Because I Had You: Shawn

I was laying down on my bed throwing a peace of crumbled paper up and down catching it every time. Life has been treating me so well lately, but it does leave me questioning a lot of things. One thing was Kinsley. Seeing her two weeks ago took my breath away. Not because of what she did. But because how much more beautiful she has become. Her beautiful brown soft waved hair and big brown and green eyes were still the same, but the sparkle in them was just different. Her little body was just as innocent, she didn't look so skinny like she use to. She has filled out and just looks like how Kinsley's suppose to look. She looks so beautiful in the way I've always wanted her to see. The only thing that just killed me, was I couldn't run and grab her and spin her around in my arms and hold her their forever like I wanted too. She was just different, she didn't have the same sad look in her eyes or on her face. When people walked by her they didn't feel sad or get a bad vibe, instead they all got positive vibes. Everything was happy and content with her it was all because she learned to grow up and fix herself.
"Hey daydreamer." Adam came walking in my room with a brief case wearing his best suit and tie. I lifted my head up and immediately placing it back down.
"Get up." He kicked my knee making me shoot from my bed.
"Seriously?" I cringed holding my knee really tight hoping the tighter the squeeze, the faster the pain will go away.
"Hey we got a big day." He smiled sitting on the edge of the bed placing everything down.
"Already? I just wanna take a little break."
"I know man. You've been hella busy, but I know you don't want to hear this, but I really feel like this is the label you should stay at." Hearing Adams words ached my heart. He was referencing Kinsley's label.
"I guess I just need some time to think about it. You know?" I placed my hand on the back of my neck beginning to rub it.
"Yeah. I do, but you have a meeting and this guy named Philip King, who is one of the assistant managers there gave us a good deal that I think you and I should consider." Adam was always business talk, I finally decided just last year to make him my manger. I trusted him, and most importantly he never forces me and does what I want, not what he wants.
"And don't worry. I'll make sure you don't have to see-"
"No." I quickly interrupted him as he just stared at me with widen eyes.
"She's not what I'm worried about." I lied.
"I just want some time to just work on my me and just my music. And not run around and do things at the moment." I explained trying to sound as convincing as possible.
"I got you man." He placed his hand on my shoulder giving me a small sense of comfort.
"Let's do this meeting, and then take all the time off and all the time that you need." He gave me a faint smile as I nodded.
"I know you've been thinking about her." Adam finally changed shifts on the conversation. He began to loosen his tie and unbutton his first three bottom of his white long sleeve. I didn't bother to respond. It was only gonna remind me of everything I lost and I can't gain back.
"I know it man. Bros read bros." he nodded.
"It's hard." I finally added running my fingers through my hair.
"She's a good person. She always has been." Adam replied.
"She just seems like she's always hesitant." I didn't like hearing those words come from his mouth only because I felt like he didn't know her the way that I did.
"No. She's perfect." I quickly shut my mouth not even realizing what I just said out loud. Adam turned his head at me not making a face or nothing. He just looked.
"Sorry." I whispered.
"Hey." He stood up walking and standing right next to me.
"I have something I need to tell you." I titled my head towards him. I could tell her was making sure I didn't feel uncomfortable from what I just said.
"I want you to be my best man." A small smile crept across his face. It took me a couple of second to process his announcement. Within seconds I stood up pulling him into a huge hug.
"Are you serious man?" I started to laugh with excitement.
"I'm dead serious." We pulled away and he couldn't take his smile away from his face.
"I mean when? When did you get in engaged? Why didn't you tell me!" I punched his arm as he shook his head in laughter.
"About three weeks ago, and I wanted to tell you by literally asking you to be my best man. I'm sorry. I know I hurt your feelings-"
"No. Not at all. Congratulations man." I grabbed his hand leaning and patting his back.
"When's the big day?" I questioned.
"This is gonna sound crazy, but in literally three weeks." He ran his fingers through his hair.
"No. Not at all. There's no rule book for how to plan a wedding." I added.
"Her dad is really sick, like really sick, and they don't know how much longer they have with him so she wanted it as soon as we could get our hand on a venue and I just want her to be happy, so I didn't have a problem with it." He explained.
"There's no problem with that at all. Seriously, I get it. What are the colors?" I crossed my arms in front absolutely thrilled for him.
"This is gonna sound nasty, but army green and blush pink." He cringed as I did too.
"But don't worry. Girls have this super power of making things match and look beautiful so I'm just gonna leave that all up to her and her mom and every other lady in the world." We both cracked a laugh.
"But we're gonna wear army green suits and blush pink ties and so on. You know how it works." He nodded as I wanted it to be a day all about him.
"Let me help pay for something." I offered.
"Oh no. You're perfectly fine, I want you as my best friend and best man. That's all you can pay me." I had nothing, but respect for him. This is probably the best news I've heard and something that could get my mind distracted from everything that's been haunting me for two years. Wether he wanted me to or not, I was gonna pay. I'm probably gonna pay for the whole wedding. After everything he has done for me, it's the least I can do. He deserves it. Now, I need to go to this meeting and then just take a couple of weeks maybe months off and just focus on me and just my music. I hate saying that out loud, but I know at some moment we all need a break for just ourselves, and anyone who is as busy as I am would understand exactly where I'm coming from.