Chapter Fifty-Five: The Kazekage's Rescue Mission

"Mai! Mai!" Shizune exclaimed as she bursted into Mai's office.

"What is it Shizune?" Mai asked worriedly, instinctively standing up.

"We've just received a message from Suna, and it says that the Kazekage has been kidnapped!!"

"Shit..." Mai cursed under her breath.

Usually, she wasn't the kind of person to swear; but given the situation she didn't even think about it. She should have seen it coming.

"Ask Team 7 to come here immediately."

"Alright," Shizune answered before leaving as fast as she had entered the room.

Mai went to pace back and forth the room. First this girl from Taki and now the Kazekage...

This time they really needed to act quick. Because now she had a feeling that they would come to Konoha pretty soon. And that meant that Naruto and Akira had still to become stronger. Because if they could kidnap the Kazekage, that meant they were probably super strong, like Itachi was, and that they shouldn't be underestimated. So they would have to master what the Yondaime couldn't. 

Team Seven arrived not that long after into her office. 

"What's up Godaime-Mai?" Naruto immediately asked her. 

Mai stopped pacing the room and went back to stand behind her desk. 

"Team Seven, I have a very important mission for you. The Kazekage has been kidnapped by the Akatsuki. So you will immediately leave for Suna to help them find him."

Shock was visible on everyone's faces following this revelation, especially on Naruto's and Akira's. 

"You must be kidding..." Naruto said in a low voice. 

"Unfortunately, I am not." 

Naruto clenched both his fist and teeth. 

"Listen I know this is a terrible news, but you have to go now. The sooner the better," Mai reminded them. "Or else..."

"No! He can't die!" Naruto snapped. 

Akira couldn't believe it. How could have they dared kidnap him? 

First this girl she couldn't save, then the Kazekage, and after it would certainly be their turn...

She had only met him once... 

"Come on, Team Seven, let's go pack our things and we'll meet at the gates in ten minutes," Kakashi told his team. 

"Mai, "Shizune said as she entered the room again without knocking. 

"Yes?" 

"The Kazekage-Sama's sister has just arrived to escort Team Seven to Suna and tell them about the situation more in detail during the trip," Shizune informed them. 

"Good, tell her to wait for them at the gates. Thank you Shizune."

"All right," Shizune said before leaving again. 

"I will send back up to help you as soon as I can. Now, you know what you have to do." 

Sakura nodded, "Come on, let's go everyone!"

And with that, Team Seven left in a hurry as the clock was now ticking. 

Hopefully the Kazekage would be saved before it was too late. 

Once they were gone, MAi immediately left her office as well to go see Shizune. On her way through the corridors she bumped into her mother. 

"Kaa-San,"