The Penthouse

"She's lucky she got away this time." Lisa picks up a cocktail on the bar table, shoving another shot down her throat. "Why does she have everything I want?"

"Time out, Lisa. You have drank enough." Hoseok placed his hand on her wrist forcing her to place the drink on the table.

"Jeon Jungkook! After everything I have done for him." Lisa ignored Hoseok's advice and attempted to continue drinking only to be stopped again by Hoseok's strength pinning her wrist to the table.

"Why do you care? Hobi." Lisa shouted at Hoseok with vengeance in her eyes.

"Because you are my friend. Lisa. And I don't want to see you like this." Hoseok sighed while looking devastated at Lisa.

A manly arm pulled Lisa from her seat on the counter. "Let's go."

"Kookie, you came?" Hoseok was surprised Jungkook came for Lisa, because his text message to Jungkook was read but there was no reply.

"Let go of me!" Lisa swung her arm to release herself of Jungkook's grip.

"Or you'd rather I knock you out?" Jungkook's rage shined through the dim lighting of Blue Blood. "You came to drink in Blue Blood, you wanted my attention, you got it. What else do you want?"

"I want us to be like the way we were." Lisa broke into tears. "After everything I sacrifice for you! You trash me away?"

"You left without a word, Lisa. How is that sacrifice?" Jungkook failed to agree with whatever Lisa is trying to say. "You ask yourself, why did you leave. Was it really for me?"

"IT IS!" Lisa squealed in denial, the sudden rush of blood to her brains caused her eyes to see black dots and falling in the arms of Jungkook.

"And so what I left? You could have waited for me, but you didn't. You got married and you put her in OUR HOUSE. The house you built for US when WE GOT MARRIED. WHY?" Lisa shrieked.

"This is about the house? Everything you did. It was for the house? You even went to bribe Jennie to steal her design. Do you know what you are doing?" Jungkook sighed in defeat. "I lived there so I asked her to move it. I will move her out if you will stop your stupid acts."

"Really?" Lisa looked at Jungkook with disbelieve. She never thought he still had a soft side for her. "So you still cared. Still cared for me."

The mansion on mid-levels was the last piece holding their relationship together. If Jungkook still had feelings for her, she was willing to do whatever it takes to win him back. Lisa tiptoed and adjusted her posture attempting to kiss Jungkook. He rejected her advancements by pushing her shoulders away.

"Stop, I am married. Lisa." Jungkook said coldly.

"I will wait." Lisa told Jungkook. She was satisfied with the results of her little act. "Until the day you divorce." Jungkook did not say another word. He need to keep you safe from anything, that's all he could think of.

******

"Y/N. You are moving." Jungkook said firmly one evening coming home. He took off his shoes, loosen his tie and sat on the sofa. "To Greenwood Gardens."

"What? Suddenly?" you were confused at his suggestion.

"I have asked Yoongi to prepare the papers to transfer the penthouse at Greenwood Gardens to your name." Jungkook said refusing eye contact. "It's a present for you. Plus it is closer to your office, more convenient. Jimin will help you move tomorrow."

You paused for a moment, a memory two years ago from the past played in my mind. That was on the day of our marriage when we had the little inner circle party.

"Where do you plan to live after you married?" Hoseok asked Jungkook.

"In the mansion on mid-levels of course. Where else?" Jungkook said  in confusion.

"I thought, that mansion..." Hoseok continued but was snapped by Jin who asked first.

"Isn't that the mansion you planed  to live with Li-"  Jin covered his mouth immediately and pretended to cough realizing he might have said something wrong.

"The mansion is mine, I do whatever I like with it." Jungkook said without hesitation. "She gave up her rights when she left."

"But she designed the house." unable to read the atmosphere, Jimin said where Namjoon and the rest of the Bangtan glared at him like knives. The conversation ended there.

Although they were trying to be vague but the information which left their mouths was enough for me to understand the situation. The mansion, was designed by a woman Jungkook planned to spend his life with together. It meant something for them.

The special someone is Lisa.

You knew he would mention this soon. Now that Lisa was back in the picture. Divorce seems inevitable. The apartment is divorce present, he is going to divorce and return to his lover. You closed your eyes to mourn your short marriage. But you had to act normal and hide the wound in your heart, the game is on. You need to pretend to be materialistic which was the easiest act to put on. You can probably win a best actress award for that genre after training for two years.

"Really! Charming is giving me an apartment?" You threw your arms at him and a peck on his cheekbones. "Is this divorce present?" You looked at his eyes and pouted, pretended to be cute. You wanted to get at least some information from him.

"No, princess. Do I need a reason to give you a present?" He moved his lips on my neck, you could feel his warm breath and he trailed his line of kisses down to your collarbone.

Every time you thought you were starting to understand him, he becomes more mysterious. When you really want to understand him, you always look into his eyes and see if you could see signs of hesitation or unconscious gestures which is different from his words. But either his acting skills are better than yours or he really means what he says, the more you look at him, the more you fail to understand this man.

Seems like his actions to find the culprit behind the design scandal was simply out of protection of his Bangtan brother Namjoon. You reminded yourself not to have any hopes. Hope always leads to disappointment in the case of Jungkook.

At least you are getting an apartment. You are not a total loser.