Because I Had You: Shawn

I stared at myself in the mirror as I had a navy blue button up with my sleeves rolled up on. I had black pants and black shoes to match. I made the decision to go to Kinsley's party. Sophie invited me for a reason, I feel like I would've been an idiot if I chose to ignore it.
"You seem hesitant." I saw Jordan's head pop through the door and her eyes meet mine through the mirror. I turned around with a huge smile.
"Jordan. How are you? It's so good to see you!" We both met each other in the middle giving one another a big hug.
"I'm doing good."
"Where are the kids?"
"They're with their grandma, I'm coming with you guys. Adam said he wanted me to go." Every time she mentions his name she gives off this light in her eyes that shows how much she really loves him, and how much she's into him.
"You should be going. He would love to have you. Which by the way, congratulations on the wedding."
"Aw thank you. I'm so excited." She lifted her foot up as if she was Cinderella.
"But I came to get you because Adam is waiting for us in the car." She gestured to the door.
"Of course he is." I felt immediate nerves in my stomach as I started following her to the car. Maybe this is a bad idea. I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. I don't even know what I want anymore. I just feel like I'm so confused, and I hate not having answers on what I'm suppose to do. Like I don't feel anything is in my favor.
Jordan and Adam talked the whole ride there. He always reaches for her hand when she sat down and he would hold it the whole ride. He is such a good man. As we got out of the car the place was already packed with people. It began to overwhelm me. As we started walking to the label, Sophie was outside trying to look for someone.
"Oh my gosh. There you guys are." She smiled walking and giving every single one of us a hug.
"I've been waiting for you guys. You guys are seriously the last to show up. How am I not surprised." She placed her hands on her hips.
"Lets go. The party has already started!" She had so much excitement in her voice that I could tell it got Adam and Jordan excited. We walked through the doors as there was a dance floor set up and people dancing having the time of their lives. There was a bar, cake, food. It just looked so amazing. Sophie did an amazing job.
"I'm gonna go find Kinsley and tell her happy birthday." Adam yelled in my ear because the music was so loud as I just nodded. Him and Jordan vanished in the crowd and I was left all on my own. Sophie got swallowed up the crowd, so I was really on my own. I walked to the bar as I sat down on a stool.
"What can I get, holy shit. You're Shawn Mendes." The bartender had a huge smile on his face.
"Hey how's it going?" I reached my hand out as he shook it back.
"What an honor. You have saved my daughters life." I saw so much truth in his eyes that my heart felt warm and the nerves seemed to vanish.
"What's her name?" I asked politely.
"Liliana. She suffers from an extreme anxiety disorder, and when she plays your music. It all just goes away." I saw tears building up in his eyes. I didn't want to see pain. Especially on a night like this.
"Hey, I got two VIP passes for my next show for you and her. Just tell me your name and I'll have my manager send them to you."
"Are you serious man?" He jumped with excitement.
"Dead serious." I laughed.
"Brandon Camerons. My daughter is Liliana Camerons. She's 10." I imprinted that name in my head and I knew the moment I told Adam he would have his phone out immediately and get my request done.
"Here man." He gave me glass pouring me a jack and coke.
"This is on me, and so is everything else you order-"
"No man. It's okay." I interrupted.
"For the man who saved my daughters life. Yes." He shook my hand again giving me one last smile before moving across the table to another customer. Guys like him remind me how special and important my music is. When I hear stories like this case, I almost feel like crying because I never thought in a million years I could impact someone's life like that. It's just a true blessing.
"That was really deep man." I turned my head as Luke sat right next to me placing his beer on the table.
"I was right behind you the whole time. I was waiting for the conversation to be over. I didn't want to interrupt anything, but really. That was incredible." He nodded his head as I took a small sip of my drink.
"Thank you." I smiled.
"Did you just get here?"
"Yes. Did you?" I asked back.
"No. I've been here for a solid two in a half hours. I'm miserable." I laughed at his comment. Since yesterday. I enjoyed talking to this guy.
"This is a good turn out." I added looking at the crowd and the people dancing.
"She doesn't even know half of these people believe it or not. Don't ask me, Sophie did it all." He took another sip of his beer.
"Have you found Kinsley?" Luke's question made my stomach tangle in knots.
"No I haven't. Where is she?" I asked.
"She's somewhere in a back room."
"Wait. She isn't out here enjoying her own party?" I questioned knowing she needs to be out here. She just has too. It's a day for her and all about her.
"Sometimes she does this weird thing where she distances herself away from crowds, but she eventually returns." Luke explained. It wasn't a weird thing she does. He doesn't know her well enough to know why she does that. I stood up analyzing the space.
"I'm gonna go get her." I sighed feeling the nerves all over again.
"Can I have your drink?" I turned my head as he just stared and blinked at me a couple of times.
"Sure man." I rolled my eyes as he reached and took the glass. I began walking through the crowd of people towards the back of the label. When I finally freed myself, I felt disgusted by all the body heat and sweat that touched me. I had a feeling which room she was in only because when I was here before, that's the one she was always in when she needed to clear her head. No one was back here. It was just me. I kept walking to the very very back until I finally reached the door. I knew she was in here. I knew it. I was just afraid to open it. I placed my hand on the handle knowing when I open this door. Anything could happen. Absolutely anything.