Bruised

*Jade's POV*

On the way to Tulsa, all I ever thought about was last night, well this morning. Every now and then a tear would fall. Now, that this happened, I don't know where we stand. It's complicated to even break it down. The man I love, punched, shoved, and backhanded me. I don't know if he was really at the right state of mind. He was drunk, but sometimes when people do get drunk aren't that violent. I've seen LJ drunk a few times, but this one was the worst of all.

I pulled into Porum. Ah, memories of this place. I stopped by Cody's place. Shyt, forgot about my face. I pulled to a near by store. I walked in with Kylie and went to the make up isle. I found a foundation to cover the bruise. I bought the thing and walked back out. I drove off and parked at the gate of Cody's place. I quickly covered the bruise and now all I'm showing is the busted lip. Now how the hell am I gonna make an excuse? Then the gates open and I drive in. Knowing how nosey my brothers get, they are gonna want to know where LJ is at.

I pull up to the front of the house. Cody comes walking out. He's all proud waving. I parked the truck. "Ok... Jade... just breathe" I thought to myself. I got out of the truck and unbuckled Kylie. She was awake and alert.

"Hey Si- woah... what happened to your lip" he said

"Oh.. I was working on a fence at the house.. and I jabbed myself" I said

"Uh... oookay! Now give me Miss Kylie" he said and grabbed her

"By the way... where is LJ"

"He had to fly out to Missouri for the weekend.. something to do with his family"

"Oh... well.. come on.. everyone is inside"

"Ugh... now I have Luke to deal with... he knows when I'm lying.. shyt" I thought again

I walk into the house. I see Luke sittin on the couch. He looked at me then looked away, and looked back at me. He ran towards me.

"Jade.. what the hell happened to you" he asked worried

"I.. I.. uh.. can we talk" I whispered

"Yeah.. Cody where's your car keys" Luke said

Cody tossed us his car keys. Luke and I walk outside. I left Kylie with the boys. Luke and I got in. I don't know if I can trust Luke with what I'm about to say. Oh well.. here it goes.

"What happened Jade" he asked calmly

"Uh... promise me that you won't tell anyone" I begged

"Depends... how bad the situation is"

"I need your promise Luke... please"

"Fine..pinky swear" he said and lifted his pinky

"Ok... well Larry went out with his friends... Kylie and I were at home... we had a movie night... after the movie ended.. we went to bed... about three in the morning, there was knocking coming from the front door... I walk down and peaked out the window... LJ was standing outside...drunk off his ass... I let him in and we got into another argument...he was about to take off with the truck.. before he grabbed the keys, I snatched it.. he kept bragging to for me to give him the keys.. it got to the point where he... he shoved me..against the wall... I hit the back of my head against the wall... then I was pinned against the wall.. and uh.. uh.."

I put my head in my hands and tears were rushing like a flood.

"Calm down Jade..."

"Uh...he back handed me and punched my side"