Because I Had You: Kinsley

Shawn drove him and I to Adam's house and he wouldn't let go of my hand the whole time. One main reason though I wouldn't let his hand go. I wanted it right in mine and I didn't care if he needed to make a hard turn or something, his hand was mine. He has just been treating me so special, and I just want him to know how much I really appreciate it and how I'll do anything for him, even if its giving my life to his.
We pulled up to Adam's little house as the size and everything was absolutely perfect for them. We walked to the door as Shawn knocked and I had a down roses in my hand to give him. Adam rushed and opened the door and immediately smiled.
"How is your first day as a married man?" Shawn joked as they both reached and hugged one another.
"I'm gonna die a little everyday now." Adam added as he rolled his eyes making Shawn laugh. Adam pulled away and looked eyes to mine and I could see his mood change instantly. I knew he had a weird feeling with me, and I knew it was because of the past, but because Adam is important to Shawns life, I'm willing to make it work for him.
"Congrats!" I cheered as he just nodded giving me a side hug.
"These are for you." I handed him the flowers as he didn't even say thank you. Shawn saw the whole thing and quickly placed his hand on my back.
"It's okay." He whispered. I trusted him and went on our way. Jordan came out with her hair down wearing a cute summer dress.
"I just put the boys asleep." She whispered.
"But come, I made us all lunch." She smiled as Shawn, Adam, and I walked to the table. Shawn pulled my seat out for me and pushed me back in as I noticed Adam was analyzing every movement of Shawns with me. I was starting to get nervous and anxious. He was making me uncomfortable, and I didn't really know how to handle these kinds of situations. Jordan placed three different bowls down. A bowl full of salad, macaroni salad, and shredded chicken.
"This all looks beautiful Jordan." Shawn added.
"Thank you. It's all of Adam's favorite dishes." She smiled. Shawn grabbed one of the bowls and began to put food on my plate like a gentlemen.
"You're wedding was beautiful." I spoke.
"It was everything we ever asked for." She leaned to Adam giving him a soft kiss on the cheek. Under the table I felt Shawn reach for my hand as I immediately grabbed it and held onto it as tight as I could.
"Not gonna lie that you were gonna get cold feet man." Shawn winked at Adam.
"Shut the hell up." Adam joked.
"Here. This is from Kinsley and I." Shawn handed Adam an envelope. He opened it, and his eyes immediately widen.
"Are you serious?" Jordan reached for it herself, and she instantly cheered with excitement.
"I have partnership with one of the hotels over in Greece, and Shawn and I thought it might be an amazing idea to get you guys your honeymoon trip. Ive already talked to your mom, she knows to watch the kids." I explained. Shawn paid for half as I paid for half. Shawn wanted to give them something amazing because Adam was his best friend, and I didn't want to let him down so I agreed and I'm thankful that I did it.
"Everything is paid for. Just bring your spending money." Shawn smiled and squeezed my hand under the table.
"Wow thank you guys so much." Jordans eyes were beginning to water.
"How do you know my mom?" Adam completely changed the topic. His face and mood went from being excited, to wait. There's something you're not telling me.
"She's my therapist." I swallowed hard. I didn't like saying that out loud because now I know Jordan and him are gonna look a me differently and have questions.
"She's your therapist?" He questioned as I nodded in returned.
"Why are you guys even talking about family relationships? Aren't you suppose to be talking about your issues?" Adam snapped, right then and there. I knew he didn't like me from the beginning. Everything I thought of and about was right.
"Hey-" Shawn snapped.
"Don't say that." Shawn had seriousness all over his face. I knew this was gonna happen, but I wasn't gonna let my guard down. He wasn't gonna get to me. This is all for Shawn. I need to keep reminding myself that.
"Talking about family relationships help me understand how I should reciporate those feelings with them with others, it really does help." I sighed attempting to stay strong.
"That's beautiful. It's good to reflect." Jordan added. I could tell she meant it, and I really did appreciate it.
"Well you should have reflected that a long time ago before you went all hay wire with Shawn." Adam chuckled.
"That's enough." Jordan hit Adam's arm.
"Adam, you really don't want to fucking go there." I felt Shawn grip my hand in anger. I placed my other hand on top of his as I softly began to rub it letting him know its okay, and that I can stand my ground.
"I'm not doing anything. I'm just speaking the truth." He rolled his eyes.
"Where is this coming from?" Jordan questioned with irritation. I could tell she was embarrassed by his actions.
"You know, I've never told you huh? About these two?" Adam looked at Jordan.
"Young and dumb is all I have to say." He tossed the envelope in front of him.
"Once a cheater, always a cheater." Those final words finally hit me. I stood up from the table letting go of everything.
"I'm gonna head out." My voice was shaky. I was uncomfortable. I felt the tears coming from my eyes. The past is the biggest weapon you can use against someone, and right now I'm terrible wounded.
"No Kinsley." Shawn stood up reaching for my hand.
"Hey, I don't want to ruin anything right now. Your guys relationship is way too important for me to get in the way." I explained trying not to let my emotions get to me. I didn't want Adam to see he got to me, then that would mean he won.
"I'm coming with you. I'm not gonna stay with this asshole." Shawn explained.
"Hey." I whispered as he looked at me with sadness in his eyes.
"I'll see you a little later. I promise." I leaned giving him a soft kiss on the lips. I turned facing Adam and Jordan.
"I hope you enjoy your honeymoon." My eyes were watering as I walked grabbing my bag and walking straight for the door.
"Adam." I paused at the door looking right behind him.
"One of the happiest moments in your life is when you let go of the things that happened." He stared at me as I locked eyes with Shawn who had sadness in his eyes. I knew he was hurting, but he has nothing to feel. I understand why Adam is upset at me, I take responsibility for it.
"I love you." I mouthed to Shawn before opening the door and closing it behind me.