The Addition

You arrived at Illumine after visiting Jin and was welcomed by all the designers in your team.

"Noona!! You are finally back. We missed you so much. It was so difficult without you around." Seongwoo said with watery eyes. Nayeon and the others also came over to hug you.

"By the way, we have an addition to our team. Meet Mark." Nayeon said and she directed your vision to the new comer.

"Mark? Is it really you?" You said when you see him.

"Surprise." Mark smiled at you brightly.

"It is a surprise really. Why are you here?" You asked.

"Because I missed you." Mark answered.

"It's not funny. And don't flirt with me." You frowned.

"Anyway, welcome to the team." You told him and the others laughed happily. Based on the team's reaction, you guessed probably already know you were classmates with Mark in New York.

"We missed you so much." Sakura said with an arm wrapped around yours. Wonyoung and Tzeyu both nodded with glassy eyes as well.

"The reunion can be later, where's boss?" You asked.

"He should be in his room." Nayeon said.

You nodded to her and told the team. "And can Seongwoo get coffee for everyone. My treat."

Everyone on the team cheered cheerfully for you as Seongwoo took the orders.

You walked towards Namjoon's office, and knocked on his door. He didn't return the knock so you opened the door to peek inside.

"Boss?" You tilted your head into the gap of the door and checked on him.

"Y/N is that you? It seemed like forever since you left." Namjoon said with his eyes wide welcoming you back to Illumine. "Welcome back."

"Thank you boss." You said to him and sat across the table in his office. You saw his worried face and you wondered what happened that made him look so concerned.

"I really want a to give a warm welcoming for you. But I don't have good news." Namjoon said frowning.

"What happened?" You asked. You have never seen Namjoon with that worried face before.

"You came back at the right time. I need you the most now." Namjoon said with a sigh. "Siwon resigned."

"What???? Siwon resigned?" You repeated and then you remembered Choi Yoona is his wife, you wondered if she is going to leave too. If the senior lead designer and the marketing head leave the company at the same time, it really is going to be a problem.

"Is Yoona leaving with him?" You asked.

"Yes. You knew their relationship?" Namjoon said.

"I do, somehow. We can talk about that later, it's insignificant. What is the plan?" You asked Namjoon.

"Well... Internally, I am planning for you to take his place as senior lead designer. Seongwoo and Nayeon is promoting to lead designer. As for Yoona's marketing team. I have recently acquired a marketing firm. The new staff there are going to take over the marketing department." Namjoon said but he still had a knot in his forehead.

"That's a bold move. You're buying a company to replace the marketing operations?" You asked. Actually you were more concern that you cannot replace Siwon as Senior Lead, you pretended that you were concerned about marketing too.

"Yes. It's a small one, but the boys have great potentials. I am counting on them." Namjoon said and just then, there was a knock on the door.

"Just the right time, Soobin. Meet Y/N." Namjoon said.