Chapter Eighty-Eight: Team Seven back together

"Look! These are the four previous Hokage!" One of them said at some point. 

"They've come to help us!!"

Everyone was then filled again with renewed hope and determination. 

"Now with the five Hokage united, we cannot lose!!"

As for Mai, Akira and the Hokage, they went back to where Naruto, Sakura and all the others were standing. Naruto smirked at his sister and father.

"Good job Sis."

Akira stared back at him and a small smirk appeared on her lips soon after. 

Mai could sense her mother's chakra getting nearer and nearer, as well as that of the other Kage. 

Suddenly Sasuke appeared on the battleground with Jūgo, surprising most shinobi that frmed the Konoha eleven, even Naruto. 

Akira instantly glared at him as her eyes landed on him. 

"Sa-Sasuke....." Sakura trailed off in shock. 

Sais boy glanced at her briefly. 

"What- What are you doing here?"

Practically everyone was staring at him, except for the former Hokage, waiting for his answer. 

"A lot of things happened, but I decided to protect the village anyway. And then, I will... Become the Hokage."

Everyone was taken back by his statement, even Mai. 

"............"

"You.... You want to become Hokage?" Kiba said as he was frowning. 

"But... This has always been Naruto-Kun's dream...." Hinata said somehow sheepishly. 

"Yes, and we all know that Naruto will make a much better Hokage than you," Neji added as he was glaring at him. 

Mai narrowed her eyes as she was still staring at Sasuke. 

She wasn't sure whether this was good news or not at first. But then she could still feel this dark aura surrounding him. So she inferred that this wasn't. She furrowed her eyebrows warily.

Apparently, even if he was willing to help them in the war, her ancestor's answers hadn't been convincing enough to put him back on the straight and narrow. 

Sasuke briefly glanced at her before glaring at her. 

And Mai understood that he was still eager to kill her, just like when he had tried to during the Kage Summit. 

"........"

Then everyone started talking about how they could become Hokage too. 

"I'm really happy to hear that so many of you want to become Hokage, but for now we have a war to win!" Hashirama reminded them. 

Mai stared at her ancestor again. She was now wondering how he could have died. No one had ever given her any precise response about this..

And if even the legendary Madara Uchiha hadn't been able to kill him, she really wondered who could have. 

But she guessed now wasn't the right time to ask him. Even though his answer should only take a few seconds...

"Kaa-Chan and the other Kage should join us pretty soon," she informed him instead. 

Hashirama turned his head to look at her. He then remembered the words which Madara had said to him earlier. 

He couldn't really have his own opinion just yet since they had only exchanged some words.