him.

"I am going to continue even if you don't like it." Namjoon said. His tone was stern and convincing. "I have watched him the past five years. And I want to ask you of one thing. That is, give him another chance."

"I know he has made mistakes in the past. Everyone does. He might have hurt you before. I know, and you have every right to shut yourself off. But I believe every one deserves another chance. So does Jungkook," Namjoon said and finally, he ended with a convincing conclusion.

"So do you." 

He left you in your room to yourself with his words lingering on your mind. Should you give him another chance? Or should you give yourself another chance? Or maybe, you should give Jaekay another chance.

A/N:::
Almost there.... 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

I know I have not been updating this week... So there will be another update of this story later today to compensate for the time I was away 😆😆😆😍😍💜💜