Safe Travels

The next day I had to get ready for Kansas City. Cody and I will be leaving the day after tomorrow. Which is on wednesday. I hated to leave right away. But duty calls. LJ has to be in Demoise on friday. He wanted to go for the PRCA circuit again but his buddies wanted him back in tour with them.

"Babe when am I gonna see you again" LJ said

"I dont know hun. Ive got a busy month" I said

He put his head down like a sad puppy. Ugh I hate leaving him. I walked over to the bed and grabbed my schedule. Holy crap! I wont be home for the next six months! How the hell am I gonna handle this? The life of rodeo'n for a living. Better yet, how is LJ gonna react?

"Is everything ok babe" LJ questioned

"Umm. Yeah" I said softly

"Is it about the traveling" he questioned again

I nodded my head. He came up to me. LJ picked me up and sat me on his lap. LJ wiped my tears, and I didnt realize I was crying.

"LJ Im gonna be gone for six months" I said feeling guilty

"Hun. I gotta tell you something"

"What" I sobbed

"Im back on tour for the PBR. Im in the top ten"

"Thats great. But how are we gonna see each other"

"We still can babe. Im sure theres a rodeo near by. I dont want you giving up what you love. I love seeing you happy. Will facetime, talk, send pix, and text. I know Im gonna be missin you like crazy. Babe I trust you being on the road. I know you'll be in safe hands. I love you Jade"

Ok? I have nothing to say. My god, I'll be out on the road for six months straight. How can he be so calm about this? I mean I've got tears running and I havent left yet. I guess I have to face it.

"Alright. If I have time" I teased

"Hey now! I need to see my beautiful wife every day" he pouted

"THat reminds me. What will my husband do here while I'm on the road"

"Be Mr. Mom"

"Pffft. Hahahaha..." I laughed

"You can laugh now. Wait till later" he said then pecked my lips.

I got up and went to my closet. I pulled out two suit cases. I filled em with my casual clothes. I already have my shirts and jeans in the trailer. LJ was helping me pack. This is crazy, I only been home for a couple of day and I already gotta hit the road.

*2 days Later*

I loaded up Stark, Viper, Sweets and Hero. Sweets and Hero are Cody's heel horses. Then in our second rig we got Eagle, Caballo, Hali, and Halo. Again Hali and Halo belong to Cody. I got Luke hauling the first rig. Then we have Jesse hauling the second rig. Cody and I will be traveling to Kansas City with Luke. Jesse will be meeting us in Casper Wyoming later this week. Since Jesse begged, he is traveling with Justin. One of his friends that always had a crush on me. Great!

"Jade! We're heading out" Jesse shouted

"Alright" I shouted back

Jesse and Justin pulled out. Luke was on the phone, talking to his daughter. Who is a teenager by the way. Little Shay is fourteen years old. They grow up so fast. Yet she's still fangirling over LJ and Sean Willingham. I walk in the house and I see LJ heading towards the bedroom. This is it. I wont be able to see my handsome husband for awhile. I use a smile to cover my saddness. But LJ knows me better. He can tell a difference between a real and fake smile. I walk into the bedroom and he had his head in his hands.

"Hey" I said softly

"I didnt think it would hit me this hard" he said

"Awww.. Babe I know its hard. We both know this life wasnt gonna be easy on us. Always remember that I love you. I'll keep checking in. OK?"

"Dont go" he sounded like a little kid begging mom to stay

"Baby I have to. I love you. See you soon"

"Ok. Love you too. Safe travels babe"

Then he got up and gave me a kiss goodbye. This is it, I wont see him for the next six months. I havent left yet and Im already missin him. I walk out of the bedroom and out the fron door I went.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awww... Six months without seeing one another in person!

Can they handle it?

*LJ's POV next chapter!

Vote/Comment