The Break

A/N
I haven't wrote about Y/N's workplace for some chapters already, here's another recap on the characters:::

Sakura, Wonyong, Nayeon and Dahyun - Junior designers originally on Y/N's team

Yuri, Tzeyu Seongwoo - Junior designers who were on Jennie's team but are now under Y/N's supervision because of Jennie's incident.

Daniel - A model uprising in fame due to walking down the runway for your successful collection.

.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

You were working with your team with the collection showdown which is going to happen two weeks from now. You have been catching up with the progress after being in hospital and resting for a few days.

After the successful runway show, Namjoon promoted you to lead designer position which made you the youngest lead designer in Ilumine history. Thanks Namjoon.

After your promotion and reviewing the designs and performance of your team, you have decided to promote Nayeon and Seongwoon to senior designers.

Nayeon was working with you for some time. You knew how talented she is and how much she deserves the promotion.

Seongwoo, who you came to realize after he joined your team, is actually a very talented desinger too and his designs has his signature to it, classy and yet sophisticated. But you just thought he was it limited to what he feels comfortable designing. If he keeps creating similar designs. Designs that people liked and keeping himself contained in his own comfort zone. You want to guide him to take risks and think out of the box. That's your main focus for Seongwoo.

Back to the collection. Although the theme was lace and leather. This time, unlike a runway collection, the target audience was more reallife, commercial. You let your team choose the theme they want to design between lace, leather or both. Then can also choose to create men's or women's wear at their choice. You want to give them the freedom to put their designs down the runway and not to be defined.

Actually if they stay with the theme, it would be difficult for the collection to not be cohesive. So you would want to give them the freedom to design whatever they want. Even if the collection did not win the best collection category. You're fine with it. It was more about the the designers rather than the team this time.

It will be Sakura and Wonyong's first internal showdown, you could feel their stress piling up. The other designers are also very stressed after days and weeks staying in the designer's room.

It was already 6pm when you look at your phone. So you decided that your team should chill out tonight.

"Hey guys!!" You called out to get the attention of your team. "I think we need a rest. Let's stop working and go grab a drink outside."

"Great!" Nayeon shouted across the room and threw her scissors on the table. "I really need a rest

"Hey, careful with that." Sakura said as she was sitting across the workspace opposite Nayeon.

"Oops, sorry." Nayeon said cheerfully and Sakura glared at her.

"So are we going? Or not?" Yuri said. "I am desperately in need of a break."

"Let's go. I'll call Daniel." Seongwoo said.

"Seongwoo, great idea. Get Daniel. I missed him." You agreed and Seongwoo picked his phone to call Daniel. After a few minutes, Seongwoo hanged up with Daniel on the call and said "Y/N Noona, Daniel asked us to meet him at the bar he met you."