f o r t y - t h r e e

Your mother questioned you for thirty minutes when you walked into the room.

You told her the truth, not entirely, you only told her about Jimin.

Naturally, she went on a rage about how you usually never keep secrets from her, and that she wasn't thinking straight when she allowed Jungkook to stay over at your house with her friends, how she expected better from you, then she calmed down.

But she started asking more and more about him, like where he was from, which you didn't know, where his family was from, you didn't know, what his job was, which you said you didn't know.

It was only at that point you realized you didn't known anything about him. You were terrified of this, how had you never paid attention to that.

In fact, you know nothing about all seven of them, even Jungkook.

"Y/N, you've been dating a stranger?" your mother asks, worry very prominent on her face.

"I-I don't-" you don't even know what to tell her.

"What has gotten into you? You are not like this. I cannot trust you anymore." she massages her temple and sighs, letting it all process

"Mama, I'm sorry, I should've known better."

"I have a trip to Daegu in three days, I was going to let you stay here a few more days because I thought you were responsible and smart enough and now I don't know what you are. This guy could have hurt you very badly." she tells you, being right on the money every time.

"I know. I'm so sorry."

"Don't tell me sorry, you're the one that could have ended up killed. How old was he? Is he from your school?"

You look down at your hands, "He's twenty-six." you mumble.

She gasps, "Y/N, be serious."

"I am, Mama."

"Y/N, no, you cannot be, this man is almost ten years older than you."

God, you're an idiot.

You can only nod.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Have I taught you nothing?!" you can see the tears in her eyes begin to form, breaking your heart.

"Mama, it wasn't like that, he was good to me, I promise. It was never uncomfortable, they were all good to me."

Past tense, past tense, past tense.

"And so because they complimented you a few times or maybe showed great care for you they had no ill-intentions, huh? Are you this naïve?" she begins to cry, shaking her had as she looks at you with only fear.

"You didn't know them."

Neither do you.

"I don't care! My god, do you understand you could be dead right now if you were not so lucky, you are only eighteen!" she screams, falling on to the bed and beginning to sob, not being able to speak anymore.

Never have you seen your mother weak, she has never let you, so seeing her like this for the first time because of you makes you scared.

You fall down on your knees in front of her, shaking her legs to get her to look at you, "Mama, please don't cry, I'm sorry for being stupid, for trusting so easily, for being oblivious."

She looks up at you slightly, her eyes red already, she places her hand softly on your cheek, and you lean into the touch you've been so deprived of, "My girl, do you only think of yourself?" she says, shattering your heart to billions on pieces, smaller than the pieces Jimin made.