Because I Had You: Kinsley

15 minutes earlier-
"If I'm being honest. This girl can't sing, but her energy is just incredible." Luke explained to me as we both were sitting in my office.
"Yeah, we're just gonna have to tell her no." I explained placing some papers in a folder.
"If I can add some auto tune-"
"Don't. We don't do that here. Everything is authentic. Don't say that to me again." I snapped.
"I'm sorry. I just wanna help. That's all." He frowned.
"I know you do."
"Mrs. Kinsley, I have the sick deal ready for you!" Philip bursted through the door making Luke and I both jump.
"Oh my gosh. You can't make deals without her consent. How many times do we have to tell you that!" Luke snapped.
"Listen mate. I'm the assistant manager. If she didn't trust me, then she wouldn't have hired me." Philip made a point.
"Fine let's go. All of us." I stood up as Luke and Philip both listened to my command. I grabbed my clip board filled with times and assignments. It helps me keep track of things, and also calms my anxiety from handling too many things at one time.
"Philip, who exactly did you make this deal with-"
"Ladies!" Sophie jumped in with us with a smile on her face.
"And gentlemen." She cleared her throat after Luke gave her a devilish stare for referencing ladies.
"Where's the gang heading too?"
"A meeting, which by the way Kinsley it's with-"
"You and this damn meeting Philip!" Sophie interrupted him sharply rolling her eyes.
We all turned down the hallway walking to a door placed on the right hand side. 
"It's gonna be seriously someone from the streets Philip. Sometimes we all just can't understand you-" Philip swung open the door causing Sophie to instantly shut her mouth. He turned staring at three of us waiting to explode.
"If the three of you lads just shut it, and just trusted me, AND LET ME SPEAK THEN MAYBE YOU GUYS WOULD HAVE GOTTEN AN ANSWER!" He yelled at three of us as if we were children getting caught for stealing someone's lunch pale.
"KINSLEY, LUKE, AND SOPHIE. THIS IS SHAWN. SHAWN MENDES!" My heart immediately sank into my stomach. My throat felt like I dried swallowed a pill. Philip took a deep breath and fixing his coat. He turned around giving Shawn and Adam a big smile.
"Hello mates. Sorry about that." He changed his tone to be completely professional. My legs and feet were frozen. I couldn't move. I should've let him talk to me about this, but he was right. Everyone just kept interrupting him. How could I be so fucking foolish?
"Shawn, you're the sick deal?" Sophie bit the top of her pointer finger cringing with me as he stared at her nodding his head.

Present-
"The music is yours. We don't encourage a certain style from you. You sing and do you. We just want an album with you, if that's the case then that's the winning hit for us." Philip explained as I sat right next to him across from Shawn and Adam. I didn't lift my head up once or even attempt to look at either guy. I just couldn't believe this was happening to me. I just couldn't wrap my head around it.
"I love the offer. I think it's amazing, but at the end of the day it's what Shawn wants." Adam explained. I bit the bottom of my lip just hearing his name.
"Of course. So usually this next step, we have our owner talk to the client, and they negotiate, but since it is confidential signing, us both would have to step out the room. It's just policy." I felt like Philip just kept slapping me in the face. He didn't know my past with Shawn. He didn't know anything, he was just doing his job, and that's not his fault at all. The timing just seems like God slapping me in the face. I could hear Adam whisper something to Shawn before him and Philip both got up and walked out the room. I wanted to sprint and just run away from this place, but that's something the old Kinsley would do. Not this one. So, I just swallowed my pride and grabbed the signing papers and laid them on the table.
"You would uh, you would uh have your own room here. For music of course, and uh then you would um." Every word was coming out of me with hesitation. It all just seemed wrong, and unfair. Shawn put his hand on the table beginning to reach for my hand making me flinch.
"I was just grabbing the papers." He said softly making me feel embarrassed.
"Right." I slid them to him as he grabbed and looked through them, reading them carefully. The whole time I just couldn't take my eyes off of him. His dark brown curly hair that was brushed perfectly and flowed naturally. His big brown eyes just in deep focus reminded me of when he would look at me, and only me. He was just so perfect, that it reminded me of everything I did to hurt him.
"Is there a specific time I have to start right away for my music?" Shawn asked slowly moving his eyes to mine and for a second I couldn't even catch my breath.
"No. Take your time. I know you've been busy. If you need a break, take it. I can compromise with that." I replied fluently. I wasn't gonna fluke anymore. Not on him.
"Have you been busy?" Shawn asked.
"I'm always busy. I even work when I'm sleeping. It's crazy." He cracked a small laugh that made me heart beat faster because his laughter and smile was just contagious.
"Shawn, I can understand if you don't wanna take this. Go and chase what benefits you, I won't make you-"
"No." He reached grabbing the pen on the table and sealing his name on the given line. He dropped his pen then locking his eyes to mine. Right then and there, it just seemed the world was mine. I had him right in front of me, and right where I wanted him to stay.
"My music will be here. After all, I am familiar with this place." He smiled looking around the room.
"It's a good place." He whispered.
"You know when I was clearing out my dads room I found this note." I placed my hand into my pocket placing p, and pulled out a a small wrinkled stinky note, and placed it on the table.
"Make it a good place." I read the note out loud then handing it to Shawn as he grabbed it and read it carefully.
"What was this for?" He asked handing it back to me.
"I'm not sure. It was under his pillow, but I think it's about here, and now that you say that I think I might be right." I smiled as he did too, and I wasn't even reminded of everything I had messed up on. I just saw Shawn and Shawn only.
"Kinsley-" before Shawn could finish, Philip swung open the door with a smile on his face.
"I think we have ourselves a deal!" He hollered with excitement ruining our conversation making me wonder what was Shawn even gonna say before he was rudely interrupted.