Trouble Some

I walked out as calm as I can. Deep down, I'm still shocked. My best friend just randomly kissed me. I didn't expect this at all from him. This was a whole new Cody, I'm seeing.

I sat down at the table. I see fans lining up. Holy cow, I wasn't expecting this many people. Still no sign of Cody. He's gonna get in the trouble.

*LJ'S POV*

Can you check on Cody

Jade texted me. I walked towards the dressing rooms. I see him  sitting against the wall. I walk in there.

"Hey bud. You need to get out there" I told him

"I'm sorry" he said softly

"For what"

"I kissed Jade"

"Excuse me"

"I kissed Jade. I was the one who did it. She wasn't expecting it. But for your info, she didn't kiss back"

"Wh- why would you kiss my wife." I said calmly as I can 

"Here's the thing, Jade was my first kiss. Ever since I've been in love with her. Please don't blame her for my mistake. She had nothing to do with it."

"Get dressed. Everyone is waiting for you" I said

I walked out. What the f**K just happened? My wife got kissed by Cody. I'm not sure if it's safe for Jade to be traveling with him any more. He practically screwed my ex girlfriend which I don't care, but what I do care is him kissing Jade. Yes, I do trust my wife, and we need to talk tonight. Because I gotta head back home to check on the house. I need to make sure, nobody messes with my wife. Oh lord, this ain't gonna be easy on us.

I walked up to Jade. I kneel down beside her. Apparently some fan wanted a picture of both of us. We stood up and smiled at the camera. I kneel back down and whispered to her.

"We need to talk later"

She turned to me. Like what for? Then it finally hit her. So not looking forward to tonight but it has to be done. Then she nodded. I also told her I'll be back. Honestly i needed to step out for awhile. Get my mind straight so I won't yell at Jade. Even though it wasn't her fault. I left the feedstore and went to starbucks. I sat down with a cup of coffee. And some girl, just sat down. But I didn't look up because I already knew who it was. Christen.

"Hey" she said softly

"Hi" I said being slightly annoyed

"Wheres everyone"

"Busy for the day"

"Oh. You wanna talk"

"I'm good. Think I'll pass"

"Come on LJ"

I got up and walked out. Geez, I can never get away from her. It's like she's some hard core stalker.

"LJ" she shouted

I stopped and waited for her.

"What is it Christen"

"I still love you. Can we work this out"

"Uh.. incase you haven't notice. I got a wedding ring on. And you were with my friend last night. What makes you think I want you back"

I hopped in the truck and drove off. Again I searched for the nearest  lake. It was a twenty minute drive. Jade don't get out until another two more hours. I fueled up and went to the lake. 

I got to the lake. I backed the truck up, so I can put the tailgate down. I sat on the tailgate with my coffee in my hand. I stared out into the lake. I have no idea what I'm feeling. It's from being pissed to hurt. And then hurt to being pissed. Tough call I say.

"LJ I love you. And only you!"

Jade's  voice kept repeating in my mind. She tells me she loves me so many times. I love her too. But I'm afraid that ain't enough. Why can't we have a happy marriage without anyone ruining it for us? I mean first there was Christen, then Kollin and now Cody. It seems like they don't want me and Jade together. Kollin and Cody are probably thinking, why she chose me. After all I've done to her. Lying and cheating, stuff that I'm not proud of doing. I ask that question myself. Why would she choose me, when all I've done was ruin her life. I regret those times of cheating on her. If I would have done her right, we wouldn't be in this mess. We would have been a family right now. I can't believe I was gonna be a dad.

Who am I kidding? I love Jade. I loved her since the moment I laid eyes on her. I wanted her to be the one person to spend the rest of my life with. I wanna wake up next to her. I wanna sleep next to her. I wanna be there for her every step of the way. I need her. I crave her. I want her. I love her. If people can't see my love for her, than they are blind. Everything I have done since our marriage was because of her. I want to give her what I couldn't give in the beginning.

An hour later, I made my way back to the feedstore. I pulled up to the feedstore and parked. I walk inside, and there was still a lot of people. I looked at my phone, her signing was almost over. I can't wait because I'm starving.

I kneeled down beside. I rested my arm on the back of the chair. She was signing and smiling. Again more fans wanted pictures of me and Jade together. Everything was perfect at the moment. Finally the signing was over with. I dragged Jade out of there.

"Woah. Babe what's with the rush" Jade asked

"I'm hungry. And we need to talk"

"Okkay. I'm hungry too."

We drove to the nearest diner. I've been hungry lately. I'll eat a lot in one day and the next day, I'm not hungry at all. Weird how my appetite changed. Oh well I'm hungry!

"Tell me what happened" I said

"Well. I told him to change his shirt and talk at the same time. But instead he told me to leave him alone. I was about to walk out and all of sudden I'm pinned against the wall. He straight up kissed me. I didn't kiss back. If that helps. I don't know. This is a new Cody I'm seeing"

"I'm scared to leave you alone with him or Kollin. I know I have to head back to the house tomorrow. I do trust you Jade."

"Babe you have nothing to worry about. I'll be fine"

"You said that last time. Look what happened"

"Please don't stress out. How long will it be before you come back"

"Uh.. about a month"

She put her head down. Nice going LJ!  I grabbed her hand and she looked up at me. I hate the fact that I'm leaving her tomorrow. I'm more worried about her than she thinks. I can see, her holding back her tears. I don't blame her. We both chose this life and we new the consequences. We both ate in silence.

*Later that Day*

*Cody ' s POV*

I made my way back to the fair grounds. I'm starting to feel sick to my stomach. I don't know what's causing it. It's either the hangover or when I kissed a married woman. Who practically is my traveling  partner. I don't know what over came me to be honest. I feel like I betrayed her. I'm not liking it one bit. Tonight  we are roping. I don't know how long LJ will be traveling with us. I'm sure he is upset with me like Jade is. I wonder where they went.

I walked to the stall. I hear laughing and a female voice. A voice I'm familiar with. It's been so long since I heard that voice. I took a peek in the stall, and I see Brittany. I looked who she was talking to, well more like kissing. Tyler? What the hell?

Now I'm the one that feel betrayed. My best friend is making out with Brittany. The girl I also let slip through my fingers. Tyler and I had rules in our friendship. Number one rule was, no dating each others ex girlfriends. I kept my cool and grabbed one of my heel horses. Wow! Some life we live.

-------------------------------------------

What's gonna happen between Jade, LJ & Cody?

And Cody & Tyler.

Vote/Comment