Months Later

LJ and I have finalized our divorce. I asked him if he wanted joint custody but he said no. That means Kylie will be staying with me from here on out. But I don't know why, he don't want to do joint custody. I don't have a problem with it.

He is the father. But when we were in court, he didn't really say anything. He didn't even ask for Kylie. He didnt ask if he can see her or how's she's doing, nothing. Absolutely nothing! I don't know if he is being held by the balls or he just forgot about us. Like seriously, ever since Vegas we haven't heard from. Except that one night Kylie and I came home. He's a completely  different person.

I started getting my rodeo stuff together. I have my partner for this upcoming rodeo season. Tyler and Cody are roping together. Every other month, they would come and check on Kylie and I. They are basically the only ones that have been helping Kylie and I. They love being around her, and she smiles when she hears their voices. It's all smiles with them.

One day the boys came over. We all sat down on the patio. We watched the Texas sunset and drinked beers, well only the boys. I don't drink around Kylie. Kylie and I just stay home and do what we can. Since, her father is, I don't know. I mean if he loves us, he would keep in touch, right? He would be asking for Kylie. Why all of a sudden, he abandon us? It just doesn't make sense at all. I promised my Kylie, I would do anything to take care of her. She's my whole life.

"Jade... you ok" Cade asked

"Ummm.. yeah" I said

"Come on let's go to bed... Kylie is sleeping already"

We walked up the stairs. Cade sleeps in the guest bedroom. Oh yeah, Cade is my rodeo partner. We have been practicing here and there. I walk into my bedroom and laid down. He was about to walk out of the room, but I stopped him.

"Cade... stay please" I begged

"Sure.." he said with a smile

He laid down next to me. I'm kinda having feelings for Cade. I mean, he was there. Oops, where's my manners.

A/N Remember Caiden  from Rope or Ride? Well he's back in this one!

"What's wrong Jade" he asked

"The past... its nothing"

"What bout the past... it's him, isn't it"

I nodded my head. I miss LJ so much. At night I have these terrible nightmares. Sometimes I don't even sleep at all. Kylie just takes naps most of the time. So that eases my tiredness. It hurts to much to even talk or think about it. I thought we would live a happy life, but no. I don't want Kylie growing up, without her father.

"Come here" he said and wrapped me up

"Your a great mom Jade... your doing the best you can for Kylie... keep your head held high" he said

That night I fell asleep in his arms. Honestly, that was the best sleep I got in I don't how many months.

*LJ'S POV*

I lay awake at night, thinking. Maybe Jade would have had a better life, if I left her alone that day. If I hadn't had post that flyer at the school. In reality I wasn't looking for help. I just wanted to get a chance to talk to her. It's not the same without her. I can't even talk to her anymore. If I were to, it would hurt even more. I love and miss them like crazy.

When I saw her at the court, I couldn't talk or look at her. I don't want to hear the hurt nor see tears. I still have that image in my mind. When I told her... When I told her I need to leave her. That image is good enough. I don't need to see any more tears.

Christen is trying to help, but I keep refusing. She's the problem. It's her fault were in this mess. I just want my Jade and Kylie back. I haven't been riding as good either. My mind is not set on riding bulls. It's set on my girls. I like to know how they are doing. I miss having both of them in my arms.

Maybe I should call them while Christen is out. Hope her number is still the same. I called her number.

"Hello"

"Oh,that sweet voice of hers" I thought 

"Ummm... Hey Jade"

"LJ?"

"Yeah ba- I mean yeah its LJ"

"It's fine Larry... how you doing"

"It's good and yourself"

"Were great... Kylie is doing great.. she had her first laugh"

When she said that my eyes started getting water. My baby girl already laughed and I missed it.

"Really?"

"Yeah... she... umm.. she.. she looks just like you"

I can tell she tried not to cry herself. Every time I blink, tears roll down.

"I miss you babe... both of you"

"I...i.. I miss you too.. why haven't you called" she choked up

"Baby I'm trying... I'm trying to figure out.. how I can get back to you... I can't be alone for more than a three minutes.. this is actually the first time I'm alone... every day I thought about you and Kylie... I love and miss you both dearly"

"She does know you LJ... I leave a picture of you in her crib... all she does is stare and smile... why can't you make up something"

"Jade I tried... she wants to go everywhere I go... I can't even... are you rodeo'n this year"

"Yes... I need to make money for us..."

"Whose gonna watch Kylie"

"LJ it's not that hard... I have Luke, Jesse, Tyler, and Cody to watch her... they love being around her... "

"Oh.. well I decided to call when I had this chance... good luck and be safe put on the road... I love and miss you both so much... give Kylie a kiss for me"

"Alright... thanks.. I will.. We love and miss you too... bye"

"Bye"

We both hung up the phone. I don't know what's gonna happen. But all I know is I need to get back to my family. Don't know how, don't know when. But I need to be with my family. Kylie is my little girl too and I need to help. But I'm being held back. I hate it!

-------------------------------------------

What's gonna happen?! Will they reunite again?

Is LJ telling the truth that he's trying to get back to them?

Vote/Comment