Chapter Hundred-and-One: Kidnapping - Part II

"By the way, I'd like to point it out to you that you didn't answer my question properly, and I must admit that I don't really like it when my questions remain unanswered."

Sasuke glanced at the Uzumaki female. 

"To make it simple, Kakashi isn't the biological father of this child."

"What?! Are you serious?" Akira replied in astonishment. 

"As bright as you are, I guessed you would have figured it out yourself by now."

And now that she thought about it again, it all made sense. 

This tremendous quantity of chakra that the baby possessed which had almost had the Godaime-Sama die... And the colour of his hair.... And...

Akira sighed. 

"Well, they had been keeping it a secret," she simply said. 

Sasuke remained silent, being extremely focused on their 'mission'. 

"But even if he is not his real father, why would they want to kidnap this baby?"

"What has happened to you?" Sasuke asked her, not bothering to look at her. 

Akira gave him a weird glance. 

"What do you mean 'what has happened to me'?"

"You're asking stupid questions. And that doesn't look like you at all. It seems that your brother has rubbed off on you."

Akira's brow twitched in annoyance. 

"He hasn't," she replied dryly. "It must be so because I'm tired. This birth was complicated and extremely exhausting. We spent nine long hours on it and Karin and I gave a lot of our chakra to help the Godaime-Sama. That's also why it made the fight with this woman even more difficult for me. I could hardly remain in Kurama's chakra mode for a few minutes only, even with my Byakugō activated. 

"Then you should have remained in the village to get some rest."

"While someone is kidnapping the Godaime-Sama's baby?!"

"Someone else could have gone after them. You could have just let them know."

"No... First, I preferred to deal with this myself and second, I don't think anyone else could have gone to get the baby back. Besides, there wasn't any time to waste."

Sasuke glanced at her again. 

"And what about Naruto? Couldn't he have gone instead?"

"No. Because he isn't in the village currently. He is away, just like his Sensei. They are busy with some mission, not the same one though."

"I see."

"You don't look like you're that exhausted though," he pointed out after a short moment of silence.

"That must be so because of my Uzumaki blood. Even if I only have half of it."

"Yes, it must be that."

After running for quite a while, they finally stopped somewhere to have a break. 

But they couldn't even sit down anywhere since everything was covered in thick layers of white. 

And the snow was still falling heavily. 

Sasuke looked at Akira, scanning her from head to toe. 

"You should have taken something warmer before leaving. You must be freezing right now," he pointed out.

Yes, because the Uzumaki female wasn't really wearing an outfit suitable for winter. She was wearing a navy blue kimono-style sleeveless shirt with a red Obi, fingerless gloves, black shorts, fishnet tights along with low heel, knee-high black boots, and she also had a red armband with an Uzumaki crest on her left arm (just like Naruto). She was also wearing a black elastic headband, which was still on her forehead, hiding her Byakugō mark.