t h i r t y - s i x

You're on your knees, scrubbing blood out of the carpet.

Years of period leaks, and you're pretty much a professional at cleaning blood out of anything.

Once the blood stains are out, you pick up the small bullet and stare at the wall with holes.

You still can't figure out how they missed?

They had to be a professional, they had to have had some sort of skill?

This whole thing feels off, then again what wouldn't be odd about a whole shoot down on a random Thursday afternoon.

How are you going to hide this from your mom?

You walk into your room and sigh, staring at your bed.

Just a few months ago your life was normal. Well, ordinary.

You were just trying to get by the last weeks of high school so you could finally move to the city and pursue your career, find love, find happiness, find something that they talk about in movies and books.

Your best friend was Jungkook, an also ordinary boy, who is not so ordinary now. He wanted to be a gamer, even though everyone made fun of him for it. He was smart, he knew all the school work, but he got bored of it always.

When he asked you to use your house for a little bit, you thought he was bringing stupid college boys who were irresponsible into your home, or you just weren't sure what to expect.

He told you they got evicted, so there were hundreds of thoughts you had.

You shake your head and forget it, getting some paper from your desk. Maybe you'll draw something and stick it over the holes until you find something else.

She's not in the house that often anyway, and her room is at the start of the hall, yours is at the end, so there's a small change she'll see them, for a while at least.

"Hey." you hear a voice and you jump up, looking back at your door.

"Jungkook." you gasp, your hand over your heart, anything else would probably have it explode. It's had too much for a day.

He stands with a smile, a small smile, a hurt smile.

You instantly notice the changes, the tattoos on his hand, the lip ring, the hair darker and shorter than it was three months ago. He looks so different, but he's the same boy you thought you knew so well.

He's wearing an oversized black zip-up, and black sweats, he looks like a giant black shadow, his face only a little visible.

"Y/N." he smiles back, his eyes getting red.

You wipe under your eyes and walk over to him, looking up at him as if he isn't really there, like your head has imagined him there for comfort.

But when he lifts his hand up to tuck a hair strand behind your ear, you melt under his touch, you've missed them so much, so much you somehow didn't even realize how big that ache was for them.

A small tear falls down his face, and he wipes it away with his wrist before pulling you into an embrace.

The scent of him fills you, fills the void that you've been denying for months now, and it makes you gush.