Because I Had You: Shawn

Love is something that everyone should experience not because it is an opportunity, but a privilege. Knowing my best friend is about to get married shocks me because it shows everything is real, and that everything happens for a reason. I hope one day I can do the something too Kinsley. I hope one day I can wrap her in my arms and tell her she's gonna be my wife. After everything we have been through it all seems right just with her and all for her.
I looked at myself in the mirror as I fixed my tie and the sleeves of my suit. Adam has been a nervous wreck for these past two days, and doesn't seem to know what to do with himself.
"Let me help you man." I turned around from the mirror as Adam was struggling to put on his tie.
"I just can't believe this is all about to happen." He sighed.
"This is all gonna be amazing man. Don't you doubt anything. You and Jordan have a beautiful family and a love everyone seeks to have. Don't you doubt or be nervous." I tried to say things that were not only true, but I knew that would calm him down.
"I can't lose her." I could see the hint of fear he had behind him. I know what lost is and what it can feel to be betrayed, but fear is temporary and regret is forever.
"You won't. She's been waiting for you. I think its time for you to start getting out there." Adam was shaking I could feel it. He was overwhelmed, but I also knew he was excited. All of this just made me think of Kinsley. Just having her in my arms soon and just being with her is everything I just want. I followed Adam down the hallway as six of his grooms men all lined up. I was last to exit with one of Jordan's bridesmaids. For me the best part of it all will be his facial expression when Jordan walks down the aisle. One by one each men walked out to a love song I wasn't familiar with, but the vibe was set for the bride to make her entrance. The moment I started walking down I immediately made eye contact with Kinsley. She was wearing a blush pink long lace dress that took my breathe away. Her hair had soft curls with a beautiful braid. I can't believe she's my girl. Like literally. I couldn't help, but to smile and the moment she did the same thing back, I was about to lose control and just run, grab, and kiss the hell out of her. I don't know what it is, but she's the most perfect and amazing girl I'll only love. And I'm perfectly okay with that.
I stood by Adam and he couldn't stop looking down the aisle where Jordan was soon gonna be walking. I placed my hand on his shoulder and he looked at me with fear, but excitement in his eyes.
"It's gonna be okay. Trust me." I whispered as he softly nodded his head. Everyone stood up as "I Can't Help Falling In Love" by Elvis started to play. Jordan turned the corner with her dad as she was glowing. She had a big smile and she must have been waiting for this for a very long time because she looked complete. She was finally getting what she has been waiting for. As she started walking, I couldn't stop looking at Kinsley. I just wish the world knew how beautiful she was. I wish the world saw how hard she my heart beat and how she makes my mind race. The best part of all of this, I get to call her mine. She turned and looked at me as her smile could have been seen a mile away. You were only fool if you didn't see that smile. All I saw was her walking down the aisle and how amazing that could be if it was the both of us living a dream like this. I can already see it. I mouthed I love you to her as I could see her eyes were starting to water.
"I love you so much." She mouthed back. Her and I go down in history together. I just can't see myself with anyone else. I just can't. She makes me feel a way I didn't think was possible, and I how cringe that sounds, but this feeling is real and authentic. I wanted her standing right by me. I wanted her right here and watch this whole ceremony with me, so that way I could hold her hand and kiss her cheek at random times to let her know I love her, and soon this will be us. It really will be just us.
The ceremony was beautiful and Adam didn't get cold feet. I knew he wasn't going too, but now I know he's a married man and a happy man. I didn't get to see Kinsley during the cocktail party because Adam wanted me in some of their marriage photos, and its his day and I didn't want to kill or ruin the moment for him, so I did as he requested. By the time they were done I had to rush out to my table and wit for them to do their first dance together. All his his grooms men had to sit at one table which annoyed me because I wanted to be with Kinsley. I knew I was gonna find her though after.
Adam and Jordan walked out together and did their first dance. I just knew they always fit with each other and they just love each other. You can tell their love was real. The way he looks at her and the way she looks at him, you would just be a fool if you missed that spark.
"Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Mr. and Mrs. Woods one last time!" The DJ yelled.
"Now if you're a couple in this room, I would like you to all get up and dance to this song with the bride and groom." He announced. I quickly stood up and found Kinsley immediately. I wanted to dance with her. We have danced, and I love every time we do because our connection just gets closer and closer every time. I walked to her putting out my hand as she reached and grabbed it.
"Come on beautiful." I spoke as she followed behind me. Almost everyone sitting down was standing up with their date, walked to the dance floor and began to slow dance. I turned Kinsley around to face me as she wrapped her arms around my neck and I placed my hands on her hips.
"You look so handsome when you're all done up." She smiled.
"I gotta impress you one way." I smirked.
"You impress me everyday. That's something that'll never change." She placed both of her hands on each side of my cheek gently pulling my head down and kissing my forehead.
"I love you." She whispered. She laid her head on my chest as I moved her hair behind her and kept giving her soft kisses on her neck. I love her. I can't say it enough. I really do. I truly love her and care for her, and she can make mistakes but my mind will get angry, but not my heart. I think about her all the time, and I think about everything I've lost and gained with her. Thats when I have to remind myself its never about the loss, its all about the love. Just the real powerful feeling. Love.