Because I Had You: Kinsley

"Shawn." I softly whispered as Shawn was still asleep. I was running my fingers through his hair as I love to watch him just sleep in front of me. His head resting on the pillow his arms folded underneath the pillow just sound asleep.
"Shawn." I whispered a little louder.
"Mmmmm?" He moaned with his eyes still closed.
"Hey, I have to go to work." I kept running my fingers through his hair.
"What?" He spoke with his voice still trying to wake up.
"I have to go to work." I repeated.
"No. Stay here." He moaned grabbing my hand holding it to his heart.
"Please." He squeezed it tight and I felt myself falling in love with him all over again.
"I promise I'll see you after." My heart broke rejecting to stay. I wanted him with me. I wanted to stay right here with him for the rest of my life.
"Alright." He mumbled. I leaned giving him a kiss on his forehead.
"You missed." He smiled. I moved my lips to his.
"I'm sorry." I whispered. I removed myself from his bed and I instantly regretted it. I wanted to jump back in and sleep right next to him again.
I went back to my place got myself dressed up and headed for the label.
As I was walking up to the label I realized there were dozens of paparazzi's. My security guards were blocking the doors as cameras were flashing everywhere. I needed to get inside, but I didn't realize it was gonna be the worse mistake of my life.
"KINSLEY!" The whole crowd of cameras turned and hit me. I placed my hand over my eyes blocking the flashes knowing I was about to get a tremendous headache.
"KINSLEY IS IT TRUE YOU LABEL IS FAILING?" One yelled.
"What? No." I replied confused why that would even be asked.
"IS IT TRUE YOUR DAD DID THE RADIO CROSSOVER SCANDAL?" One yelled.
"KINSLEY ARE YOU AND SHAWN MENDES TOGETHER?" Another yelled. My heart dropped. Why were they in my business? How did they so much about me? In matter of fact, why are they all of sudden here?
"DID SHAWN MENDES CHEAT ON YOU?"
"WE SAW HIM WITH A NEW GIRL THE OTHER DAY WAS IT YOUR OR ANOTHER GIRL?"
"HES JUST HERE FOR THE MONEY. NOT THE ACTAUL DEAL!" I felt myself about to pass out.
"THATS ENOUGH!" I felt an arm wrap around me as the guy pushed through the crowd.
"Open the damn door! Its Kinsley!" He yelled as the guards opened the door and slammed them right behind me. I pushed myself away from the guy feeling my heart beating faster and faster. The questions. Everything. Overwhelming.
"Kinsley!" Sophie yelled.
"No. Stay away from me." I placed my hand over my chest trying to get my heart beat to slow down. I was about to have a panic attack. I was on thin ice before breaking.
"Hey are you okay?" She knew what just happened.
"I said get away from me!" I yelled. I wasn't trying to be mean or make a scene. I need my space. I needed to cool.
"She said back off." I noticed the man who helped me through was Matthew. I actually needed him at the right time. He saved me from that mess. I looked around and noticed everyone was staring at me. I turned around walking down the hallway not caring if people were staring at me. Even my own employees. I walked into a random room shutting the door behind me.
"Breathe Kinsley breathe." I began telling myself. I began to take deep breaths in and out to control myself.
"Everything they said about Shawn with someone else isn't true." I walked to a chair and sat down. I felt my body shaking and my nerves tumbling.
"Hey Kinsley." I looked at the door as Philip popped his head in. I felt alone. I needed Shawn. That was it. He knew me better than anyone else I knew. He knew how to calm me down.
"Hey are you okay?" He asked softly.
"Please get me Shawn." I begged trying to remain calm.
"He isn't here yet." He responded. I should've just stayed with him I should've just listened and just slept the day with him. It would have stopped me from having to deal with this.
"Can I get you anything?" He asked. I ran my fingers through my hair. He closed the door and walked and sat right next to me.
"Has that ever happened to you?" I know he was just trying to calm me down and I appreciated it.
"A couple of times." I sighed.
"The press will say anything to get you to talk. Don't believe them." He added.
"It gets hard you know?" I looked at him in the eyes.
"The business world. The press. The media. It all gets overwhelming." I complained.
"I don't doubt it. You handled yourself really good out there." He added.
"Sometimes it's just best to get away." I replied.
"I know people say being alone is a sad feeling, but sometimes it's one of the best things you can have for yourself." Philip explained.
"Coming here on my own having nothing, and having you help me figure it all out was probably the best thing that has ever happened to me." I always knew Philip was so thankful for everything. He never took anything for granite and I never regret hiring him and moving him up fast in this business.
"I just want to let you know that you're not alone." He finally sighed.
"I know Philip. Thank you." I gave him a gentle smile. I know he was trying to make me feel better.
"When Shawn comes, may you please bring him to me?" I begged. I really did need him. Not because I needed some inspirational words, but because I just needed him company. He made everything go away in ways other people couldn't. I feel I can't even emphasize or repeat myself enough to let people know this.
"Of course." Philip stood up walking to the doors.
"I'm gonna tell everyone you're doing okay love." Philip smiled.
"Thank you." I responded as he closed the door behind him. I know I seem I can collapse at any minute, but that doesn't mean I'll quit. Sometimes I forget to enjoy where I'm at now, but that's when I just need to take a minute to breathe and step away from everything for awhile.