Chapter Ninety-Four: Meeting the sage of the Six Paths

"We're back!" Naruto exclaimed happily.

We're back... But how.... Mai wondered.

"Hey Kurama! Were you lonely being separated from me?" Naruto asked him with a stupid grin plastered on his face as he was waving at the fox.

"I wasn't lonely!!" Kurama replied, flipping him off. 

"I'm glad that all of you have come back safe," an unknown voice said happily.

"Huh?"

Mai looked for the man who had just said that but couldn't find said person. 

"I'm right here, Mai, above the ground."

"......."

Mai looked up and finally spotted said man.

".................."

What....

"Who... Who are you...?" Mai asked hesitantly.

The sage smiled at her.

"My name is Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki. But I guess that you know me better by the name of the Sage of the Six Paths."

"The Sage of the Six Paths...?"

"That's right. Thanks to the help of all the previous Kage we were able to bring you back here."

"........."

"But.... How do you know my name...?"

The Sage kept smiling at her. 

"Well, I've been observing mankind for quite a while now, so I know each of your names."

"I see....." 

Madara's body was back as well and Sasuke wanted to go finish him off but Hagoromo told him it wouldn't be necessary. And that's when Hashirama bid his last goodbye to his old friend. 

Meanwhile Minato approached both of his children. 

"Akira..." he said worriedly. "She...." he trailed off, fearing the worst. 

"Do not worry, Yondaime, she is not dead," the Sage assured him.

"Not yet...." Mai whispered. 

"But we won't let her die, will we, Kurama?" 

".........."

The fox only snorted as everybody was now staring at him. 

"Don't tell me you're going to let her die, Kurama," Matatabi said. 

"Well, it's your decision, Kurama," the Sage said to him.  "So what would you want to do?"

"..........."

Everybody was now waiting for a response on the fox's part. 

"Hmmm.... Well, if I have to be sealed again, at least I won't have to put up with that idiot ever again," the Fox eventually replied after a while of reflexion. 

"Huh? Eh!!" Naruto exclaimed. "That's really not nice of you!!"

The Sage couldn't help smiling at that. 

"Well, if that's your decision, so be it."

"Let's waste no time then! She's dying!" Naruto reminded them. 

"Don't worry Naruto, she will be fine. There is just one thing I'd like to know first. Kurama, even if you are still separated from your other half, you will still be able to communicate with it since you will be linked with it. And thus all the Bijū will be able to gather in the twins' mindscapes. It will be a meeting point."