Chapter Three

Rayne's POV

Rose and Ollie stared at me as if I had fourteen heads. "It said in my letter that either Rose could tell me or I could watch the CCTV, I want to watch the CCTV." Rose stood up and walked over to me. She shook her head and then argued.

"No you're not Rayne, I was there. I watched it all. I . . . I still have nightmare from the night, and it was nearly twenty six years ago. No Rayne, it'll be too much for you." She shook her head as tears fell down her face. She gripped my arm and then continued. "You will be broken if you watch it, it was not a peaceful death Raynie, I'd much rather it came from me or Ollie for you well being and then when you have properly come to terms with dad's death then you can watch it." I nodded and sat down on the bed, seeing how much this effected Rose was painful. She has always been the strong one, the leader of all of us. She followed me and sat down next to me. She wiped a couple of tears from her face and asked Ollie, "Could you get Noah to come in here please?" He nodded and left the room in search of Noah.

She took a breath. "Its a long sad story, I'm sorry Raynie. So I was nineteen and you were about a year old, maybe just a bit younger and the house was under attack. I got into the house and ran upstairs and took you through to Ariadne's room where her and your cousin Eva were. I went back downstairs. Ollie was stood there frozen, as was dad as they watched Daniel Rossi hold a gun to moms head. I instinctively ran in front of Ollie and stopped him from watching everything. Mom had apparently before this told dad to tell us that she loved us and she told me that she loved me one final time before he shot her at point blank range in the head. I watched as she fell and dad raced forward to grab her corpse." Noah entered the room at that moment in time and rushed to his wife's side. He consoled her as she sobbed. Tears fell down my face and Ollie sat at my side and he hugged me tightly.

"I love you big bro." I commented and he chuckled pulling away from me.  Noah picked Rose up and held her in a bridal manner and took her out of the room. Ollie left after them and I remained on my bed, it was all too much. I called the family pilot and had him get the jet ready for six pm tonight, I quickly packed my bags with the necessities. I left a note on my bedside table and then made my way to the airport. Well not directly, I saw the sign of a drive-thru MacDonald's and just had to get one. I parked in their parking lot and slowly ate the food.  After that I noticed that it was half four and decided to start driving to the airport. I was at the airport at five o'clock, I had just received a message from my pilot saying that he had clearance to take off and that he was waiting now. The family had been surrounded with press ever since dad died, the day we released word, the press lined up at the gates hoping to get statement from us or a reaction. I walked into the airport, I pulled my sunglasses down over my eyes and my hoodie over my head. I sped through the airport with my bag, quickly getting through security and out to the hangar where my plane awaited. I stepped inside and was immediately greeted by the hostess who I dismissed and sat down and awaited take off.

We were soon in the air, I got up and walked into the bedroom and attempted to get some sleep. When I woke there was a knock at the door, the hostess entered the room and told me that we would be landing shortly. I then kicked off my covers and slipped my shoes back on and walked back through to the seating area and fastened my seatbelt. Russia here I come. I stepped of the plane and the cool, brisk air brushed past my arms, I rubbed them gently in an attempt to warm myself up, it was nothing like back home. I then collected my luggage and met my driver. He was waiting, holding a sign that had my name printed on it. I met him and then it clicked, I smiled broadly and hugged him tightly,

"Illeya." I almost shouted with glee. He let out a deep chuckle, God puberty hit him like a fucking truck. He hugged me back.

"I missed you Rayne." I smiled and got out of his arms.

"I missed you too Illeya, are we going to the compound or the town house?" He led me to the car and then responded, 

"Compound, its easier to conduct business from there." I nodded and sat in the front next to Illeya.

Okay, so here's the deal. When I was a child, me and my father would come to Russia quite often and it only so happened that I made friends with my sisters second in commands son. We were an inseparable tag team. We were best friends, but I hadn't seen him in years, with dad aging and some of his heart conditions catching up on him, he was unable to travel.  The last time I saw Illeya was when I was fifteen.

Anyway back to the car, Illeya drove silently as the music played quietly on the radio. Once we arrived at the compound I grabbed my bag from the boot of the car and headed inside. Illeya joined me inside, men and women bowed their heads in respect and I walked up to my room. Illeya followed me, I sat down on my bed and patted the quilt next to me. He sat down and quietly said, 

"I'm sorry for your loss." I looked directly into his eyes, the rare grey colour filled with pity and sorrow. He placed his large hand on my shoulder, his touch calmed me, made me feel like everything was going to be okay. I sighed and placed my hand on top of his.

"Can we not talk about this, I came here to forget and work. So lets go to a club and get shitfaced." He chuckled and then nodded. I quickly called one of the men and got them to drive us to the club, I grabbed my credit card and my purse and left. I had one mission tonight, to get absolutely plastered and forget everything, absolutely everything.

...