t w e n t y - f i v e

You wake up in your bedroom, the comfort of your bed making you feel safe again.

You slowly push yourself self to sit up, and it feels like your brain wants to explode. Your head is thumping against something

You put your hands around your head and feel wrap, your head is wrapped in gauze. You groan, lying back down and beginning to feel tears on your face.

"Y/N?" you hear, and open your eyes to see Taehyung at the door.

"Hi." you whisper and wipe your tears away.

"How are you feeling?" he asks with a soft voice, it soothes you.

"I don't know. I'm in pain but i'm in more pain trying to figure out what the hell happened." you say.

His lips line, and he rubs his forehead, "Us too, the weirder part is only you, and a few other staff got affected. I'm guessing some have more sensitive ears." he says before sitting on your bed, taking you hand and smiling.

"You guys aren't at work." you mumble and he nods.

"We stayed back for you." he begins to run your hand with his thumb.

"Taehyung, can I ask you a question?" you try, and he seems hesitant.

"Please, just this one."

"Fine, go ahead." he says, squeezing your hand with a smile on his face.

"Your company is very advanced, that building is obviously also very advanced, how many faults like this are really likely to happen?" you ask and you see the wheels in his brain turn, before he slowly opens his mouth.

"Not many. We've had maybe one fault with the water tanks three years ago. It's strange." he says and you mentally agree.

Strange.

- - - - -

After you've had dinner with all of them, you decide to shower. You've felt disgusting the whole day.

The doctor told you to unwrap the gauze and place silicone plugs in your ears to shower, to avoid getting water in your ears.

"Ruptured eardrum." you whisper, looking into the mirror, you could've lost your eardrums completely.

After taking off your clothes, you take off the gauze and get distracted by examining your ears.

There are dry blood stains around your ear, and in your hair too, you carefully put your hand near your ears, and you see the image of blood on Jungkook's hand. The fear and worry on his face.

You take the silicone ear plugs and very slowly put them in, waiting for some sort of shooting pain, but you put them in successfully without.

You turn on the water in the shower and let it melt the stress and pain away from the week. You close your eyes, feeling one bit better.

Then you hear a knock.

"Hello?!" you call out over the sound of the rushing water.

No answer.

"Hello?!" you try, louder this time.

Nothing.

You shrug it away and continue with your shower.

Once you're out, you take a towel and wrap yourself in it, going into your room to change.

You notice a piece of paper on your bed, picking it up.

You notice that the writing on it is messy, rushed.

You start to read,  'I warned you to watch your back.''

You drop it, and your hands begin to shake, you want to scream but your ears are still healing.

You put your hand over your mouth, suddenly feeling a rush down your spine, you feel the hairs on your body stand.

"Oh my god." you mumble and and pick the paper back up, running out of your room, almost jumping down the stairs.

"Help." you mumble, and all seven of them stand up once they see you, running over to you.

"You're shaking, what happened?" Jungkook asks and you hand the paper to him.

They all look over his shoulder as he reads it, and they all go frantic.

"You need to go. We can't stay here." Yoongi grabs your shoulders and walks you up the stairs.

"Yoongi her ears." Namjoon warns him and he looks back.

"Just go, we'll follow." he says.

"But he's in the house." Jimin answers, all of them waiting at the bottom of the stairs.

Yoongi puts his hand over your ears, "Just go!" he yells, and they very hesitantly leave.

"He's in the house?" you ask, your voice cracking.

"No time for questions. Change, quickly." he gives you a push to your room, but you don't go in, you turn back looking at him, your hands squeezing your towel.

"I'm scared." you say, and he smiles, walking up to you.

"I'll go in with you, I promise I won't look." he says, putting his pinky up.

You chuckle, and twist your pinky around his.

He sits on the bed and turns to the wall, and you try to change as quickly as possible; bra, underwear, sweatpants and sweater.

"Done." you say, your body still shaking.

You're so paranoid your eyes flicker all over your room, waiting for something to come out.

"Where's the gauze?" he asks and you point to the bathroom.

He comes back into the room with it, takes your ear plugs out and and very carefully, yet quickly, begins to make several layers around your head and ears.

When he's done, he pats his hands around your head, "Good?" he asks, still wearing a comforting smile.

You nod.

"Then let's go." he takes your hand and dashes to his room, he crouches on the floor and pulls two silver cases from under his bed, your eyebrows furrow.

His thumbs very smoothly open the latches on them, and there you see two guns in each, and you take a step back.

"Yoongi?" your voice shakes.

He takes all of them out and shoves two into his boots and two into his waist band.

"I said no time for questions."

"But-" before you can say anything, he takes your hand again and runs out of the house.

He pulls a set of keys in his pockets and clicks a button, you hear the responding beep from his car.

"Get in." he says and lets go of your hand.

You quickly do, and he runs around the car, opening the trunk and closing it again. You try to see what he's doing from the rear-view mirror but fail.

He's in the driver's seat now, and you buckle your seat belt.

"Fair warning, I'm going to drive fast." he breathes heavily.

"How fast?" you ask.

And he almost stomps his feat into the gas pedal, and you feel your head get dragged back to the seat.