The History

On the other hand, Jin followed Taehyung who is hastily walking out of the hospital.

"Hey Tae. Wait."Jin said to Taehyung and grabbed his arm before he could walk further. "We need to talk."

"Jin hyung." Taehyung wanted to swing his arm free himself but his when he saw Jin' face, he knew Jin will not let him get away without a talk.

"Ready to talk?" Jin looked at his little brother whom he was anticipating answers from.

Taehyung was reluctant to talk but when he looked at the eldest Bangtan's determined eyes, he loosened up. He sighed and nodded.

They sat down on a bench together in a small garden in the hospital. The garden was for patients only so there were no one there at that hour. Jin wanted to talk over drinks but Taehyung was against the idea so they went to the garden nearby.

"What do you want to know?" Taehyung sighed looking at Jin, he is ready to open up to the big brother, reluctantly.

"Everything." Jin intwined his fingers together and looked at Taehyung with waiting eyes. "Or anything you want to say."

Taehyung definitely did not know where to begin. He looked rolled his eyes up and left thinking where he should start. Jin saw his hesitation and helped him out.

"What about starting with Y/N." Jin suggested.

"Ai... Jin hyung, you hit a nail." Taehyung exhaled a long breath of sigh before he continued. Jin slightly smirked, he new he hit a jackpot. "Y/N. Is the love of my life."

"I see... that's a good start, continue..."

Taehyung shared his memories with Jin, relived the moment he first met you. How you spilled his coffee all over and treated him with another, where you talked for the whole afternoon. And how he fell for you at first sight. How you shared your first kiss under a cherry blossom tree and how much he wanted to spend the rest of his life with you.

Jin listened to Teahyung reminisced his collage life with you and he could see how much Taehyung loved you.

"I don't understand, Tae. If you love her so much why did you leave her?" Jin is confused.

"That is the biggest mistake of my life. I will regret it forever." Taehyung pressed his temples hard with his fingers. "I had a fight with my father. He wants me to take over his business when I graduate."

Taehyung closed his eyes and took a deep breath before he could continue. " I need to stay away from my family to keep her safe and away from the fight. If father knew there was someone whom I cared about so much, he will use her against me." Taehyung stopped for a moment. It was obvious that the possibilities the number of ways you will get hurt in the crossfire haunts him. Taehyung concluded. "I will not forgive myself if she gets hurt in anyway."

Jin knew that Teahyung's father Mr. Kim was not an innocent man. He is a man of his word and the 'business' he runs, is probably dark and illegal which its details Jin did not ever want to have knowledge of. The reason he wanted Taehyung to become a lawyer was because he wanted someone to help him come clean from whatever deal he is doing and he needed it to be someone he trusts, his own flesh and blood.

Taehyung continued. "That's why I left and disconnected with everyone. The further away, the safer it is for Y/N and the Bangtan too. You have no idea what father can be capable of."

"No way!" Jin's shocking eyes shoots wide open. "You don't have to do this yourself, you know. We are all here for you."

Taehyung was touched at the words, however, he also knew even if the Bangtans added up together will not be match for his father.

"There's no way we could go against him, and win."

But then Jin suddenly realized a contradiction in his story to this point, if his father was so dangerous. "Wait. If you needed to stay away to keep us and Y/N safe, why did you return?"

"I wanted to stay away forever, if that's what it takes to keep everyone I care about safe. But in my practice to become a barrister at law in New York, my mindset changed. My mentor helped me to realized I cannot hide further. Together, we worked with the police and we took down many criminals."

Jin could tell the respect Taehyung has for his mentor, speaking of his mentor, he finally show a smile. Jin is grateful that despite everything his little brother went through. He made a note to thank this mentor of Taehyung if he ever have the chance to see in person. At least there was someone there for Taehyung when he needed it, that's all Jin needed to know.

Taehyung continued. "If I run away forever, I will always be intimidated. I came back to find evidence enough to take him down. Put him behind bars, once and for all. It's the best way to keep her safe. Forever."

"I just didn't know Jungkook will be in the picture when I returned. I complicates everything." Taehyung looked up to the moonlight and sighed.

Taehyung just made Jin speechless. That's why he said he came back for Y/N. He did not know the sacrifices his baby brother made for them and he blamed himself for not knowing it earlier and for not helping him earlier.The thought of his little  brother going through all of that alone formed a little teardrop at the corner of his eye which he quickly blinked away.

"Do you suspect that, your father had anything to do with Y/N father's... um... you know..." Jin wanted to say suicide, but the thought suddenly came across that he might be murdered, after learning of the new information from Taehyung. He lost the word.

"I don't know. I have suspicion that it might not be suicide. I have met uncle Song before, he does not seem to be a man of such acts. But I am not sure if father is involved. Ever since I found out about it, I have been digging and I found nothing." Taehyung was frustrated at himself and clenched his fists tight.

"Either the culprit might have covered their tracks well, or there really is nothing to be found."

"My bet is on the former." Jin said.

"If that is the case, the enemy will be more difficult to deal with than we thought." A darkness immersed from within which overwhelmed Taehyung's face. "But whoever that is, I am going to bring him down."

"Tae, if you are on to something, you need to tell Kook." Jin suggested.

"What? No." Taehyung squeaked. "You think he cares about her? She's just a means to an end. You know that, don't you." Taehyung clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes away.

"What I think, is that Kookie baby cares about Y/N more than anybody knows. He's just not good at expressing it."

Taehyung chuckled sarcastically, "I don't think so."