Because I Had You: Kinsley

Life has this way of teaching you unexpected things at unexpected moments. For two years I have done nothing, but focus on myself and only myself. Therapy and physical therapy. I can finally walk without a cane, but the pain in my lower back is still there, but not as frequent as it use to be. So I think my life is getting better. Like my dad always said, you're only if a fool if you thing progress happens with a snap of your finger.
"Hello!" Sophie waved her hands in my face capturing me out of my thoughts. I forgot she asked me what happened when I laid eyes on Shawn after two years of being apart. He's probably been the most successful he's ever been. He's touring all over the world, releasing new music, selling out, it's probably good he didn't take me back because for god sake I would've probably held him back.
"He seemed good." I added not telling her the full truth.
"Seriously? You're gonna play me like that?" She placed her hands on her hips catching me in my bullshit.
"Something's I just don't feel like talking about Sophie." I replied.
"Kinsley-"
"I'm being serious. You don't understand what happened and how everything fell. Just looking at him felt like the same night he left. He hates me. He just does." I shrugged.
"Nah. Shawn isn't a guy who hates. He's probably still hurting too you know? Was it awkward?" She questioned.
"Kinda. At first. I just uh." I felt nervous. I felt like this was all a nightmare that I just needed to wake up from.
"I explained myself and-"
"LADIES!" Thank god Philip came running in with a big smile interrupting our conversation. Like I told Sophie. There's something I just want to keep to myself.
"Both sweethearts. What would you think if I told you I got an artist a good deal eh?" He wrapped his arm with my shoulder with a smile bigger than the Cheshire Cats.
"Deal? You can't book deals without Kinsley's permission." Sophie snapped.
"I didn't book a deal. I asked what if. Hence the word if love." He winked as she rolled her eyes. I couldn't help, but to smile at his posting energy.
"Screw your deal. What deal needs to be focused on is Kinsley's birthday party!" Sophie threw her hands in the air beginning to the YMCA. Conversations seemed to be jumping. One moment it's about Shawn, the next it's a deal, and the second my birthday.
"That's right! 21 love?" Phillip asked in a question as I nodded in response.
"21 is for the love bugs!" Luke came walking around the corner of the table meeting the tree of us making it the four of us now. Luke was another employer I hired. If a recording artist needed someone to help make music that's where he comes in. He's probably one of my best workers here.
"Ahhhh. Kinsley. Your so young you know that?" Luke smirked.
"Chill off mate." Philip hissed.
"Both guys calm down. We all know the attention needs to be on me since I'm the one planning it." Sophie blushed at her excitement.
"I guess so." Luke rolled his eyes.
"Hey guys I think I'm gonna go. I still have a lot of things I need to finish up in my office." I pushed myself away beginning towards the stairs.
"Leaving so soon?" Luke called out. I just threw him a thumbs up continuing my way up the stairs. I know I'm surrounded by a lot of really amazing people, and I know I'm not the same person I use to be, but that doesn't mean I don't think about the things I've done in the past. When Sophie brought up Shawn, I always feel my heart sinking worse and worse every time. I think about him a lot, and I think about him everyday.
"Mrs. Demers, you have a meeting tomorrow. Philip booked-"
"Sometimes do you ever just feel like screaming?" I interrupted my other personal assistant as she just stared at me.
"Well do you?" I waited for her to answer.
"Sometimes. Especially when I come home and I know I'm gonna have problems with my parents everyday." She shrugged her shoulders.
"So you do feel like screaming?" I added.
"I guess so." She mumbled.
"Well then, why don't you?" I questioned as she looked just as confused when I first interrupted her.
"Because I don't want to get fired." She looked more serious than ever.
"Here." I grabbed all her paperwork from her hands and tossed them to floor as she watched all the papers fly everywhere. I felt bad doing it because I knew she had to pick them all up after, but I didn't care.
"Lets scream together." I gave her a cheesy smile.
"You feeling alright Mrs. Demers? Did you need your coffee? I was on my way to go pick it up. I promise." She touched my forehead as if I was sick.
"Yes I'm fine." I laughed moving her hand down.
"Sometimes I just get stressed you know?" I added as she nodded.
"I agree. You can be a handful sometimes-"
"Wait what?" I quickly interrupted her.
"Nothing." She quickly added sealing her mouth close.
"Okay then...." I became confused. I was handful of a boss?
"One. Two. Three. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH." We both screamed at the top of our lungs as people in the hallways and in their offices peaked their head to see what two crazy girls were doing. I took a deep breath knowing I really needed to do that.
"You get a raise." I placed a hand on her shoulder walking right past her soon after. Everything can be really hard and all at once. My biggest fear is what am I gonna do with Shawn? Do I go talk to him again? I felt confident and like a new person with me, a fear is he still sees me as the same girl I was two years ago. He has every right to hate me, but even me thinking that thought just kills me more and more inside.