The Unexpected Visit

"Jungkook hyung." Jihoon knocked and peeked into Jungkook's office. "There's a woman at the reception who said she wanted to see you. She says... she's your ex."

Jungkook sighed and told Jihoon to let her in. After a few minutes, Lisa appeared in Jungkook's office.

"I heard you wanted to see me." Jungkook sat across the table with crossed hands.

"Do you have to be so cold? Did you forget the history we have together?" Lisa asked.

"I remembered, Lisa. If not you will not be standing here. What is it? Finding your next source of finance?" Jungkook said directly.

"You knew." Lisa said.

"Yes." Jungkook said

"When?" Lisa asked.

"Long ago." Jungkook replied.

"Your grandfather." Lisa sighed.

"You are foolish to think my grandfather will leave behind a source of trouble for the future. Let's get it over with. What do you want?" Jungkook said bluntly.

"What is it that she has and I don't? She's just a materialistic bitch who married you for money." Lisa said.

"Lisa... She's not materialistic." Jungkook said with a cold laugh.

"She needed to pay her mother's hospital bills and she could go into an extent to marry someone she just met. How is she not materialistic?" Lisa asked in return.

"I don't normally repeat myself but she's not materialistic." Jungkook cannot hide his smile when he thinks of you.

"Actually no matter how hard she tries, she just doesn't pass as materialistic. She might be able to fool the world, to fool herself. But she failed to fool me." Jungkook smiled as he continue to talk about you.

Jungkook leaned forward with his hands on the table. "You know? Lisa. I gave her a black credit card, one without credit limit."

Lisa's eyes grew wide learning the fact.

"What would you have done with the card? Actually. What would anyone have done?" Jungkook asked and he paused to let her think of the thousands of things she would buy.

"Buy whatever you want to buy and think I will just gladly pay everything?" He suggested.

Jungkook chuckled. "Y/N, through the years when we were married, she never used the card. Not even once."

Lisa sat across the table dumbfounded and unable to speak. Who will never use a black card? She did not believe someone like that exists.

"Do you still think she is materialistic?" Jungkook asked. He took long breath before he continued. "Everything that she had. The fancy clothes, the expensive bags, the costly jewellery. Everything, all the luxuries, she never asked for any of them. I gave them to her willingly." 

"But she willingly accepted." Lisa looked another way in disapproval. She never thought such kind of foolish person exists. She still thinks you are trying to bait Jungkook by acting noble.

"Of course she would, acting materialist is her way out. But even if I gave her nothing, she will never complain. She doesn't take anything for granted." Jungkook chuckled. The thought of having you around him makes him smile from the heart.

"How many bags would you have me buy if you were her?"

Lisa lowered her head at Jungkook's words.

"Who is the materialistic one? Everything that she has, she earned it and she deserved it."

Lisa couldn't refute. She wanted to ruin your career because you had everything she wanted. The man she wanted, the talent she never had and a name in fashion which you will eventually have. She was jealous why she wasn't in your place. She met Jungkook first, she was a model long before you became a fashion designer. She should have everything you had.