Stop

It was almost time to rope. I see Jade riding around with Cody and LJ. I see her laughing and joking again. LJ is the one that's making her laugh. I hate to ruin her happiness, I don't know what made me think, she wants me. If she wanted me, she wouldn't have married LJ. Im looking at em at the corner my eye.

"Stop it Kollin" Tyler said

"What?" I asked innocent

"I see the way your looking at Jade. I'm telling you now, it's over. She's married and happy. I know you miss her bud, but you gotta move on"

"I cant. It hurts that I let her walk"

"We all been through those times. Come on were up in a few"

Tyler and I sat behind the box. Then I saw LJ, Jade, and Cody sittin by the heading box. Geez, she looks so happy. I cant take that from her. Although we are friends, I think. Well I hope we are.

Tyler and I were up, but I just couldn't concentrate. I calmed myself down and focused. Tyler called for it, he stuck em good. I came around picking up a pair at the switch. We are now leading the round with a 4.1. I felt relieved, because we drew the strongest steer out of the bunch. Then it was finally Jade's turn. I figured she would be nervous, but no; she was calm and confident. I also see LJ recording her. Jade called for it and stuck em pretty quick. Cody came around picking up a pair at the corner. Now they are leading it with a 4.0. Now it's getting tough.

I rode back to the trailer. Feeling great about tonight's round. Can't believe I got beat by a girl. Oh no, this wasn't just any girl, it was a world champ. Dam, I wonder if Cody and I can switch partner's for next year.  I don't have anything against Tyler, it's just Jade seems to fit my style of roping. She has the best head horses around here. Shyt! I'm rambling about her again. Come on Kollin! Stop thinking about her, SHE'S MARRIED!

But still I can't bring myself to believe it. Great, now it's gonna be one awkward year for me this year. I un saddled and fed the horses. I wonder what Kansas City has to offer. Obviously Jade!  Dam it brain, shut the hell up already. Jade is off limits!

"Hey bud. You alright" Tyler asked

"What? Oh yeah. I'm fine" I said nervously

"Sure you are"

"I need a drink. Let's go out tonight"

"Haha.. we're up in slack.. why can't you go to the store and buy a case"

"Oh yeah... well let's go to the store than"

"Alright.. I need to feed these guys first"

Tyler fed and we were off to the store. I seriously need a drink and food. One to get Jade off my mind, and two I haven't ate all day. Tyler and I walked in the store, grabbing what we need. Then off we went back to the fairgrounds.

We pull up and we see Jade, Cody and LJ having a cookout. I guess to celebrate for Jade's run tonight.  But dam steaks sounds great right now. When we parked, Cody was heading towards us. 

"Hey guys" Cody chirped

"Hey bud"

"You guys want some food" he asked

"Tyler you can go... I'm beat, I'm hitting the hay" I said

Tyler looked at me. Meaning what the hell is your problem. I ignored it and went into the trailer. I sat on the couch and opened up a can of coors light. What the hell is happening to me.

*Tyler ' s POV*

"What's up with him" Cody asked

"Jade" was all I said

He nodded his head and we walked back to their rig. Cody was telling me, that Luke is hauling but I don't see him.

"Wheres Luke" I asked

"In Wyoming with Jesse"

"Cody what happened"

"Jade is a diabetic Tyler. She scared the crap out of me when she fainted"

"What?! When did this happen"

"Yesterday"

"And you didn't tell me"

"I'm sorry. But Jade didn't want anyone else to do know"

"Does LJ know"

"Yes. He flew up here to check on her. He was in Demoise for the PBR. I told him what went down and took a flight"

"Dang.. well let's enjoy the steak"

I sat down with the crew and ate. It was some good dinner. I miss Jade's cooking, reminds me of her mom's cooking. I'm still freaked out about Jade. How can she keep that a secret? How can she be diagnosed?  She's healthy! She eats healthy and stays healthy. I haven't seen her eat more than two bites on a candy bar or even drink soda.

But Kollin does need to stop what he's doing. He can't break her happiness. If he does, I'm bailing out of our partnership. He better stop before it gets out of hand.

-------------------------------------------------------

Will Kollin stop thinkin of Jade?

If his thoughts take over, will her marriage be destoryed?

Will Cody and Tyler keep Kollin away from her?

Vote/Comment