Chapter Sixty-Nine: Pain's Assault

A/N: okay, so I don't even remember in detail what exactly happened during the fight Kakashi vs Pain... So I just hope this won't be too lame.. (Just remember that I suck at writing fighting scenes...)

A few days later, Pain finally arrived to the gates of Konoha, ready to go get the Uzumaki twins. 

The guards there noticed him instantly. 

"Who's that?" One of them asked as Pain came to stand in front of them. 

And before they could do anything, he used Shinra Tensei against them as he didn't want to waste time with them. 

Afterward he came in the village, and started looking for Naruto and Akira, splitting in the different parts of the village. At one point, he bumped into Iruka and was ready to question him none too gently when Kakashi stepped in before he could do anything to Iruka.

He was holding the rod Pain had forcefully. Pain noticed his sharingan and instantly recognized him.

"Kakashi Hatake, the copy cat ninja. I'm honored to meet you."

"We can't say the same thing for you though."

Pain seemed to be surprised when hearing the voice, because it wasn't Kakashi's. 

It was Mai's voice, as the woman had just appeared right behind him. She had been waiting for him along with Kakashi. Even if she wanted to avenge her father on her own, she had eventually accepted Kakashi's help who had somehow managed to convince her (with his smooth talk, you know). He would never let her fight against the six Pain all on her own. 

Kakashi was holding the rod Pain had forcefully before he managed to break it. Pain then attempted to kick him with his foot, but Kakashi dodged it and afterward he weaved hand seals before huge four Doton walls appeared, leaving just the three of them. 

As for Mai she weaved hand seals as well before Pain was imprisoned by her Mokuton. 

"Mokuton, huh? That's the first time I've seen someone using it," Pain stated. "A very rare ability."

Mai just stared at his back in silence, with a scowl on her face. 

"You must be Mori no Hime. The daughter of the Sannin Tsunade, a close friend of Jiraiya."

"Don't dare pronounce his name," Mai said menacingly, venom dripping from her voice. 

There was a short moment of silence.

"What if I do again? Are you going to kill me? Let me tell you now that it will be a useless attempt."

"Just shut up," Mai spat, still with a menacing voice. "I won't let you do what you want within my own village."

Pain said nothing. He couldn't do anything while this Mokuton thing was wrapped so tightly around him. So soon enough another path came to help him. The Asura path.

It made the four Doton walls crumble by using some of his weapons to smash them all.

Mai and Kakashi hadn't seen it coming, and didn't really have the necessary time to react quick enough. But fortunately they weren't hit since they were quite close to the main Pain.  

Mai shifted her position and spotted the one who had done that. She was ready to use her Mokuton again to tie him up as well, but the Asura path began throwing tendrils at her. Mai managed to dodge them all in time. 

This was starting to get really serious. 

"Just watch this one, I'm going to deal with the other one first," Mai said to Kakashi.