Because I Had You: Shawn

I felt like someone placed a rope in my hand, and the moment I tried to grasp it, it was yanked right from me. That's exactly what it felt like in this room with Kinsley. What's even worse was my heart broke and my body began to shake the moment I reached for the papers and she flinched. I didn't want her scared or hurt, I just wanted to run and pick her up and tell her everything was gonna be okay. I know through that whole time she avoided eye contact with me on purpose, and it's not because she hated or didn't want to see me, it was because she was afraid. But all she had to do was lift her head up for her to notice I was already looking at her. I just can't take my eyes off of her. It's hard because I don't know if she has boyfriend now or if she's with Matthew. God, every time I think of that name I always have to clench my fists together. However though, when she finally started to get comfortable, she sounded like a completely new person. The way she talked about her dad, and how she wasn't defensive or emotional. She just had a big smile on her face with her eyes lit up and everything. It all just makes me wonder what do I do after this because my mind is telling me one thing, but my heart is telling me another.
"See Kinsley, I told you this was a sick deal." Her seemed to be right hand man shook mines and Adams hand with a smile on his face.
"When should I see you in the studio?" He asked taking out his pen and grabbing a hold of Kinsley's clip board.
"Probably Monday." I added.
"I need some time for it to just be me and music, I can't guarantee anything right at the moment, but you'll have an album." I nodded.
"I respect that." Philip replied.
"You take care mate, and we all shall see you soon." Him and Kinsley both walked out. I watched her the whole time hoping she would look back, but she didn't.
"I'm surprised. I didn't think you were actually gonna sign it." Adam spoke catching me from my gaze.
"I signed it for myself, not for her." I didn't want him to see my emotions. I didn't want him to know all I do is think about her. There's just something's I just need to keep to myself.
"Yeah, you can try to fool me." He rolled his eyes walking out the door. Damn this guy was smart. We both headed to the front door as Sophie stopped Adam to talk to him a for a little. I always thought they should be together, but I know Adam is 10xs happier with Jordan.
"How do you know Kinsley?" A guy with blonde hair walked and stood right next to me. He was about the same height as me and same built. The only difference I think between the both of us, is he comes off more aggressive than I do.
"Kinsley?" I questioned making sure I heard him right.
"Mhmm, the vibe in the room didn't feel quite right, I also have been working with her for awhile so I know how she can act, and she didn't seem right." I felt myself getting protective. First, he doesn't know her. Not even damn close. And second you don't know how she can act. Not even damn fucking close. Third, it's none of his god damn business to know how I know Kinsley.
"I'm Luke by the way. Luke Tamers." He placed his hand out as I met it and shook it right back.
"We use to do music for her before I left." I finally responded.
"Ahhh, so you guys are good friends?"
"Something like that." I hesitated.
"How do you know her?" I questioned.
"I help artists make music here, but I probably won't be helping you because you're just incredible with your music." He laughed.
"Thank you, I appreciate that." I smiled.
"Does he like her?" He pointed at Adam as him and Sophie were caught in a conversation where they were each laughing so hard.
"No, he's getting married really soon." I crossed my arms in front of me realizing this guy might have a crush on Sophie.
"Do you like her?" He just stared at her before responding to me within 10 seconds. 10 slow ass seconds.
"What??????? Pshhh, no." I knew he was lying, and he could read my face and he knew that I knew.
"Alright. You got me." He shrugged his shoulders as I couldn't help, but to give a little giggle at the guy.
"I just think she's too good for me. Like she's so strong, and controlling, like she's a boss. Me? Like I could never compete with that." I liked how he felt about her. I barely know him, and I feel like I have a good vibe from him. I also know Sophie and we've always been good friends, so I feel I know what she deserves and what she doesn't deserve.
"Why don't you just talk to her?" I added.
"I do talk to her. All the time, I just couldn't tell her how I feel. That would ruin everything."
"True, but I was in the same boat and took a risk, and I don't regret it whatsoever and it turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life." I smiled referencing to Kinsley.
"You know, everyone expects guys to make the first move or do something, but I feel like a lot of people forget that guys get really nervous or scared when doing these kinds of things." Luke was a really relatable guy. He was a really funny and sweet guy.
"I agree man. We can bitches at these kinds of things."
"Ready to go man?" Adam gave Sophie a hug as she waved to me and I waved back.
"Hey, I'll be seeing you around. Maybe we can talk more." I leaned giving him a pat on his back as he did the same.
"Do me favor, don't say anything to anyone? Bro for bro?" I could see the nervousness on his face.
"Trust me man." I nodded as I turned and walked straight for the front door. Now my next thing is wether or not I should go to Kinsley's birthday party tomorrow. That could either be a good decision, or a really really bad one.