Because I Had You: Kinsley

I told everyone I would be waiting for them after work, but those immediately blew out of the water when Shawn had a different thing in mind. I wanted everything like it use to be. Even though I knew it was gonna take a little bit of time, I was willing to wait for as long as he needed me too. He was worth it.
"One of my favorite places to go when I'm down here." Shawn stopped in front of a bar. I read the sign, "Paul's Jazz Club".
"I've never been or even heard of this place." I replied.
"You're gonna see why I love it." We both walked in and my heart instantly felt like it was at home. Black couches everywhere, small tables and chairs, and stage where a jazz band was playing and people dancing on the small dance floor in front of the stage. People were sitting drinking and talking, others were laughing, and couples dancing having the time of their lives while beautiful jazz music just played. This was Shawn's environment. It always was. He took me to small table as he pulled my chair out and pushed me in.
"I'll go get us a drink." He walked to the bar as I continued to explore the place. There was red walls filled with records of blues. All the soulful artists were remembered here. Everyone seemed relaxed and didn't have to worry about what was around them, and that made me feel at ease even more. No danger, no worry. Shawn returned back with one beer in his hand and wine in the other.
"Both of these are my favorites, you can choose which one you want." I didn't care what drink he gave me, I wanted him. That was all.
"You pick." I smiled. He looked at each drink in his hand and gave me the wine.
"I think you'll like this one better." He placed it down on a coaster in front of me. He sat right next to me, and everything about this moment felt just right.
"How did you know Reed could sing?" I asked taking a sip of the wine, and actually realizing it was really good.
"I didn't. Luke brought him to me." He answered.
"He said he knew I could get your attention." Shawn was being honest. I didn't like how Luke did that, but lesson learned. I'll talk to him about it.
"He's definitely one of my youngest hires." I nodded remembering Luke interviewing him.
"He has a good voice, he definitely lacks experience." Shawn explained.
"You don't always need experience to get the job done." I replied. It was true and my amazing therapist taught me that.
"You're absolutely correct." Shawn gave me a soft and genuine smile that makes me fall to my knees.
"Tell me. How was it running the business for these past couple of years?" Shawn questioned.
"It wasn't easy, but I know my dad wouldn't want me to give up no matter how hard things have gotten." I nodded.
"My therapist told me you know when you fail when you don't even attempt to try." I added.
"She sounds amazing." Shawn answered.
"She is. She really is. I give her a lot of credit for helping me." I was so thankful and blessed for her. She is the best thing I've ever gained throughout this whole experience.
"Do me favor?" Shawn grabbed a hold of my hand.
"Don't feel you need to be strong around me." He gave me a soft squeeze.
"I don't. I just-"
"These mountains that you carry." He interrupted me.
"You were only suppose to climb." I knew what he meant, and hearing him say it out loud was a different feeling. A feeling like it's okay for me to let go.
"Do you hear me?" He had love and seriousness on his face.
"I do." I nodded. I trust him. I loved him. I knew he wanted to light the mood, but the truth was. He never killed any vibe. He was talking to me in a way he couldn't have before.
"Do you wanna go dance?" Shawn placed his beer down. I noticed his cup was empty.
"Damn, I didn't know you were a drinker." I giggled.
"There's a couple of things you still don't know." He winked giving me a grin. He stood up placing his hand out.
"Come on. Let's dance." He knew I didn't like crowds, but I knew he wouldn't let anything happen to me. I trust him, so I reached for his hand and walked with him to the small dance floor. Other people were dancing softly with their partners and just having the time of their lives. That's what I love. No pain. No fear. Only love.
Shawn took my hand spinning me around and then holding me close. He placed on hand on my hip and the other in mine. The warmth of his skin was a different kind of comfort. I wanted to let him know I wasn't gonna allow anyone, not even myself to hurt him. I wanted him to know he was loved, and he was appreciated.
"Let me lead." I laughed as his widen.
"Should I worry?" He smirked.
"Psh, no. Why would you?" I joked.
"You are the one here with barely working two legs."
"Damn. Right for the gut shot." I interrupted. I wasn't gonna take things to heart anymore. He was allowed to joke and mess with me. That's how you turn something bad into good, all when you're able to reflect. He loved how I took it and didn't get offended. I wanted him to know he can mess and be goofy with me. He chuckled wrapping his arms around my stomach and swinging me around.
"You're gonna kill me!" I laughed out loud as he stopped turning me back around to face him.
"Adam is getting married in a couple of days." He spoke.
"I want you to come with me." He smiled.
"Is he okay with that?" I questioned.
"Of course. Can you?" He waited for a response. I've been having a vibe from Adam lately that he hasn't been feeling all that great with me, but if that's what Shawn wanted and if that's what was gonna make him happy then I was gonna go.
"I'll be there." I answered. Shawn moved his hands up to my shoulders as he moved my hair behind my shoulders. The feeling of his hands close sent chills everywhere. I loved him close to me. I loved him touching me in small simple ways.
"You're beautiful." He whispered cupping his hands around both of my cheeks giving me a soft kiss. He gently pulled away pulling me into a hug as I held onto him tight. My heart heated normally and my life felt like it wasn't in constant pain when I was with him. He was perfect. He was my kind of perfect. He was everything I needed. I wanted to open doors with him. I wanted to laugh with him. I wanted him in my arms. That's where he fits, and that's where he's gonna stay. I don't care if I have to wait my whole life for him. He was all that I will and forever wait for.