SOUL } 5

The rest of the day went by quickly, until it was nearing 6:00 PM. 

"Everyone's coming home soon." I say, whining as I lean on Hoseok. Our hands are still attached to each other's by the hair ties and Hae went out to her friend's, promising she wouldn't say anything about Hoseok. 

"Well, then, do I get to meet your family? Please please please?" He begs, and I turn to look at him slightly. We're lying in a parallel position, with our heads close to each other and our legs dangling off my bed. 

"Well, sure. But can we hold off on telling them the whole soulmate thing? Just for now?" I ask, and he nods, grinning. "Sure. Who's coming home first?" He asks. I grin at him. "My dad. He's the least overprotective." I say, and he breathes a dramatic sigh of releif. "He should be home any minute actually." I hum, and he nods. "He won't be mad I'm in your room, right?" He asks, casually. I shrug. "We can only find out first hand, right?" I hum, and he chuckles. "Right." A few minutes of talking later, and the door is opening and shutting downstairs. 

"Anybody home?" Calls the familiar tone of my father. I grin. "I'm up here with a friend, Dad!" I call down. He must be hesitating right now, because I don't have friends. My siblings are my best friends. I here him walking up the stairs and I turn when I see him. "Hi Dad. How was work?" I ask casually, and he eyes us. "Who's your friend, Ara?" He asks softly. We both sit up so we're facing him.

"I'm Hoseok." Hoseok says, cracking a grin. My father analyzes the scene for a second before bowing slightly, satisfied. "I'm Choi Chin-Mae." He says as Hoseok stands and bows slightly. He slips out of the hair tie, breaking physical contact with me. I keep control and don't wince at the sudden harsh sting of letting go of him. My dad looks at him suspiciously. "Do I know you?" He asks, and I shake my head no. "You don't." I say, before Hoseok can blow his cover. 

"Okay, sure. Well, you two have fun, I'm going to go take a nap." He says, and turns. He shuts the door behind him, and as soon as he does, I grab Hoseok's hand and we both sigh in releif. "Ouch, Hoseok, be more careful. It's getting worse." I hiss, and he rolls his eyes. "It hurt me worse than it hurt you." He says, and I raise my eyebrows. "When do you have to get back to your members?" I ask, and he sighs. "Tomorrow." He says. "Practice will start at 10 am." He adds. I pout softly, and then the front door opens and shuts. I wince. "Aw shit, it's Hye and Kyu-Kyu." I mutter, and he carefully slips the hair tie that's dangling off my wrist onto his wrist.

"Ara!" I hear, and wince. "You naked?" I hear next to my door, and I clear my throat. "Nope." I say after Hoseok sits down again. Kyu walks in, eyes on my dresser. He gets halfway there, before he stops and spins on his heel. His eyes are wide, and if I was inside his head it'd probably just be the sound that tsunami alarms make. 

"Kyu?" I hear Hye's voice as he walks in, looking at Kyu. He turns to us just like Kyu did, and he's just staring. "Who's this." He says it more as a statement and not a question, with pure venom behind his words. I cringe at hearing my brother talk about Hoseok with that tone. "Boy." Kyu mutters, his gaze far off. 

We stand at the same time, and Hoseok bows. "I'm Hoseok." He says, and I nod. "Yeah, he's Hoseok." I back him up, as if he needs the support. Hye just stares, accessing the situation. His eyes turn to me, and then his eyes lower down to how we're so close that our sides are touching. "What the fuck."He says, and then he tries to pull me away from Hoseok but the hair tie holds our wrists together. "Stop!" I hiss, returning to my position, although a little distance between Hoseok and I. I rub my wrist with my other hand. Hye is staring at Hoseok and sizing him up.

"Hey, he's just a friend I met at the concert." I say, which is technically true. Hye stares straight at me. "How old is he?" He asks. I bite the inside of my cheek. "I'm 26." He says, and Hye just stares. "Why are you with my little sister?" He asks, turning to Hoseok. I wince. "Knock it off, Hye." I hiss, and he doesn't even acknowledge my existence. "I was just- uh- hanging out?" Hoseok says in more of a questioning tone. "Ah. One moment with Ara." He says, and I turn to Hoseok. I give him a look and slip out of the hair tie.