Because I Had You: Kinsley

"Alright guys we have some serious topics to talk about today." Sophie sat down at the meeting table with me, Philip, Luke, Bryce, and Tyler. Today was our once of the week meetings to discuss basically business. I had all my employees of high positions usually come in and yes. To answer your question. I basically work with boys.
"One thing is maintenance, we need to higher more staff." Sophie started opening her folders as the other guys did as well.
"Is maintenance really the important topic?" Luke looked boarded. I saw Bryce and Tyler crack a little laugh. Tyler was supervisor. He was the position lower than Philip. He has always been a little sour to me once and while because he got angry that I moved Philip higher and faster in work even though he has been working with me longer. He's a great guy and extremely funny. Bryce worked the same position as Luke except he actually puts the music together not really builds it in terms of what sounds good and what doesn't sound good. He reminds me lot of Luke except he's a ginger. So we always make fun of him, he's use to it though.
"Yes. That is important." Sophie hissed. I normally didn't talk much when it came to meetings. I usually sit back and just listen to what everyone says. I like hearing their ideas, problems, and issues all first and then I make all the decisions at once in the end.
"Maintenance is what keeps this place looking rich." Sophie added.
"You're right love. Guys." Philip whistled to get Tyler's, Bryce, and Luke's attention.
"Luke. You'll hold interviews." Philip demanded.
"You guys always make me do the interviews. I hate doing them." He frowned.
"Some people are just awkward. Some don't have experience, and some of my conversations are just so miserable." I kinda chuckled a little hearing Luke complain. It made me want him to them even more.
"Well, that's why it makes you a good candidate to do them." Philip replied as Luke sighed.
"Fine. I guess I'll do them, but just know I hate doing them. With a passion too." He rolled his eyes.
"So now we need to talk about deals. Philip totally nailed this week with Shawn Mendes." Sophie spoke. I loved hearing his name. My mind went to yesterday when I took him to see my dad. I wasn't gonna hold back anymore. I tried to be as truthful and honest with everything. Talking to him and seeing the way he talked back made me just love him more. Like 10xs more.
"Shawn is a cool guy. I really like his guitars." Bryce nodded his head.
"I like the green and blue one." Tyler added.
"Dude! His manger allowed me to bring them all in, I totally dig that one!" Bryce voice was filled with excitement.
"Gentlemen!" Sophie snapped as the both of them paused.
"It is not about the guitars. Seriously." She rolled her eyes. She has always gotten easily annoyed when things didn't flow properly, but this is how it goes every meeting. I find it really enjoying because everyone is always themselves. They don't feel the need to act professional and that's what I love about them. They're my family.
"What deals did you guys make?" Sophie questioned staring at Tyler and Bryce.
"What?" Tyler sounded confused.
"What. Deals. Did. You. Guys. Make?"
"That is not our job. We make la musica." All the boys started to crack up.
"Your la musica actually sucks ass you know that?" Tyler froze. The moment he saw Sophie getting furious he looked like a dog sitting in the rain. Miserable.
"We need something bigger than Shawn Mendes." Bryce spoke catching us all by surprise.
"What do you mean? Shawn is the most talked about musician this year." Philip tried correcting him.
"We need like Ed Sheeran." Bryce implied.
"Of course. You relate to him on a personal level because you are as well a ginger." Luke responded defending Phillip's decision on signing Shawn. Sophie and I began to crack up once again. Like I said before, Luke has always been a goofball. In matter fact, I've always thought him and Sophie would be a great match. I see the way she looks at him. She just needs to let go of her past as well.
"I make the decisions." I finally spoke grabbing all their attentions.
"I'm the one who can claim what we do next." I cleared my throat.
"Luke you have interviews. There's no debating." He dropped his head. He hated them deeply.
"Tyler. You need two deals by the end of this week. You're supervisor don't forget that. If Philip sees you lacking then you have me to deal with." I demanded.
"Yes ma'am." He replied respectfully beginning to write down notes in his notebook.
"Bryce, we have demos. Lots of them. You need to go through them and leave the top picks aside. Also, on floor five tomorrow you have Lauv coming in. Report back to me when your meeting with him is done."
"I got you chief." He replied writing things down as well.
"Philip, you're good I trust you, and Sophie tax papers." She rolled her eyes.
"Also, I have great news, but it's only for the two of you." All of their eyes widen. Little did they know, I have a surprise for them.
"Two of you guys are moving up." I noticed how every single one of their body positions changed. All became tense. I didn't like it only because I knew the names I don't call are gonna be heartbroken, and I'm not ready to see that.
"Sophie. You are moving to manager right next Philip." Instant excitement filled in her eyes. She fell right into a hug with me and squeezed me.
"Are you serious?" She laughed. She knew not only won't she be at the front desk, but she'll be getting paid another added $15.
"Philip, for the first time, not even when my dad was around, I've decided to add another position. You'll now be working right by me."
"Wait, but you're the boss." He was trying to understand what I was saying.
"There's two of them now." I smiled.
"Are you serious?" I loved seeing his reaction. Philip deserved everything, he's just the most kindest man in the world.
"So guys, that means you don't need to ask me all the time. Philip makes the decisions too. I trust his judgement." I winked at him.
"So since I moved him up, that means the rest of you guys also move up one position. Surprise!" I threw my hands in the air. As all of them cheered giving one another high fives. I love my job. I love doing this. I love all these people in this room. They deserve this.
"LETS GO CELEBRATE!" Bryce yelled.
"Bar after work?" Sophie asked as everyone responded yes.
"Bring Shawn." Sophie whispered. I stood up from the table telling them I'll wait for every one of them after. Now I'm gonna get Shawn. After all, he's all I've been thinking about this whole time.