Lettin Go

*Kollin's POV*

I sat on the couch that night. Taylor went to sleep in the bedroom. My mind is now stuck on Jade. She is married and now has a kid. Where and when did this happen? Why didn't I know? Wait, what am I saying here? Why am I so concerned about her? She has LJ, and I have Taylor. Who just so happens to be her cousin. God, what have I got into?

I couldn't sleep that night. She's back on my mind. I was doing great until I saw her tonight. I do need to set things straight with her, but I doubt she'll let me. And I just gotta try it. I didn't wanna be near Taylor when I have Jade on my mind. If I say her name, well let's say it'll be ugly.

I know she's stayin at Mandalay Bay. Every morning I see LJ, Tyler, and Cody there. We're also staying there too. Tyler and I still talk. But it's just a quick hi, and nothing else. I just want to have some time with Jade. So I can explain everything. I still do love her.

Her look the last time I saw her, haunted me. The look of hurt, fear, and disappointed. Every night I've been having dreams. All of them have been about her. It's the little things that remind me of her. I just can't get the image out of my mind. She was all I ever wanted.

"Kollin" a sleepy voice spoke

"Yeah babe" I said

"What are you doing.. it's two in the morning" Taylor said

"Just thinkin.."

"About what"

"The past... nothing big"

"Oh.. well let's go back to bed"

"Yeah.. ill meet you there"

Then she walked back in. Ugh , what am I gonna tell her? "Hey Taylor... I dated your cousin Jade..." I thought  to myself. It's to complicated to even think or talk about it at all. I'm a bad guy all the way around. I did stuff, I wasn't capable of doing. I picked rodeo over her. She wouldn't be here, if it wasn't for LJ. But I really do need to see her.

I quitely walked out of the room. I head downstairs to get some air. I went to the bar. I ordered myself a beer. I sat there, watching a rerun of tonight's round. I caught the team roping. I was sitting there, then someone took a seat next to me. I looked and it was Tyler.

"Can't sleep bud" he said

"Nah... have some stuff on my mind"

"You mean someone"

I looked at him and nod.

"Kollin... kollin.. you gotta let her go bud.. she's happy.. she has a family of her own now"

"Tyler... it's just not the same... I hurt her... and now she's scared to come near me"

"KVO, you have someone in your life.. and don't let the past hold you back from being happy.. look how far you got without Jade"

"But that's the thing...I only pushed it because I wanted to see her again... and I did.. she was shocked to see me... even better I'm seeing her cousin for crying out loud"

"Wow! I might need a shot"

"I just... I just.. I just need to set things right with her... that's all I want.. I want to explain why I did it.. I wanted to explain it but she wouldn't let me" I said and slammed my beer down

"Jade is something else Kollin... she's not like these other girls, who simply gives you the Ok. She's the one who you have to work for.. that's what LJ did... he put everything he's got to be back with her... he worked for her... now look at them.. they are happy and have a beautiful baby girl... Jade is off the market my friend"