Oppa

You opened your eyes after a short nap which felt like forever. You heard a woman speak to you. "How are you feeling?"

'That's a good question.' You thought. Your head feels like weighing a thousand pounds and you want to open your eyes which also seemed difficult.

"I'll call for Dr. Kim." The woman said. You then heard footsteps distant footsteps fading out.

You sighed as you begin to realise what happened before you fall into slumber. You remembered your father's death, you remembered the life you had after your father left you and your mother with debt.

But what happened next? Your memories are still blurred, you cannot remember anything coherent. Some bits and pieces like a jigsaw puzzle.

"Y/N?" Jin said as he opened the door to your ward.

As you finally feel awaken, you sat up from your lying position and looked at Jin. "I remembered my father."

"What else do you remember?" Jin asked calmly. He did not want to trigger your memories once you are awake.

"What happened to me?" You asked. Your head is starting to feel less pain as you regain consciousness.

"Panic attack." Jin explained as he dragged a chair to sit next to you, helping you understand what happened. "I guess the memories coming back to you at one time made you panic."

You sat quietly listening to Jin as you contemplate what you have seen in your brain as if it was a movie replaying. Just that those scenes actually happened, you have experienced all those memories and emotions before. You have ten years of blank memory.

How many more of those do you have to go through before you get them all back? You asked yourself.

"Take it slow," Jin said, looking at your worried expression. "You don't have to remember it all today."

"Where's Tae?" You asked. He must be worried, but he tried to keep himself calm so that he could comfort you. He always puts you before himself. Always...

"I told him to go home. But don't worry, I'll let him know you are awake." Jin carefully observed your expressions and continued. You nodded. "Do you want to talk? Or do you want to rest?"

You looked at Jin. You knew you probably met him after your father died so you have no memory of how and when you met him. But looking at him gives you the feeling of an elder brother, a brother you always wanted but never had.

"Can we talk?" Jin nodded

"Oppa?" And what you said after that made him smile from cheek to cheek.

"I thought you would never call me that again." Jin said.

"I used to call you Oppa?"

"You do, a lot."

"Oppa..." You said it again and you saw memories of you and Jin talking in the hospital. Him patting your head. And memories of your mother in the hospital were starting to return.

Your mother was sick, Jin treated her. Talked to her. Listened to her. "I trusted you with my mother when she was sick."

"Yes. Anything else you remember?"

"She died, didn't she?" You asked. Actually, you do not have the memory of her death. You just guessed. You remember her really sick and you visited her. Accompanied her while you still can.

"You remembered?" Jin asked. Because if you remembered the day your mother passed away, you might also remember yourself pregnant and leaving for New York, and probably also Jungkook.

"No. Not at all." You answered. You might not have the memories, but the feelings remain. You felt the grief every time you thought of your mother. You guessed she might be gone, and plus, she did not come visit you.

Jin let out a soft chuckle. "I reckoned."

"I remembered you talking with my mother." You recalled in the little flashbacks inside your head

"And it was like family." You observed Jin's reaction, he was flustered when you mentioned family.

"I'm sorry." You said. You did not want him to feel awkward. He was a doctor to your mother, not a friend. It was weird calling the doctor family.

"We are like family." Jin wanted to continue, because you were the wife of his little brother. But stopped as it would be better if you have remembered it yourself. He did not want to push the limits.

You tried to recall any other flashbacks that you had. But there were none other than the moments you had with your mother and Jin.

After a little small talk, Jin left the ward. While he told Y/N that Taehyung left, he was actually sitting outside a bench in the corridor.

"Tae, are you okay?" Jin asked as he sat beside Taehyung.

Taehyung remained silent. He did not know the answer to the question. He was so confused. He thought everything he wanted was an opportunity to be with the love of his life. Now, it seemed like he had the opportunity that he always wanted. A chance to turn back time. He is beginning to question whether this is actually what he wanted.

"Sometimes you don't know what is it you really want until it's at arm's reach." Taehyung turned his head and looked at his hyung, it was as if the eldest read his mind.

That was true, he didn't know what he wanted until now. And now he was certain.

"I want her to be happy."

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Thank you for reading the story and sorry for keeping you all waiting. (I know it had been a while.)

The reason I have not been updating the story is because of the crazy life I have the past year. And secondly, I am feeling a little disconnected with the story because of the time I left it aside.

It would probably take me some time re-reading the story and reconnecting the dots from where I left and the remaining of the plot that is still in my head. And while I start doing that, I would probably start edit everything because every time I read my own writing, I only see flaws.

Recently, someone told me "you will only learn and grow when you start doing something that you are afraid of." So here I am, trying to face the internal struggle I'm getting when I tried to continue writing this story, and other stories I have here.

Thank you again, for your patience and understanding.

Meanwhile, let's support Hobi's new song. 😊💜