Because I Had You: Shawn

I was walking to the label with my coffee in my hand replaying every moment I had with Kinsley last night and realizing how special she was to me. She really was an amazing girl. Waking up and seeing her right to me was everything I needed to remind me that I wanted this girl with me for the rest of my life.
"Shawn." I turned around as Adam was walking behind me on the sidewalk. I stopped to wait for him to catch up to me.
"Hey." I replied still thinking about when I went off on him a couple of days ago about Kinsley.
"I'm sorry I haven't made the time to see you." Adam placed his hands in his pocket.
"It's okay. Just focusing on making more music." I sipped my coffee as we both started to walk to the label.
"I just wanted to apologize." He added.
"I know she means a lot to you, and she makes you feel a way no one else can and you only get that feeling one time in your life." He explained.
"I don't wanna take that away from you. So I'm sorry." I placed my arm are his shoulder pulling him into a side hug.
"It's okay man." I responded. I'll always say this, he'll always just be looking out for me.
Even though some people can say somethings and we don't ever forget them, but we have to move on. That's something I sure as hell had to learn to do.
As we walked through the doors a bunch of staff was crowding around the receptionist counter. Adam and I looked at one another confused and then glanced back at the table.
"Shawn!" Sophie yelled. Her and Philip walked to me.
"What's the matter?" The vibe was different. People seemed concerned. Worried.
"Kinsley mate." Philip spoke.
"Is she okay?" I shoved my coffee into Adams chest extremely worried. My heart dropped into my stomach.
"Your coffee totally jut burned me." I heard Adam mumble to himself.
"Yes she's good. She needs you. She's down the hall." He pointed down as within seconds I ran to her direction. I didn't stop to hear any other explanation they had or reasons. She was my only priority. I quickly opened the door to her room as she was sitting down with her face in her hands.
"Hey." I shut the door behind me as she lifted her head up and instant relief hit her face. She immediately got up from her chair walked to me as I quickly pulled her into a hug.
"Are you okay?" I whispered placing my hand behind her head, kissing the top of her forehead.
"I'm fine. I just-" she squeezed me tighter.
"I just needed to breathe." She sighed.
"What happened? I need you to talk to me." I whispered.
"I was just hit by the press with horrible things."
"What were they saying?" I questioned.
"Nothing-"
"Tell me." I quickly interrupted her.
"They were saying stuff about the label, things about my dad, and you with other girls and-"
"Wait what?" Instant confusion hit me. These are the things that make me the most furious. These are the things that I hate about being celebrity because people make shit up to try get the truth. How could she be put on the spot like that. It worries me because what if that got in her head. I felt I made her forget about her insecurities, and just like that demons come within a snap of your finger.
"It's okay. I don't believe them." She was being strong. Way too strong.
"Good. Don't." I felt my voice angry. This is how relationships with family, friends, and loved ones fall apart, when stupid fake shit starts to spread.
"I just don't like crowds." She gently pulled herself away taking deep breaths.
"I'm good. I promise." She nodded.
"When the press hits me at random times, I ignore everything. I know it looks hard, but it's worth it." I was talking from experience.
"I distance myself away from social media, and public interviews and questions like that because I know how things get. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." I was upset and angry that I couldn't help her through this. I wish I walked her to work or stood by her side. I felt like I let her down.
"You wanna go get away? Let's get away." I reached for her hand.
"Hey." She whispered placing her other hand on top of mine.
"It's okay. I can't run." I knew what she meant. I needed to respect her.
"Let me walk you to your recording room." She took my hand and walked in front of me. I felt useless like I couldn't help her, but she didn't make it seem she was upset. All I cared was the fact that she was instantly relieved when I came through the door.
As soon as we left the room, walked down the hallway to the main lobby, Matthew quickly rushed to Kinsley.
"Kinsley." Matthew stopped right in front of her making Kinsley and I stop.
"Hey are you okay?" Hearing him talk made me want to grab my fist and throw it to his jaw, but I couldn't make her uncomfortable so I did what I do best. Keep my mouth shut.
"I'm okay." She responded.
"You were strong out there-"
"Matthew." She interrupted him.
"I said I needed time." She corrected.
"Right." He looked at her and then raised his eyes to mine. I don't know what kind of look he was expecting to get from me, but I hated seeing his. She brushed right past him as I followed.
"Don't worry about Matthew." She stopped turning around in front of my recording room.
"I need you to trust me." She saw the worrisome on my face. She saw every pain I had before. She knew it.
"I do." I replied. I do trust her, but there will always be this uncertainty that will lye in the back of my head.
"But don't worry about me. I just want to make sure you're okay." I tried changing the subject.
"I'm okay. I always am." She shrugged her shoulders.
"Alright." I whispered. She leaned giving me soft kiss on the cheek and started walking down the hall. I looked back to make sure she was good before I turned back to the door and opening it.