Because I Had You: Shawn

I just held her. That's all I did. I didn't think about the past once. I didn't think about anything else, but that exact moment. She squeezed and she squeezed me hard. She made sure I knew she didn't want to let go. That's all I kept thinking about. I didn't sleep at all last night because I just couldn't stop thinking about Kinsley. I couldn't stop thinking about how she was fighting to stay strong, how she was fighting to make sure she didn't go back to her old traits. She just was so strong that whole night and I was just so happy and proud. She looked so beautiful. She was so god damn beautiful. She had a small white dress on with lace all over and spaghetti straps. Her hair was curled, she didn't pin it nothing. She just wore it naturally down. She just looked so innocent, and it was driving me crazy. Everything just felt right. Everything did. Her, how she was, who she is, her body just fit perfectly in my hands and that's just where I wanted her to stay. After two years apart, you just wonder what was the reason for us to see each other again. There has to be an answer somewhere.
The next morning Adam came to my house earlier because we were gonna head to the label so I can just work on music. He said he wasn't gonna stay long because he knew I just wanted it to be me and music. Nothing else.
"I totally lost you at the party last night." Adam handed me a Starbucks coffee.
"You ditched me." I took a sip.
"I didn't ditch you. I said I was gonna go find Kinsley. Which by the way, I didn't." He rolled his eyes.
"What did you end up doing?" I didn't want to tell him. I felt like he was gonna judge me.
"Drink." I added.
"No shit. It was a 21st party."
"I kinda just floated around. Talked to some people. I didn't do much. I didn't see her either." I shrugged as we both began walking to his car.
"Me and Jordan decided to dance, and she's so sexy man." I cracked a small laugh at Adams comment.
"Like hell. Like I needed to control myself."
"Too much info man." I laughed as he started the car. On our way to the label, he kept talking to me about some wedding ideas and how they were gonna do grey and coral for their wedding colors. He was telling me he was really nervous, but excited at the same time. We both walked through the doors and everything looked the same. Almost like the party never happened. I kept looking around hoping I would spot Kinsley, but I didn't. I still couldn't get what happened yesterday out of my mind.
"Here's your room they gave you." Adam opened the door as it was the same room Kinsley was clearing her head in. Now I know if she needs to do that again, she'll have to come in her. Let's just hope I'm in here when she is. I placed my keys, guitar, and notebook down on the table that was by the door. Everything was just so professional. All black couches, seats, the recording room had thick clean glass. There was drums, piano, guitars provided for me. A microphone. Everything I needed that I know would make me feel like I'm at home.
"Well aren't you in heaven?" Adam chuckled. He saw my eyes lit up. I forgot how amazing this studio was.
"This is where I belong." I mumbled to myself feeling so excited inside.
"Alright. Well good luck, and I'll come and get you later." Adam gave me a fist bump as he walked and closed the door behind him. I didn't even know where to start. I've had a couple of things I've been working on, but now that I see I have so much to play with, I feel everything that I've been working on just blew out of the water. I walked inside the recording area closing the door. I immediately headed straight for the piano. I touched the keys as the sound of them sent shivers down my spine. This one of my favorite instruments to play.
"You said I wanna get to know ya
Why you gotta give my hopes up?
You said that you were staying over
But then I woke up to the cold air." I began to sing while playing notes I made to fit this song. This is probably one of the hardest songs I have to sing considering it was written for Kinsley and what happened between the both of us, but it turned to be one of the biggest songs I've ever written.
"Real nice mate." I heard am English voice come through the speakers in the room causing me to jump. I turned my head as Philip, the man who got me the deal, was standing there with a coffee in his hand.
"Oh thanks." I stood up walking out the recording room as he we both shook hands.
"You like it in here?" He asked.
"I love it. It's a really great place. I don't remember it looking this nice."
"Well, Kinsley has been redesigning it. After her dad died, she found some papers of new designs he's been working on so she took them upon herself." He explained.
"It's beautiful." I added looking at everything again and absorbing it all.
"Where you from if you don't mind me asking." I crossed my arms in front of me leaning and sitting on the table behind me.
"Liverpool mate."
"What are you doing down here?" I questioned.
"I just have always loved it here, and I love the people and the opportunities. When I got here, I literally had nothing. My parents didn't support me much for leaving. Kinsley found me, took a chance, and now I'm Manger here. Absolutely adore it." Hearing him say Kinsley took a chance just reminded me once again how amazing she has been.
"You gotta girl?" I couldn't but to smile as I asked that as he did too.
"Ahhhh, the dating life." He put his head down laughing.
"Nah, not at the moment, when it happens it'll happen." Philip was a really chill guy. He looked young, maybe 24-25? He was taller than me by maybe an inch, and had brownish blackish hair.
"I saw you last night. Dancing with Kinsley. You guys do know each other, and it'd not as business mates."
"Long story." I sighed.
"I can see her being a bit much. What happened. You two use to date?" I was feeling hesitant on wether or not to tell him, but the people I've met such as him and Luke seem to be real and genuine guys.
"We were together."
"Ahhh. The good word "were". Well whatever it is I hope the both of you two are doing okay. Together or not. Both of you are really good people."
"I really appreciate that. Thank you."
"I'll get out of your hair. I'll see you around." He gave me a small nod walking out the door. At this time, I just needed my music. Too much was filing through my head. Just way too much.