Familiar

I shook her hand and she smiled at me. Her smile and her eyes look familiar. She literally looks like someone I know. Why haven't I seen her around.

"Have a seat" Luke insisted

I was gonna sit across from Luke but I decided to sit across from Taylor. Luke was on the phone anyways. She was shocked at first. But I wanted to take a good look at her. She reminds me of someone. But I couldn't put my finger on it.

"How old are you" I asked her

"Uhh.. eight- eighteen" she said

"Fresh out of high school"

"No fresh out of college"

I laughed at her. She does have the attitude of someone I know. I just couldn't figure out who. The dinner went great. Although Taylor and I had bit of a moment. I'm liking this girl.

We all left the steak house and went back to the arena. I followed Luke and Taylor back. Why is it that I can't think of this person. She reminds me of someone. Someone I have known.

I went to take a stroll to the stalls. I see Taylor giving something to her horses.

"You know horses can become diabetics" I said

"Yeah I know... but Duke and I love sweets.. don't we"

She turned towards me and smiled. God, she reminds me of someone. Someone I know familiar. Now this is gonna be stuck in my head. Oh well, guess I'll hang with Taylor for awhile.

The next day, was Luke and I's first rodeo together. Hope everything goes like we planned. I head towards the office for my back number and draw. Then I head towards Luke's rig.

"What's our draw" he asked

"Thirty two.. he looks pretty descent"

The three of us got something headed out for breakfast. We went to a nearby IHOP. We ordered and ate.

Later that day, we started getting ready for tonight's round. Luke and I are the fourth team out. I'm stoked to rope. As I was saddling up, I see Tyler and Cody walking by. I was eavesdropping, and I heard them say something about Jade. I couldn't figure out what.

Team roping was starting and Cody and Tyler were up before us. I watched them rope and they made a tough run. They ran a 3.7 to lead the pack. Welp, my work is cut out.

Luke and I backed into the box and we ran a 4.1. We are now sitting second in the round. Which is not bad for our first time. Luke and I went to unsaddle and hit the sheets.

-----------------------------

Boring!! Lol

Vote/Comment